TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

The Japanese aren't into the large Mickey ears, either.

Tell me. I tried and tried, through all 3 TPR Japan tours I took, to find a

pair of ears, but they just didn't/don't have them anywhere. Period.

I did pick up this little number, last visit, during the resort's current 30th Anniversary....

1100636322_ResizeofIMG_3105.JPG.997907f65afd375005198eff6547969e.JPG

This is what the guys who visit the TDLR parks seem to like, and wear - large oversized 'hats with ears' lol.

Edited by Nrthwnd

^

By the way, didn't you find it amusing that in some couples,

the girl was always making her guy wear what 'normally'

she should be wearing, in the ears-headband things? Like

the Minnie Mouse headband ears, etc.?

I thought it was ....sweet.

^^ And I remember you were all drinking at the time, hmm?

Sadly, that's the only time I wore the damned thing - from the

shop (Bon Voyage) to the hotel. It was too warm to wear it

in the hot daytime. And I could imagine the hell it would be,

putting it "somewhere" before getting on a ride, lol. So after

buying it, it stayed in the hotel room. Fini.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/tdr/20131219_01e.pdf

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that a new attraction will open in Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland® Park in summer 2015. The new theater-type attraction will be themed to Disney’s Lilo & Stitch, and can be enjoyed by children and adults. Stitch and the Guests will be the attraction’s main characters. Guests will be able to communicate with Stitch, who is in outer space, in real time over the theater’s large screen. The entire family will enjoy the fun-filled conversations with the mischievous Stitch.

Notes: In preparation for the opening of this attraction, Captain EO will close on June 30, 2014.

Attraction Facts

Opening Date: Summer 2015 (tentative)

Venue: Tomorrowland

Type: Type

Duration: 12 minutes

Capacity: 160 persons

Investment Amount: About 2 billion yen (tentative)

image.jpg.511f8f3b4996d7ac5808b19301fa88d8.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

While Stitch wouldn't be my first choice for a Simulator ride (Wall-E or Up would be), It would be interesting to see what Tokyo Disney does with the attraction. Based on what I've seen, they take A Disney attractions and makes them A+ attractions.

This isn't a simulator. It's like MILF and Turtle Talk but with Stitch instead.

While Stitch wouldn't be my first choice for a Simulator ride (Wall-E or Up would be), It would be interesting to see what Tokyo Disney does with the attraction. Based on what I've seen, they take A Disney attractions and makes them A+ attractions.

This isn't a simulator. It's like MILF and Turtle Talk but with Stitch instead.

Cool regardless. Disney Channel Japan did 3 Stitch anime's so Stitch must be popular.

Attraction Facts

Opening Date: Summer 2015 (tentative)

Venue: Tomorrowland

Type: Type

Duration: 12 minutes

Capacity: 160 persons

Investment Amount: About 2 billion yen (tentative)

I love that the type of ride is "type"

Sound like a cool attraction. Does Stitch talk though? I seem to remember from the one time I saw the movie he speaks mostly adorable gibberish with a couple words thrown in.

The Japanese ADORE Stitch so I can only imagine how well this will go over.

This was quite fun when we tried it Hong Kong, we preferred it to donkey live in singapore, stitch is just one of those characters who can get away with saying or doing things other disney characters can't in what to say as well as what is animated on screen and the cast member on our visit nailed it with guest interaction having everyone in hysterics for most of the show. I still won't forget when I saw Fantasmic, Mickey got a cheer when he showed up but the second Stitch popped out the hat and his girlfriend showed up on the jet ski for 20 seconds the crowd went crazy.

With the tiki room having stitch, I always imagined stitch encounter going to replace turtle talk somehow over in Disneysea so both parks would have a Stitch ride and themeing accordingly, maybe stitch was on a Hawaiian cruise ship Although I saw lots of Stitch merchandise in the tommorowland stores in both Hong Kong and Tokyo it was only on my recent trip to Hong Kong I realized how much he appears in merchandise, anything in multi-sets that involved central disney characters seemed to now include Stitch, my handstamps were Mickey, Minnie Donald and Stitch. Even most of the limited edition halloween stuff or the strange stuff like the t-shirts with cyborg disney characters had a stitch variant.

I love that the type of ride is "type"

Sound like a cool attraction. Does Stitch talk though? I seem to remember from the one time I saw the movie he speaks mostly adorable gibberish with a couple words thrown in.

It was pretty much all English when I went, whether throwing up ice-cream to share with the little girl, threatening a boyfriend with his space lasers over his girlfriend or telling me it's my business not his when I asked why i'd been put in space jail. The only thing was when pointing out rows and seats the voiced seems to suddenly turn less stitch each time.

P1130667.jpg.4bb724cee7dec43e5e1c1a450cc67873.jpg

P1130674.jpg.be8a4bd91802f26ca7e90911e81f1e84.jpg

Give me your girlfriend

P1130678.jpg.e4ad783872d00254c69162edec979291.jpg

Ice cream?

P1130685.jpg.9891773dd034443b02a43ef0c91652be.jpg

P1130688.jpg.92320f08b0731e103a9c8fb67faa1441.jpg

The help stitch escape was cheesy but the kids loved every moment of that.

P1130691.jpg.360db4bc3b8c905c2fae1fa11804db54.jpg

P1130694.jpg.199a6f5e0b3e5d6236fa334b3828d7c8.jpg

P1070649.thumb.jpg.678f6b012a2cf28af1ef0578c62e82e1.jpg

Stitch seemed to show up in many different themes when I visited Tokyo, something I normally only see central disney characters do.

Maybe this is another Philharmagic for every park (Donald Duck and Stitch both garble about the same in every language)

They already got one in Tokyo Disneyland, and it's Donald in Japanese!