TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

They do very well with the two parks they have. I don't know of any "third gate" rumors, but they already have two of the best theme parks in the world. I certainly wouldn't object to another world-class park.

Has there ever been a rumor of a third gate in Tokyo? Seems like people over there can't get enough of Disney so maybe a third property would be manageable in the future?

OLC has said there is a possibility in the future once Disneyland/SEA reach capacity.

And if a third gate was built, they've also mentioned that they would reclaim just beyond DisneySEA which I imagine would be incredibly costly.

So I don't forsee it happening anytime in the near future, but honestly I can't imagine anything a third gate couldn't offer that couldn't already fit thematically into either Land or SEA

^Maybe some of the new Marvel/ Star Wars stuff? I've never heard any real rumors about a 3rd gate but it seems like whenever these resorts start to grow the rumors start to pop up.

Also, I wonder the parks if the Olympics coming to Tokyo in 2020 will affect the parks any? I wonder if they'll try to open up a few new attractions or something in time for the event?

^By the time 2020 comes around, they would have already added quote a few things anyways. I doubt they'd add a ride or major show specifically for the Olympics, but something they were already going to add could open in time for the events.

Also, the the expansion of the resort, it would make sense for them to just buy the land next to Disney Sea and filling the small gap instead of reclaiming even more land. As well, if any of you have been to Disney Sea you'd know they cant just add another park directly behind it because there is the "Sea Wall" in the park that "Holds back the ocean". Adding anything off the entire end of the park would kill the whole basic story of the entire park.

^Yeah that's true. I also doubt that they would build new attractions specifically for the Olympics but from what I understand the economic impact the Olympics has on a city can be HUGE so it wouldn't surprise me if they found some way to capitalize on the event. Maybe they'll at least get a new hotel out of it or something.

The impact can be huge, but from what I've read on the London Olympics, it is not always in a good way for the local businesses.

Adding outside of the sea wall at Disney Sea would really ruin the theming of half the park, I just don't see them doing that.

Edited by Moose

Disney will do something to handle the crowds during the Olympics but adding a major attraction won't be one of them unless it is already in the works. Besides they will already get a bump in attendance from all the visitors coming in, why would they need something new to bring in even more people?

Also, the the expansion of the resort, it would make sense for them to just buy the land next to Disney Sea and filling the small gap instead of reclaiming even more land. As well, if any of you have been to Disney Sea you'd know they cant just add another park directly behind it because there is the "Sea Wall" in the park that "Holds back the ocean". Adding anything off the entire end of the park would kill the whole basic story of the entire park.

OLC was originally formed as the company responsible for reclaiming land in Urayusu.

And there was a very loose blue print from YEARS back that has since been diagramed by some Disney fans that shows the orientation of the reclaimed land so that its adjacent to DisneySEA but doesn't impact the view of the ocean.

Again, I just don't think its worth throwing around rumors for a 3rd gate because there are no indicators that one is in the works

How about....

They take the building that used to hold Cirque du Soleil's ZED,

and turn it into a totally indoor MARVEL Park! And like Toverland,

it could eventually extend outside and around the building.

Whatever happens, I do hope they do something with it.

It was such a beautiuful theatre with knock out in-house

effects and lighting. I am so glad I got to see ZED.

1949873254_ResizeofIMG_2888.JPG.3f39e3a1a17fe18c0d3086c337a4924b.JPG

Here it sits, in all it's glory.

Didn't part of the parking lot more or less liquidate when the earthquake hit? Can't imagine anyone super eager to reclaim land for a third park when that happened.

Yes, that did happen. But the parking lot is not on the same type of land fill as the parks and hotels. After the earthquake hit, I remember reading something about how the parking lot wasn't meant to hold the same weight as the parks areas. So that's why the parking lot had issues and the parks and hotels didn't see the same issues. They took into account what was actually going to be built and suited the land for the purpose.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

^ Or my BIG BLUE SKY IDEA, would be that the old Cirque Building,

is actually the Front Entrance Building, (the Main St?) attached to a

Larger Building, behind/beside it. The street that runs behind or at the

side of the bldg., can be taken care of with a secure tunnel,

and that would be worked into the inside design of Marvel Town!

