TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

The Tokyo Disney Resort welcomed their 600 MILLIONTH visitor!

Mickey Mouse and friends celebrate the 600 millionth visitor to Tokyo Disney Resort's two theme parks

Yumi Sakai was given a certificate as the 600 millionth guest, a three-year pass to the two theme parks, and stuffed dolls of Mickey Mouse and Duffy the bear.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/5kb1-gla4Vg[/youtu_be]

http://newsonjapan.com/html/newsdesk/article/107219.php

Edited by jray21

• 2 months later...

That looks so incredible, I really wish this had been there when I last visited, it had snowed and for the first and probably only time in my life I had a completely empty Disneyland, i'm not really a parade person but i've always enjoyed night-time shows or electronic light parades if its not too crowded. I'd love to see this one up close and get pictures but I bet you'd have to get there super early to film as close as this one. People were sitting for Fantasmic almost 4 hours before it started on my last sunny trip. Although the great thing about a show like this one is if you are not overly interested in filming or taking photos you can see this one from pretty far away i'd imagine.

^^ So when is TPR going back to Japan?

This just adds more and more to how fantastic

the entire resort is, even if only with Disney Sea alone.

I just visited TDR and OH MY GOD. The projection show was beautiful! The storyline flowed so well and the projections look even more amazing in person. It was truly mesmerizing and a great addition to the park.

^ Seriously, a four day pass would be the best way

to enjoy the two parks, in the best way possible.

(Or a two-day pass, one day for each park.)

Definitely get the 4 day pass. It is completely worth it and very affordable. If I remember correctly, it was around $160 for the four day park hopper pass. I could have stayed there for even longer if I had the chance.

^ One of my Bucket List items, is to stay in the Mira Costa Hotel in Disney Sea... for several nights.*

*Or the Tokyo Disney Hilton Hotel for two weeks, lol!

I am going this October to Disney Sea! I can't wait. I went to Japan last year, but didn't have time for Disney. This time I'm going for 5 nights. One night at Park Hyatt, 3 at a inexpensive hotel, and final night at the Grand Hyatt. What does the park do for Halloween? And how long should I expect the lines to mid week?

^ No matter what time of year you visit, the resort is very crowded most of the time. With locals' support, which is wonderful. But it's still a big crowd to deal with - so first rule - ARRIVE BEFORE GATES OPEN at least ONE HOUR. I have easily gotten into a line at Tokyo Disney nearly TWO hours ahead of opening time. It works in your favour, so just gulp, and do it.

Make FULL USE of FASTPASS and SINGLE RIDERS LINE, when you find it. For TDL, single riders is only for Splash Mountain. In Disney Sea, it happens at Indy, Raging Spirits and 'sometimes' at Journey and Tower of Terror...depending. It really helps, to get late evening FasrPasses, especially if you are staying on site, like we did at the Tokyo Disney Hilton on recent TPR Tours. Then you have an option of leaving the park and hitting your room for a rest. Then head back out after the dinner hour. Easy!

Midweek visiting will probably be much better than on weekends at this resort. Not by a lot. But still better than...

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do there, LOL.

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jungle Cruise has just exploded back into operation in its new identity, Jungle Cruise Wilderness Expeditions! Marvel at the fully renovated animatronics and brand new lighting and projection effects!

Daytime POV -

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Nighttime POV (way cooler) -

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]