TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

Maybe this is another Philharmagic for every park (Donald Duck and Stitch both garble about the same in every language)

But since it's interacting with the audience it's pretty much in the language with very little garble, so the one in hong kong ran 3 different languages at different times during the day, cantonese, mandarin and english, on the day we visited you had to be there roughly between 3:30-5:30 (I think I can't quite remember the time but I think the English version didn't have as many viewing as the other ones) if you wanted the English version.

The Stitch Encounters at Paris and Hong Kong Disney were surprisingly good. But watch out for me. I've been on a tear ever since I broke out of Space Prison!

Haha, I'm also part of the broke out of space prison club

Well this will go over really well because the Japanese are incredibly obsessed with all things Stitch. I don't think I'll ever see another parade that included Stitch and all his experiment friends like Huli Huli Ohana Bash did.

So now Tokyo Disneyland will have Stitch in Tomorrowland and in Adventureland at the Tiki Room. It seems a bit odd to have the same character in both areas of the park like that, but I'm sure it will be incredibly well done.

So was it determined Florida's stitch encounter would be too intense to clone? Lol

I wish Disney would just bring back Alien Encounter. Just give the Florida Stitch Encounter to Japan.

Edited by cfc

^Oooooo, there's an idea for Japan! I always wanted to get to that AE attraction,

but never found the time and/or money. "Disney Goes Dark". I liked that.

And Tokyo Disney would make it amaaaazingy scary, I'm sure.

Wall-E would be a cool re-theme for Stitch.

If you're talking about the one at MK, this is actually a genius idea. But I'm guessing if Stitch goes anywhere a completely different attraction or show will replace him. Disney hasn't had much success with either of the attractions that took place in Stitch's ride building (Stitch is terrible and Alien Encounter was "too scary" )

It was announced today that the Oriental Land Company will acquire 5.78 acres for future expansion of the Tokyo Disney Resort!

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20131221_01e.pdf

Announcement Concerning Acquisition of Noncurrent Assets

We hereby announce that Oriental Land Co., Ltd. resolved to acquire noncurrent assets as follows at the Board of Directors’ meeting held on December 24, 2013.

1. Reason for the Acquisition

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. will acquire land totaling approximately 23,382 square meters along with ancillary facilities located in Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture. The land and facilities are currently owned by the Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited (Code number: 8750, First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange; Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo).

As the land is located within the Tokyo Disney Resort and comprises an uninterrupted stretch of sizable space, the asset is considered to be of great value by the Resort for future use. Specific ways of using the land will be subject to internal discussions going forward.

2. Details of the Acquisition

Acquired assets and location

1-8 Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture

*Former site of the Tokyo Bay NK Hall Land: 23,382 m2 (registered area) Building: 72.61% of 6,616.71m2 (total

registered floor)

Acquisition value

9,319 million yen

3. Outline of the Owner of the Noncurrent Assets to be Acquired

Name

The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited

13-1, Yurakucho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo

Representative

President and Representative Director, Koichiro Watanabe

Line of business

Life insurance business

Capital

210.2 billion yen

Relationship with Oriental Land Co., Ltd.

Major shareholder; corporate sponsor of Tokyo Disney Resort

4. Schedule of the Acquisition

(1) Resolution at the Board of Directors’ meeting

December 24, 2013

(2) Conclusion of agreement

December 24, 2013

(3) Property transfer

April 2016 (preliminary)

Hmmm this says that it is the former location of the Tokyo Bay NK hall, which appears to have been a sporting arena near the bayside station, amongst the partner hotels. It was the roman looking roundish building next to the hotel we stayed at on the TPR trip.

^ I was looking at the exact same thing Jon

I don't believe that there isn't any land directly adjacent to either of the theme parks that Oriental Land Company doesn't already own. The only potential benefit of acquiring more land - like this plot that appears to be between the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay would be to either acquire better control over the land use on the peninsula or to potentially move some ancillary services and support out to this site in order to free up current backstage space for the existing theme parks

^ I was looking at the exact same thing Jon

I don't believe that there isn't any land directly adjacent to either of the theme parks that Oriental Land Company doesn't already own. The only potential benefit of acquiring more land - like this plot that appears to be between the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay would be to either acquire better control over the land use on the peninsula or to potentially move some ancillary services and support out to this site in order to free up current backstage space for the existing theme parks

That was my thought as well. The location itself doesn't really lend to direct theme park use, but it would be simple to move some backstage offices and facilities to that location. Then their present location could be used for park expansions.