TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

Very impressive and stylish. However I dont think it's kids friendly and the fantasy factor is not as in other Disney Hotels. I would love to be in such hotel but if I am coming to Disney I want to sleep the magic too.

Very impressive and stylish. However I dont think it's kids friendly and the fantasy factor is not as in other Disney Hotels. I would love to be in such hotel but if I am coming to Disney I want to sleep the magic too.

That is definitely not true. Unlike Grand Floridian (or Grand Californian for that matter), this is truly a Disney hotel. The touches of Disney are everywhere, from all the hidden mickeys, Mickey's voice in the elevator, the wallpaper having different characters' designs, etc.

This is probably the most "Disney" of all the upscale hotels.

I'd be afraid to touch ANYTHING. One of those lobby chairs probably costs more than my car.

Kidding aside, while it's not my style (mod/comtemporary guy), the hard work and craftsmenship is excellent. They have much to be proud of.

Love the pool, particularly the ship inlay and the skull rock.

Considering that the Hotel MiraCosta is $300-500 a night (and also insanely nice), I hate to think how expensive this one is going to be. But it sure does look great!

To stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is very expensive. I just converted the prices...

To stay in a suite, it costs roughly ¥250,000 which is about $2,332 dollars per night.

To stay in a regular room, it costs roughly ¥55,000 which is about $510 dollars per night.

...but, I think with the luxury that you will receive, it is worth it if you have the money!

To stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is very expensive. I just converted the prices...

To stay in a suite, it costs roughly ¥250,000 which is about $2,332 dollars per night.

To stay in a regular room, it costs roughly ¥55,000 which is about $510 dollars per night.

...but, I think with the luxury that you will receive, it is worth it if you have the money!

I don't think any Disney hotels are worth the money at all. No matter how themed or amazing the building is (and some of them are amazing!!!!), all you are getting at the end of the day is a room with 2 beds, a tv and a bathroom.

I've just come back from Orlando and for a lot cheaper than Disney prices we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana on the 535. This is much better than Disney. We got a full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with jacuzzi, dressing room and bathroom. It's beyond me why people would fork out £££ (or $$$) for a little shoe box with 2 beds in it?

Crikey - a huge Blue Peter Badge in the swimming pool

Won't be staying there anytime soon myself (like NEVER) as a week here could get a couple of great TPR trips for sure. However if I win the lottery I will post a PTR.

Crikey - a huge Blue Peter Badge in the swimming pool

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it lol! I like the miniature skull rock though its a nice touch.

Window:

People fork out that kind of money because for them its like a once in a lifetime thing. I know when I went to Disneyland as a kid my parents forked out for the big pink castle - when my sister and I went back earlier this year we stayed in the much cheaper Santa Fe because we had 'experienced' the big pink castle already.

Staying in the park hotels also gives you extra perks. We were allowed into the park two hours earlier than the public when we stayed in Santa Fe. Our cousins stayed outside Disney hotels and didn't get to the park until 12 - the earliest hopper bus left their hotel at 11:30!

Also people stay in the park hotel because they want to continue the experience - its a way to check out of reality and stay in the, in this case, Disney world. Personally I don't want to spend all day in the magic of disney to come back to a Holiday Inn and spend the evening watching Sky or whatever.

Okay end rant!

I've just come back from Orlando and for a lot cheaper than Disney prices we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana on the 535. This is much better than Disney. We got a full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with jacuzzi, dressing room and bathroom. It's beyond me why people would fork out £££ (or $$$) for a little shoe box with 2 beds in it?

Monorail > full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with jacuzzi, and dressing room.

Being able to drink a bunch of margaritas in Mexico while watching Illuminations and then walking back to your hotel in 15 minutes > full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with jacuzzi, and dressing room.

This is much better than Disney.

Nope. Let's compare what you have to go through to get home from the Magic Kingdom for that place vs. Wilderness Lodge:

WL:

1) Hop on the boat. You're home.

Sheraton:

1) Wait for the monorail or boat. You might have to wait a few trains/boats, depending on how busy it is.

2) Wait for the tram. Again, you might have to wait a while. And, the tram ride could take a bit of time as well.

3) Fight traffic getting out of the park and on the roads.

I'll take Disney every time thank you very much.

It's beyond me why people would fork out £££ (or $$$) for a little shoe box with 2 beds in it?

Extra Magic Hours.

Maybe if all of the rides were open...

We just got to the parks at opening time on days when there were no extra magic hours and didn't have to queue for anything.

Monorail > full kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom with jacuzzi, and dressing room.

You don't to stay in a Disney hotel to ride the monorail... They even let me ride up front and gave a co-pilot license