TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

I don't plan to go to Tokyo next year, because of the Olympics... but it seems smart to wait until 2022... but I don't wanna wait that long. I'd prefer to be in Japan literally all the time.

Story of my life!

http://www.tdrexplorer.com has just posted some new construction shots

(Thank You!) of everything going on in Tokyo Disneyland.

Here's a couple of the photos, showing work in the expanded Fantasyland.

fantasyland-expansion28.thumb.jpg.4890d8362d01e54e19a36f91f384f29e.jpg

The village around Beast's Castle is starting to show.

fantasyland-expansion29.thumb.jpg.684b9dff9d95ec8d1aeab02a44601435.jpg

On the left: The New Theatre. On the right: Beauty & The Beast.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Tokyo DisneySea's new expansion now has a name - Fantasy Springs!

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/05/d17d73689153-new-themed-area-in-tokyo-disneysea-to-be-named-fantasy-springs.html

More info / images at the above link.

An eighth themed area set to open in Tokyo DisneySea in the fiscal year starting April 2022 will be named "Fantasy Springs," operator Oriental Land Co. said Tuesday.

The area will add four attractions to the park based on popular Disney movies -- two of them featuring "Peter Pan" and the others based on "Frozen" and "Tangled."

The extension includes three restaurants and a hotel which looks out over the theme park in Urayasu, east of Tokyo, the operator said.

"We'd like this to become the only one of its kind in the world," Oriental Land Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Toshio Kagami said at a groundbreaking ceremony in a tent at the site, amid heavy rain and strong winds.

Visiting Walt Disney Co. Chairman and CEO Robert Iger said, "We are extremely excited to be adding magic to this world of fantasy and wonder...I can't wait to see these new magical worlds come to life."

Approximately 250 billion yen ($2.3 billion) will be invested in the construction, making Fantasy Springs the most costly expansion project in Tokyo Disney Resort -- also featuring Tokyo Disneyland -- according to the operator.

The size of the planned expansion -- 140,000 square meters -- is the largest in Tokyo DisneySea since it opened in 2001.

photo_l.jpg

photo_l.jpg

photo_l.jpg

I love it all!

The new entry way into Fantasy Springs looks gorgeous!

And tdrexplorer.com posted a video Disney created, combining all the concept artwork into a lovely little piece, which shows a lot of Disney characters "built in" to the Springs them self. Like the tree at Animal Kingdom.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-fantasy-springs/

Expansion10.jpg.459f0b76d300fdcbaa8ded87fbe930db.jpg

Expansion12.png.9160383031e7140f08dc6a71257e22e7.png

Still shot taken from beginning of the video, shows a pretty good deal of space,

between Raging Spirits and Flying Carpets, for the Fantasy Springs entrance/exit. IMhO.

• 1 month later...

Summer's now officially ON, and tdrexplorer.com has posted The Events that are within the All-Encompassing Summer Celebration at both parks. And one of them is for you Duffy Fans in DisneySea...

From June 6 – August 27, 2019, Tokyo DisneySea hosts Duffy’s Sunny Fun for the first time. There are decorations and new menu items in Cape Cod, but the summer-themed merchandise is definitely the highlight.

And they posted a great photo op spot in TDS, too. Photo from Disney and tdrexplorer.

duffys-sunny-fun-2019.jpg.92c58e83004459e02e82054ced17a6e3.jpg

~ Duffys Sunny Fun photo spot in Cape Cod. ~ I love the pawprints on the pavement, lol!

TDLR is again selling these wonderful "Happy As A Rainbow" t-shirts and souvenirs. Although they don't state it,

you can't help but wonder that these would be perfect for the current Pride Month.

More can be seen at http://www.tdrexplorer.com

Pride-T-shirts2019.jpg.9cd86d9c17fc0a5740fddbbd2cec9188.jpg

The shirts also include Daisy and Goofy.

Chris from http://www.tdrexplorer.com has just posted an awesome article on the current construction going on in Tokyo DisneySea. And this includes a wonderful video 'tour' of all the work done on TDS' Soaring facade, all the details, and what he can see of the queue. Daytime AND night time video! It's just gorgeous to see.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-construction-update-june-2019/

Soarin19.jpg.706798a350696fdbf8869684877009e8.jpg

Photo taken by Chris from tdrexplorer.com

I loved Tokyo DisneySea. My only "regret" is that the crowds were INSANE and literally could only get on a handful of rides. But still loved just walking around and looking at the theming.

The expansion looks fantastic. I wonder why they are not doing a Matterhorn-style ride for Frozen: if there was ever a movie that seemed to set up that kind of ride, the Frozen sleigh ride scene down the mountain seemed to be it. (I have a soft spot for Matterhorn, and particularly love all the riding through the caverns inside the mountain -- there are so many cool things you can do with a coaster darting in and out of those spaces. I was disappointed that Everest comparatively had little to none of that (mostly in the dark). I sure wish they had executed that Swiss Pavillion plan for Epcot).

I am grateful for all the expansions occurring around the resort. Hopefully will help spread out the crowds a bit (I know it'll be more than countered by further increases in crowds). But some more rides will do DisneySea a lot of good, regardless.

Edited by Taylor Finn

The expansion looks fantastic. I wonder why they are not doing a Matterhorn-style ride for Frozen: if there was ever a movie that seemed to set up that kind of ride, the Frozen sleigh ride scene down the mountain seemed to be it. (I have a soft spot for Matterhorn, and particularly love all the riding through the caverns inside the mountain -- there are so many cool things you can do with a coaster darting in and out of those spaces. I was disappointed that Everest comparatively had little to none of that (mostly in the dark). I sure wish they had executed that Swiss Pavillion plan for Epcot).

