TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^^ Thanks. I just love the whole place (Thanks to Robb and Elissa's tours),

and wish I could vacation there, every season, and stay in the Mira Costa Hotel in TDS, lol!

^ Adorable and HUGE! Each one seats 10 people, four in the front row, six in the back.

Truly the biggest ride vehicles Disney has ever created so far, for a trackless attraction.

And if it's six vehicles they send out with every dispatch, that's 60 guests, riding at once!

EDIT TO ADD: Just announced that TDL will start Soft Openings

tomorrow, Monday/21st for Enchanted Tale, all done through TDLR's app.

See http://www.tdrexplorer.com for more 'detales'.

fantasyland-expansion24.png.1c4a9d71d76eb0128ebc4ada97eb9db4.png

It's sort of like TDL's "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" trackless vehicles, on steroids!

There's a POV online, not sure if it was done with permission so I'm not going to link it here but the ride looks amazing. It looks like most of the rooms are almost dance room with the cups dancing along together to the songs like a cross between Pooh's Tigger bouncing scene and the Heffalump room.

Yeah, I hadn't mentioned it yet 'cause I saw a lot of people on Twitter talking about how video was allowed to be taken but was not supposed to be uploaded until official opening day on the 28th, so I wasn't sure I should mention it.

But, yeah, I watched it and WOW. Can't wait for the professional and low-light POVs to come out later!

It seems very elegant and I am sure it'll reach Soarin' levels of popularity. I'd totally have to re-watch the movie as it didn't appeal to me as a kid and I couldn't tell you why he's the Beast and who the bad guy is. The capacity seems pretty great between the pre-show, long ride time, and the amount of guests in each bundle. Pretty good looking! Then remember it has its own area of the park + shops + dining. All round awesome.

The ride sign at the entrance also describes it as you being a part of the music of the film, more than a story based ride.

Experience the musical world of Beauty and the Beast, swinging and swaying in a magical dancing serving dish to classic songs that bring life and love to the Beast's enchanted castle.

I miss TDR so much! I don't think I'll be going back before Fantasy Springs opens but I really miss it right now. I loved hearing the songs in Japanese. It reminded me of the iconic Sinbad music! But yeah, I can see from the video that I saw that there could be some pacing issues, but those have probably more to do with them working out the flow seeing as it hasn't officially opened yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found a recently posted overhead view of the entire Tokyo Disney Resort! Showing progress on Fantasy Springs in TDS. And as well, you can just make out the progress on the new Toy Story Hotel (bottom left corner) they're building, too.

overhead2020b.thumb.jpg.1ca01c715f4b2b6ec42c55aa0872f4a0.jpg

Photo from @katsumisama816. Damn, I do want us to visit here in the mid-2020s!

• 4 weeks later...

Tokyo Disney seems to be also switching some rides to reservation only for the busy Christmas season.

Attraction

To experience an attraction requiring a Standby Pass, guests may try to obtain one on the Tokyo Disney Resort App only after they have entered the Park. Guests can enter the queue for the attraction during the assigned time on the Standby Pass.
- If a wait time is indicated at the attraction entrance or on the Tokyo Disney Resort App, then a Standby Pass is not required to enter the attraction queue.

For information about the wait time or the status of Standby Passes, please check the Tokyo Disney Resort App.

Facilities:
Tokyo Disneyland
• Big Thunder Mountain (from December 22, 2020)
• Splash Mountain (from December 22, 2020)
• Pooh's Hunny Hunt (from December 22, 2020)
• Space Mountain (from December 22, 2020)
• Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (from December 22, 2020)
• Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! (from December 22, 2020)

Tokyo DisneySea:
• Soaring: Fantastic Flight
• Turtle Talk (from December 22, 2020)
• Tower of Terror (from December 22, 2020)
• Toy Story Mania!
• Indiana Jones® Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull (from December 22, 2020)
• Raging Spirits (from December 22, 2020)
• The Magic Lamp Theater (from December 22, 2020)
• Journey to the Center of the Earth (from December 22, 2020)

Source

The English website also seems to make it that you can't queue up again for the same ride

A Standby Pass can be obtained once per day per attraction.

Source

At least it says if there is a wait-time at the attraction, you won't need a standby pass so potentially you could try and get a ride you missed out on or get another ride in the evening. Everland has been making people use the virtual queue line even when the wait time was listed at 0 minutes and trains were empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Change in Park Operating Hours

URAYASU, CHIBA—Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced today that the operating hours for Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® Parks will change from January 8, 2021 and remain in effect until January 31, 2021. This decision is based on the requests from local authorities of Japan. ■

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Park Operations Park operating hours:

Before Change: From 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

After Change: From 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Effective: From January 8 to 31, 2021

Note: Park opening time may vary depending on the day. For details, please check the Tokyo Disney Resort® Official Website (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/). Tokyo Disney Resort will continue to focus on the health and safety of our guests and cast members. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.

