TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

• 4 weeks later...
I wasn't wondering who designed it, but who manufactured it.

I'm guessing it was Vekoma or Arrow. But maybe Disney built it themselves.

Disney never builds a coaster themselves. They may design them, but not manufacture or build them. That being said, I don't know who did it, probably Arrow. I know Arrow did the CA one and they were only 5 years apart.

Some engineering company. Pretty sure they took WDI/Vekoma's design and manufactured and built the coaster. This is the 2005 version.

The 1977-2003 version was designed, fabricated, and built entirely in-house by WDI. Same with WDW's Space Mtn.

It's not really confusing at all. New York's subway system/maps are much more difficult to understand IMO.

I had no problem getting around Japan at all however I did find Shinjuku station a little difficult sometimes to find the line I wanted ecause its huge, it was my main hub for getting around to all the places since my hotel was there and sometimes I found I brought a ticket and would go through the turnstyles to find out my line was a different company or not connected to the area i'd entered and so had to exit the turnstyles (and forfit the ticket i paid for) and go looking for someway to get to the gates I wanted.

While I found some of the stations confusing, the Japanese I asked were all extremely helpful at trying to get me where I needed to go. I just avoided asking the obviously in a rush commuters, though they probably would have helped too.

While I found some of the stations confusing, the Japanese I asked were all extremely helpful at trying to get me where I needed to go. I just avoided asking the obviously in a rush commuters, though they probably would have helped too.

The station guards would always take pity when I came out the same turnstile and had to surrender to my ticket to the machine and point me where I needed to go, I'm pretty good with big stations and confusing subways since Koreas seems to get bigger all the time with new lines and they are always expanding the old ones to intersect with other stations, I guess I'm just so used to being able to access any line after the gates. Shinjuku was the only one really that got me confused in my travels.

I really want to go to Tokyo Disney, its just seems so confusing to get around in japan. I tried to understand the TPR guide to Tokyo but there was just way to much information for me to comprehend.

If you're worried at all just do one of our trips! We guide you around and also teach you how to do it so you can learn and explore on your own, with the group, or at another time! You can pretty much be assured of a TPR Japan trip at LEAST every other year and sometimes every year.

• 1 month later...

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20131001-701759.html

Oriental Land Co. (4661.TO), the operator of the Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea theme parks, said Tuesday the number of visitors to its amusement facilities in the fiscal first half through Sept. 30 shot up 15.9% to an interim record high of 15.359 million.

The company attributed the gain to events commemorating the facilities' 30-year anniversary, as well as to the introduction of new attractions. It also cited good weather and increasing demand for domestic travel and leisure.

The previous record for the first half was registered between April and September 2012, when there were 13.25 million visitors to the theme parks.