TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

Since the press releases and articles we've found can be a little vague. Here is what we know so far:

- New Frozen ride that will be added to one of the two parks. It's not been announced, but its suggested it may be going to DisneySea in a whole new area with the look at feel of Arendelle. Given Tokyo DisneySea's "water" theme, this might make a lot of sense.

- Tomorrowland attractions Autopia & Sky jets will close to make room for New Fantasyland expansion.

- There appears to be some sort of Alice in Wonderland attraction or expanded area near the current restaurant.

- Small World is to be moved, perhaps in the area currently occupied by Autopia. (I can't imagine them removing this attraction entirely.)

- Dumbo will be moved and the new version looks more like the current Walt Disney World version.

- There appears to be an emphasis on Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty based on the artwork. (Again, nothing has been officially announced.)

- The press release mentions "development of hardware that will enhance the Guest experience in the Parks." Could this be something similar to MyMagic+ or FastPass+?

Edited by robbalvey

Since the press releases and articles we've found can be a little vague. Here is what we know so far:

- New Frozen ride that will be added to one of the two parks. It's not been announced, but its suggested it may be going to DisneySea in a whole new area with the look at feel of Arendelle. Given Tokyo DisneySea's "water" theme, this might make a lot of sense.

I can only imagine how bada$$ this will look if this type of recreation is true.....

My only thought on having the frozen ride in that area of Disney SEA is that the plot of land isn't that large. And because I love the franchise, I would hope for something placed in Disneyland where there is more room. The theme fits Disney SEA fine, I would just hate to see this new property short changed in Tokyo. Which is the resort we all know is capable of amazing things!

Its also interesting to see that they are slicing off Tomorrowland terrace and replacing it with that village. They are removing half of that giant building! I wonder if the replacement will still be food locations or a new ix of things!

Finally, in the Autopia area, I hope they expand the park boundaries. Because there isn't a train that circles the park, there little to no barriers to stop them. Only thing would be is if the land over there was ever designed to support attractions. We learned with the 2011 earthquake that the parks have different land then the parking lots, so they may not be able to build out farther.

This is all to exciting, my mind is running wild!

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

My only thought on having the frozen ride in that area of Disney SEA is that the plot of land isn't that large. And because I love the franchise, I would hope for something placed in Disneyland where there is more room. The theme fits Disney SEA fine, I would just hate to see this new property short changed in Tokyo. Which is the resort we all know is capable of amazing things!

That plot of land is a pretty good size when you look at the size of some of the other areas. Take a look:1317728677_ScreenShot2014-10-30at12_49_29.png.de8066de87473258eb2b97c35743841e.png

I added that plot of land on top of the Arabian Coast area and it's at least the size of Sindbad, the flying carpets and the theater. And knowing Tokyo Disney, if they needed to re-route the monorail or incorporate the river into the land, that's even more space they could work with:

361307423_ScreenShot2014-10-30at12_49_292.jpg.b5fd8f9062880f09303fcfd6774d699a.jpg

Think about it, the river that's right in front of the land where the transportation boats are could end up being a fjord that leads into Arendelle expanding that port out into the water.

Edited by robbalvey

Huh. Looks like Disney is now on a super early announcement kick. Marvel announced movies for 2017 through 2019 the other day, now Disney is announcing park renovations and attractions over two years in advance of construction beginning.

I'm not complaining, though! This is going to be incredible!

Huh. Looks like Disney is now on a super early announcement kick. Marvel announced movies for 2017 through 2019 the other day, now Disney is announcing park renovations and attractions over two years in advance of construction beginning.

I'm not complaining, though! This is going to be incredible!

This is actually not Disney announcing, but Oriental Land Company.

^ and I love how they kind of just keep us guessing! We only have one actual piece of concept art and we know the price tag on whatever they are doing is $500 million per year over the next 9 years. Which is a CRAZY amount of money!

This is like a dream come true. Tokyo is going to take whatever they do and crap all over any existing or similar versions. I can't WAIT!!!!

I wonder if the Frozen attraction is being developed in conjunction with the TDS project, so WDI is able to use Tokyo's money to help develop it for both TDS and Epcot?

Here's two photos I took of that corner area in Disney Sea, during the TPR Japan Tour last year.

I always wondered what, if anything, they would eventually put there.

So it'll be a new port?

resize_of_img_2918.jpg.775f1826b423753d6299c5c16cf460ee.jpg

This is the corner of TDS, as the monorail goes around it, towards the TDS Station.

resize_of_img_2947.jpg.edfe7205fa3c47e669085e6a89809156.jpg

And this is the other side of it, in the park. I'd say it's a pretty big plot of land to work with. (o:

I wonder if the Frozen attraction is being developed in conjunction with the TDS project, so WDI is able to use Tokyo's money to help develop it for both TDS and Epcot?

I could see them sharing the development cost for the same ride but OLC would build the plus version of it and Orlando would get the standard version.

^ Well, the reported announcement says it's going to take approximately ten years for all of it to be done in both parks. And the corner area of TDS is not even touched by the public, so that's easy to cordon off and build without disturbing the traffic flow in the park.

I am curious about how all the expansion in Disneyland is going to affect foot traffic. It's going to be quite the deal to get around there, but I am sure they will have worked out all the temporary paths, etc. when this all gets started.