The Japanese love to create architecture around everything and anything, lol

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/tdr/20131008_01e.pdf

Tokyo Disney Resort® announced that the Castle Projection show “Once Upon a Time,” a new nighttime entertainment at Tokyo Disneyland® Park, will premiere on May 29, 2014.

This fantastic and heartwarming nighttime entertainment uses projection mapping technology to produce a three-dimensional effect by projecting images in a way that fits the contours of buildings and other structures. This is the first time for this technology to be used in an entertainment program at Tokyo Disney Resort.

“Once Upon a Time” begins with Mrs. Potts from the Disney classic film Beauty and the Beast telling her son, Chip, a bedtime story. Many of the unforgettable scenes from Disney films, including Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella, are vividly projected in 3D on the exterior of Cinderella Castle to the accompaniment of favorite Disney music and special effects, such as on-stage pyrotechnics. Guests will find that this brand new entertainment is rich and full of wonder, a veritable “storybook come to life.”

Edited by jedimaster1227

I mapping on architecture! (thank you JC.)

It's so cool. And past Disney shows

in the American parks and Paris,

have looked really beautiful. From

what I have seen on TheTube.

How about....

They could turn it into a Disney Quest and give out VHS tapes for Cyberspace Mountain.

I really don't care what they do, because everything they do is amazing!

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20131012-701017.html

Oriental Land Co. (4661), operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, will likely post a record group operating profit for the first half of fiscal 2013, the Nikkei reported in its Sunday morning edition.

Oriental Land's stellar business performance, which comes despite the company's earlier forecast of a profit decline, was helped by a recovery in the nation's tourism- and leisure-related spending.

The company's operating profit in the April-September period is believed to have totaled around Y58 billion on a consolidated basis, up nearly 50% from a year earlier and its largest for the first half of any fiscal year.

The company had earlier projected a year-on-year group operating profit decline of 3% for the period.

There is a growing possibility that the company's full-year group operating profit will also beat its earlier forecast.

The number of visitors to Tokyo Disney Resort, which comprises Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, jumped 16% on the year in April-September to about 15.36 million, a record high for that period, due largely to the many events held to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland's opening.

Sales per visitor at Tokyo Disney Resort are also believed to have grown during those six months to surpass the Y10,410 for the same period last year.

How about....

Don't tease me like that! I was all set to see the show last Fall, but they canceled it after the earthquake. I planned to settle for seeing their show in Macau, China, after the TPR Best of China Tour on the same trip, only to have THAT show canceled as well! I finally settled for The House of Dancing Waters show in Macau by early Cirque director Franco Dragone.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20131018_02e.pdf

Tokyo Disney Resort® announced that the admission ticket prices for Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park will change as a result of Japan’s consumption tax increase to take effect April 1, 2014. The ticket prices of both Parks, from April 1, 2014, will be based on the new Japanese consumption tax rate, rounded off in the unit of 100 yen (in 1,000 yen for Annual Passports), and tax-inclusive as currently applied for the Parks’ ticket pricing.

The prices for the purchase or use of other items, facilities, services, etc., at the Parks will also be impacted by the tax increase, and the new prices set will also be tax-inclusive. However, certain facilities and Guest services such as Guest Parking and Stroller & Wheelchair Rentals will not be affected, and the prices will remain unchanged, in order to ensure prompt and efficient service.

218009870_ScreenShot2013-10-20at4_05_33PM.jpg.7515c636d9153e000a584596e43cebc0.jpg

And unlike in the U.S., patrons there will gladly pay the higher prices and still enjoy the experience instead of complaining about every little detail because they payed "so much."