TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

This Photo Tour of Monsters Inc: Ride & Go Seek attraction really shows how DCA's version of the attraction should have looked.

I love the receptical idea to catch the FP's so they don't fall on the floor. DLR and WDW need to incorporate these. Granted, a guest could just as easily grab the fast passes 1 at a time as they come out however you have to admit, the receptical is more convenient.

If it's like this on a daily basis, you better get a FP!

This ride tends to get somewhat "mixed" reviews, but I rather like it. It isn't as good as TDL's Winnie the Pooh (few dark rides are), but it is fun.

I saw grandparents going on "Monsters, Ride & Go..." and it was great they could all get

on an attraction together, and not get thrown around, etc. Same with Midway Mania in DS,

so the queues and Fastpass swallow ups, will always happen early and then long into the day.

922411712_ResizeofIMG_2915.JPG.f39841f5f864c75057c56a00dc95b610.JPG

And this was at 9:08 in the morning, after I had exited Star Tours. And that queue was now over two hours long, as well. Eep.

Monsters Inc was definitely better than DCA's version but the two things I didn't like were the fact the cars went in three's. By the time the 3rd car was in sight of the targets, they had already been activated by the people in the first and second cars. It wouldn't be so bad if the animatronics reset in time but they would have to be super fast for that to happen.

and I felt the aiming torches at stuff seemed a bit tacked on and took peoples attention away from all the characters and sets held within.

Just my two cents.

This ride tends to get somewhat "mixed" reviews, but I rather like it. It isn't as good as TDL's Winnie the Pooh (few dark rides are), but it is fun.

I don't get the apparent hysteria that the locals have over this. It's a nice ride and some of the animatronics are absolutely awesome, but I just don't "get" the flashlights. I don't find it as engaging as a shooting ride and there isn't as much to look at as a dark ride that just takes you through a series of scenes (comparing anything to Pooh is never going to go well, but there's a lot more to look at from the honey pots!).

If anything I'm happy that the ride is so damn popular, it keeps more people away from other amazing attractions at the park!

I rode it twice on the TPR trip last summer. The first ride was alright, but we all were somewhat confused about whether score was kept and wanting to win (of course) we spent the entire ride crazily waving our flashlights around trying to hit every single target. Finding out there was no winner was a bit of a letdown.

On the other hand, my second time through where I just relaxed and took the route of "I point my flashlight at things and then I can laugh at the sets" I enjoyed it much more.

I think the point of the lights is to immerse you in the ride a bit more and perhaps increase desire to ride again to try seeing different monsters. It's something that I really liked about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as well, where the flashlights are needed just to make out most of the sets. Having the task meant I was in less of a "it's a ride" mentality.

I did this ride last, it had been heavy snow and the park was completely empty to the point where everything but the coasters were walk-on (even Pooh) yet this still kept a one hour line until the end so it was definitely popular. However I ended up with the last car and had the same problem of that the first two cars had set off most of the effects so I ended up just sitting there with my camera taking pictures. It was a good ride and maybe i'd just been spoilt by all the awesomeness of Pooh and the stuff in Disneysea but I think I came away underwhelmed that they couldn't figure out a way for all 3 cars to really get to enjoy the ride. I would maybe re-ride it if I visit again but it's nowhere near the top of my list of rides i'd get flashpasses for on my next visit.

P1070179.thumb.jpg.b41a9742f4d8b7376a632b8a7bb28d0f.jpg

I do wish they'd made it 4-seaters like pooh or back to back with seats either side, with 2 seater cars and the fastpass lane, the standby line really seemed to crawl although that may have been since monsters inc had a pretty lobby but as opposed to a lot of other rides there wasn't much to look at in the cattle pen line

P1070203.thumb.jpg.3a6f27bb157ad91e37e72743f4f00c38.jpg

You can see the other torches from the other cars have already set off the effect by the time my car has come round.

P1070210.thumb.jpg.7082f7d634c749a6827098cb0e43eff7.jpg

I did like this rooms effect of Randall being crushed though

I didn't get the ride at all…was actually disappointed because we couldn't really figure out what the flashlights added!

We ended up riding it twice. The first time we were in the third car and had absolutely no clue what, if anything, we were triggering. Rode it in the first car the next time and even though I could actually tell what I was triggering, I ended up just riding it without using the flashlight. I actually liked the ride a ton better just looking around at everything. It is a pretty amazing looking ride. When I was using the flashlight I was so concentrated on just trying to trigger a few things that I missed most of the ride.

I didn't get the ride at all…was actually disappointed because we couldn't really figure out what the flashlights added!

Yeah, this. I remember the first time we rode it, and at the end it was "um, what was that?". It's a nice looking ride, but I don't think the whole flashlight thing quite works.

dt