TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

The bus will go on tour across Japan starting from the Tokyo area on February 20 and ending in Shizuoka Prefecture on March 31. The bus will travel around 19 different areas during this time for people to watch and enjoy. It seems there are plans for the bus to visit other areas as well from April onwards, but details haven’t been decided yet.

There will also be special “Duffy Bus Experience” events at five locations in the Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Hyogo, Osaka and Aichi Prefectures between March 1 and 30, where people will be able to see and take pictures of the bus up-close.

Going to try and translate the full schedule in case we can see it when we're over there!

EDIT - Oh terrifying! Looks like it may be in Nagoya when we are! If I turn a corner and that bus is there I'm pretty sure I'll have nightmares for a month!

Edited by SharkTums

The bus will go on tour across Japan starting from the Tokyo area on February 20 and ending in Shizuoka Prefecture on March 31. The bus will travel around 19 different areas during this time for people to watch and enjoy. It seems there are plans for the bus to visit other areas as well from April onwards, but details haven’t been decided yet.

There will also be special “Duffy Bus Experience” events at five locations in the Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Hyogo, Osaka and Aichi Prefectures between March 1 and 30, where people will be able to see and take pictures of the bus up-close.

Going to try and translate the full schedule in case we can see it when we're over there!

EDIT - Oh terrifying! Looks like it may be in Nagoya when we are! If I turn a corner and that bus is there I'm pretty sure I'll have nightmares for a month!

GAH, I'm going to miss it! Lol

When we were Epcot there was a Duffy meet and greet with absolutely no line. My family all didn't know who he was. Such a difference from Japan where people wait hours to meet him and spend thousands on his merchandise.

If you dressed up Duffy like Olaf at Epcot, there probably would be a significantly longer line. Or just replace Duffy with Olaf.

^^^ Ha! We saw a little girl with this same kind of "Duffy Basket", Neil! We were

in the Yucatan Grill line in Disney Sea's Lost River Delta and there she was!

1417678966_ResizeofIMG_2767.JPG.584ec10bcbe8fa5f637415a972a13410.JPG

Here she is! All Duffy-ed up. On our 2013 TPR Japan Tour.

^ Pins yes. Ear hats, no.

I discovered the non-ears thing at TDL back in 2007,

my first visit to the resort. I guess they tried them in

the beginning, but the locals there just didn't take to it.

They go for headbands and usually large oversize hat stuff.

^I would disagree with you. Pins are NOWHERE near the level of in America. You almost never see anyone with a lanyard and they don't really do trading or anything like that. They also don't have a lot of them. In fact they give them out as consolation prizes to the few games of chance they have.

And the 'ear hats' are just different over there. They do the clip on ears, tiny hats, or giant hats, those are their versions of the ears.

^ Cool, I agree with that, about the pins. I would say there's way more Duffy collecting, than the pins. But still, the iconic Ears caps everybody knows about, just aren't part of these parks. The 'ears' show up on everything else, I guess I should have put it. Like the headbands, mini-hats w/clips, over size hats, like the one I got last summer.

307267249_ResizeofIMG_3107.jpg.7490b9cc454ad08d0cfd3bfa59a94854.jpg

Like this one. Thanks to Dan for the frightening photo, lol!

Checked in with the Tokyo DIsney Resort Events Schedule, and if

you're a Princess or Wild about That Bear, Duffy - TDLR has

you covered for the next few months.

Tokyo Disneyland

January 14 - March 20

"Disney Princess: Welcome Little Princesses"

Tokyo DisneySea

January 14 - March 20

"Sweet Duffy"

Of course their 30th Anniversary The Happiness Year,

at both parks, is running until March 20.

1439741358_ResizeofIMG_2959.JPG.14231d8e023f67d2f41fc36592b470f1.JPG

And some people definitely enjoy their Duffys. This was taken on the Steamer Transport, that circles around the TDS waterways.

^ Oh, we found them everywhere, especially at Tokyo Disneyland.

Here's one Princess we found at the park, getting free transport

from her minion parents.

117921917_ResizeofIMG_2687.JPG.1fa35765ae32845505872c892416e2b1.JPG

The gown even comes with transport!