If I'm not mistaken, that kind of experience (though obviously not as huge) will be in Hong Kong Disneyland's Frozen expansion.

One thing I remember reading about the TDS expansion announcement, they did not want a clone of the water ride at EPCOT (repurposed Maelstrom). So who knows what this attraction will be like? Which makes it all the more exciting!

And the expansion at Hong Kong will have two Frozen attractions. One will be the (sort of) clone of the EPCOT water ride, the other a family coaster themed on Kristoff's sleigh. To me, the art concept looked like a redesigned Dwarfs Mine Train coaster.

NewStuff03b.png.31ae18c1fab265c5bfda769b64db14b1.png

HKDL's FrozenLand artwork. Looks a bit like the Mine Train Coaster. At least this front part does.

Posted on the net...recent construction of Fantasy Springs in TDS...

And about three weeks+ until SOARING Opens!

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5f.jpg.2b0d576ae2ecf25313952c2bb4e0c933.jpg

EDIT TO ADD: From the photo I just posted below, this looks like it's possibly the start of the new PETER PAN section of Fantasy Springs. And not the hotel I first thought. Thanks to whoever took this and posted it online. (o:

Edited by Nrthwnd

Two new overhead shots of TDLR were published on a Japanese site, today. And upon closer look, it appears (to me) that the first photo is showing the PETER PAN section of Fantasy Springs in TDS being built. And you can just make out SOARING (and it's show building) in the middle of the second photo here.

By the way, if these two photos were placed side by side,

this would be an awesome panoramic shot of (most of) all the TDLR!

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5g.jpg.5952aae0b92431b549605154f5c26374.jpg

Above the PP construction area, is where I believe/think that the Tangled section will go.

And the entry pathway will enter between them. What I think/believe. (o:

Soarin20.jpg.018c3ddca27e312e0beb3122b170fb5e.jpg

Thanks to whoever (you are) got these great overhead shots and posted them. Arigato! (o:

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5gALT.png.32728c2667bfa2b3096a08ed198aee6a.png

Right in the middle there, is SOARING~Fantastic Flight.

soaring-tokyo-disneysea.png.a22fe8f5c557b61342003dd17b564c0e.png

Opening July 23rd!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This just posted at tdrexplorer.com...with a neat little announcement video, too!

"Beauty and the Beast Attraction Opens April 15, 2020, at Tokyo Disneyland"

https://tdrexplorer.com/beauty-and-the-beast-opens-april-2020-tokyo-disneyland/#more-50157

new-fantasyland-grand-opening.jpg.6bf75777ff104047a9afb4417aeb0a39.jpg

popcorn-shop2020a.jpg.6c79b35f11ea33ae3456ae568b0ebb31.jpg

The video didn't mention it, but there's also the new popcorn shop (The Big Pop) opening in 2020, too!

popcorn-shop2020b.jpg.d6a2267571edd138cc82093a17728c2f.jpg

...Offering (probably) several flavoured popcorns, and buckets to choose from. With a neat popcorn chandelier up above! (o:

popcorn-shop2020c.png.abd957a7c4ee5d36b6e70fd69ef73e8d.png

Snuggled in between the Baymax Happy Ride and Belle's Village.

• 1 month later...

New photos have been posted, of Fantasyland's expansion.

And one of the Fantasy Springs construction.

Thank you to whoever took these photos.

fantasyland-expansion30.thumb.jpg.650476a853878e9a92f0443c0f2ca17e.jpg

Beast's castle.

fantasyland-expansion31.thumb.jpg.75b374e1531fc7445148127fbbfd0712.jpg

This could be (the top) of the new Fantasyland Theatre being built.

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5k.thumb.jpg.c194817d32094bb758d6197ae2d80a9b.jpg

Where the new Fantasy Springs Hotel will/should be. Bayside Station (monorail) is there on the right.

well, since the Disney days were well into the trip, they won't be "new" by the time I get to them in the report. . . so will go ahead and post some of them here now

Pics are from 10/16/2019

IMG_1529.thumb.JPG.2de1dfd9d13672fff370997d0823f61b.JPG

Beast's Castle still had the Scrim up, but it had started to come down as we were leaving on the final day

IMG_1530.thumb.JPG.a310046bb24fd1a50486a01625471756.JPG

Beast's castle hidden by scrim

IMG_1531.thumb.JPG.f833b23ce66aad274be2bda1dad67141.JPG

Gaston's Pub. . . looks completely ready from the outside, but the signs were still all wrapped in burlap to "hide" them. . tho it's obvious what it is.

big building too, so it must be a restaurant with a lot of seating

IMG_1532.thumb.JPG.a3ccc27efcfc092e4bb5bb9622370f40.JPG

see? big building. (this is an entrance further down the path from the prior pic)

the attention to detail is amazing.

IMG_1533.thumb.JPG.d607017663677d17fa9cfcd22141d392.JPG

they are putting some finishing touches on the outside at the end of Gaston's building.

tho the architecture on the top looks slightly different, so probably a store?

IMG_1534.thumb.JPG.3e670c2efe0a7ae4e9b934018b0c7ff6.JPG

on the other side of the street (with the sign still wrapped in burlap), but obviously Belle's House.

^ I believe that the house that Belle and her father live in, will have the Fast Pass machines set up (inside?) for the "Beauty/Beast" attraction. What I remember reading, somewhere. Great photos, Bert! Gaston's looks pretty epic.

^ Could be both. But it hit me when I posted, about it possibly being a Meet 'n Greet....I figured the entire new area would be a Major Meet 'n Greet for them, like Galaxy's Edge is, to a point. Main characters were sometimes walking around and interacting (and posing for pix) with the gp everywhere, we saw in DL.