Source

Government have requested the park shorten their hours from tomorrow, but it's only an hour less. I've noticed this in Korea too, that a lot of Asian countries are trying to have a lot of people home by  9PM to try and reduce the corona numbers, trying to find a balance between an acceptable number of corona cases without the economic consequences being too devastating from full closures. Of course slightly less time in Tokyo Disney is better than no hours at all.

The website also reports that restaurants in the park will close even earlier and firework shows will be suspended from tomorrow as well.

If this is the "inside layout" of the Frozen attraction, then I still believe (IMhO) that this will not be a boat-flume type ride. Oriental Land Co. Ltd. (who owns the Resort), was quoted, way back when, that they didn't want a clone of what was in EPCOT (or to be in Hong Kong and Paris). They wanted a unique stand alone attraction/ride for TDS. So this sort of points to a possible trackless or test track kind of ride system. But who really knows? It's still exciting to me, to figure it all out! ⛩️

p.s. Of course it could still be a "boat ride", albeit a trackless one. Or like Indiana Jones in DL, with the boat being on a motion base.

Expansion30.png.dfcc39c04cb7435b706518a1aab94f30.png

It does look there's a flume of some kind, in parts, through-out the layout. Still. "To be continued..."

• 2 weeks later...

New construction photos posted by @Uminey_Umiumi,  Arigato!

Expansion32.png.11e35fb8f7451a7ee0204be09c9f857e.png

Arendelle's North Mountain. Photos taken from the Monorail, I believe.

Expansion33.png.deeb4a12558f70890e8af71551b2cf66.png

Backs of The Volcanic Mountains that are to be part of.....

Expansion34.png.351c6308f4b688c6cc06ac3a536fcbe5.png

TDS' Neverland!

• 2 weeks later...

New overhead shot of Fantasy Springs construction posted. Thanks to @KabaPark_RC for posting the shot.

Expansion37.png.e81b50b889524a9d292f67823e3f6a9f.png

Frozen attraction in the near-top right corner; top middle, ToonTown; below it, Arendelle Castle/restaurant, Tangled attraction to it's right.

Closer to bottom, left/Tinkerbell ride-Lost Boys Snacks, right/PeterPan attraction; middle of two roadways to be concealed with Cave/Fountains entrance.

And the new Fantasy Springs Hotel to the near-bottom left corner of it all.

Hope that wasn't too confusing with how I described things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So random question, I finally got around to finishing Kingdom Hearts III, the last of the KH games I haven't beaten on my PlayStation and one of the big things that comes up throughout the series is Roxas, Axel, and Xion eating the sea-salt ice cream. Got bored and then curious so decided to look it up if this was a Japan favorite flavor that I'd missed on all my trips. I've seen a ton of weird ice-cream flavors in Japan but never that so I wondered why it was in the games.

Turns out it's not a Japanese thing I missed, but a Tokyo DisneySea thing, I've somehow missed. Despite multiple trips to TDS and playing all the games in the KH franchise I somehow missed out on this. Has anyone tried it at the park, between popcorn buckets, and where was it available? When I'm back from work I'll look through my photos and see if I've been an idiot and it's everywhere and I was too busy finding popcorn to notice this.

image.png.4cca1febd2ab2de4ed04bb66008a81f4.png

Source

8 hours ago, Garet said:

So random question, I finally got around to finishing Kingdom Hearts III, the last of the KH games I haven't beaten on my PlayStation and one of the big things that comes up throughout the series is Roxas, Axel, and Xion eating the sea-salt ice cream. Got bored and then curious so decided to look it up if this was a Japan favorite flavor that I'd missed on all my trips. I've seen a ton of weird ice-cream flavors in Japan but never that so I wondered why it was in the games.

Turns out it's not a Japanese thing I missed, but a Tokyo DisneySea thing, I've somehow missed. Despite multiple trips to TDS and playing all the games in the KH franchise I somehow missed out on this. Has anyone tried it at the park, between popcorn buckets, and where was it available? When I'm back from work I'll look through my photos and see if I've been an idiot and it's everywhere and I was too busy finding popcorn to notice this.

image.png.4cca1febd2ab2de4ed04bb66008a81f4.png

Source

I didn't have that one when I was there but had this outside the Agrabah marketplace store on the map in the Arabian coast area at one of those portable ice cream stands. It was pretty good. This was a few years back so might not be there anymore but when I was looking for a picture of it google says its available in the mermaid lagoon area too. I'm not sure about the one in your post though, I never saw that one but wasn't actively looking for it either.

Not my picture but this is what I had... spacer.png