TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

Although I hope they don't pull the Alien encounter to Stitch crap.

^ I hope not, I'm still ticked off at WDW for that huge mistake.

What I am hoping for is that they just give the attraction a upgrade or replace it with a attraction that still has the villians theme.

With the Monster's INC attraction I know it will probably kick the crap out of DCA's version.

• 2 weeks later...

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to Open in Fiscal Year 2008

URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co, Ltd. has announced that the new Disney hotel scheduled to open in Tokyo Disney Resort in Japanese fiscal year 2008 will be named "Tokyo Disneyland Hotel."

The new hotel will be built in front of Tokyo Disneyland Park, with the Disney Resort Line's Tokyo Disneyland Station in between. The hotel will reflect the early 20th-century Victorian architectural style found in the Park’s World Bazaar themed land, the monorail station and the main entrance area. While grand and elegant, the hotel will generate a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for the Guests.

Stepping through the main entrance on the third floor, Guests will find themselves in the most striking feature of the hotel: the spacious, brightly lit atrium lobby with its approximately 30- meter high ceiling. Descending to the first floor, guests will be able to move outside into a pleasant, spacious courtyard bordered by a restaurants and shops. Beyond this courtyard the monorail station and the entrance to Tokyo Disneyland will be waiting, promising fun things to come.

The majority of the approximately 700 guest rooms in the hotel have been designed with families in mind, giving them a place where they can have a relaxing, comfortable stay. These themed room designs will no doubt afford guests a place to rest and talk over the many wonderful things they have experienced at the Resort.

This third Disney hotel is another step in the development of Tokyo Disney Resort as a world-class vacation destination. Its construction will allow even more guests to enjoy the Disney brand of family entertainment and the Resort’s two theme parks, fine dining and tasteful shopping opportunities.

Facility Details (Proposed)

Name: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Location: Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture (within the Tokyo Disneyland Guest parking area)

Management: Owner: Oriental Land Co., Ltd.

Operator: Maihama Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)

Opening Date: Fiscal year 2008

Structure: 9 levels above ground

Floor Space: About 89,000 sq. meters

Guestrooms: About 700

Other Facilities: Banquet rooms, restaurants, Disney shop, etc.

Total Cost: About ¥44 billion (including parking structure) -- $370 million U.S.

January 30th, 2006

URAYASU, CHIBA - A new attraction inspired by Disney’s presentation of Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will open in "Tomorrowland" in "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in Japanese fiscal year 2009. Guests experiencing the attraction will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with the little girl Boo, Mike, Sulley, and other characters featured in the movie. The attraction will capture the warmth and charm of Boo and the monsters, and is sure to be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.

Opening: Fiscal year 2009 (tentative)

Attraction Name: To be determined

Attraction Type: Ride-style

Investment: Approximately ¥10 billion (US$85 million)

Additional Facility: New merchandise shop

On top of this 100 million spent on a new Cirque show (still can't get over spending 85 million on a dark ride)...

WOW !! way to go Tokyo Disney!

Got to love it when hotels they build a parking Structure right off of your balcony, it make for a great view!

Hope it doesnt look like crap.

Other than that, the concept art looks great! But too often concept art is more of a "we wish... if we had the money" type of design, and is often toned down. Assuming they DO go through with it, though, it would be amazing.

Hey, why hasnt Disney made a fricken Las Vegas Hotel yet?! That would be huge!

Speaking of Paris -- it kinda reminds me of the Paris hotel in vegas -- at least in roof color --

It doesn't really resemble any Disney hotel I know too terribly much.

Kind of a bad drawing though -- I wouldn't have used dusk colors in the reflection on the windows...

Anywho -- a high end Disney resort at Tokyo DR I think is needed -- man, I might have to delay the TOTs across the world trip.

J.

Love the overhead shot pic!

It's always a fun 'puzzle' to figure out, "which attraction is where," etc.

And that does look a lot like the DLPR Disneyland Hotel, there in the TDR drawing of....

Looks very sumptuous - wonder how much the rooms are going to cost per night?

Thanks for sharing, Jose.

Got to love it when hotels they build a parking Structure right off of your balcony, it make for a great view!

Hope it doesnt look like crap.

Other than that, the concept art looks great! But too often concept art is more of a "we wish... if we had the money" type of design, and is often toned down. Assuming they DO go through with it, though, it would be amazing.

Hey, why hasnt Disney made a fricken Las Vegas Hotel yet?! That would be huge!

Believe me: it will be AWESOME. Tokyo Disney Resort spends the money and it shows everywhere in the park, unlike the stateside parks who try to do things on the cheap too often than not.

URAYASU, CHIBA - A new attraction inspired by Disney’s presentation of Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will open in "Tomorrowland" in "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in Japanese fiscal year 2009. Guests experiencing the attraction will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with the little girl Boo, Mike, Sulley, and other characters featured in the movie. The attraction will capture the warmth and charm of Boo and the monsters, and is sure to be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.

Opening: Fiscal year 2009 (tentative)

Attraction Name: To be determined

Attraction Type: Ride-style

Investment: Approximately ¥10 billion (US$85 million)

Additional Facility: New merchandise shop

Man! I know their Monster's Inc. is going to crap all over our's. I can see it now: You'll enter through a life-sized version of the Monster's Inc. factory. Inside, you'll ride a trackless car, and in the door scene you'll be suspended in midair!

It's probably gonna be the most expensive hotel on the complex as well, as the Disneyland Hotel at DLP is.

I don't know. They don't have a "budget" priced hotel owned by the park itself. The Miracosta is very upscale, and actually mostly inside DisneySea itself. My friend stayed there for three nights. (His in-laws paid.) Just the room alone was over 2,000 dollars! The cheapest room in the place is $300 a night, and that's in the 'low' season!

I don't expect the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to fill the need for a budget hotel, but based on the location, I don't expect it to top Miracosta in prices or amenities/style.

Huh, I would think Disneyland Gate would make it the most expensive and disney Sea gate one step down?

(kind of like how the closer the hotel is to the most popular park, the more expensive ala Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Disneyland's GC?)

J.

EDIT: Yes, that Monster's Inc ride looks INSANE! 85 million? Oh my word. get me on that thing....keep on having to delay my planned global hoping Disney trip lol.

It looks amazing and if it is anything like the detail at the MiraCosta - I can't wait. I'm excited because I heard Disney Vacation Club members can use points for stays at the MiraCosta in a ratio that makes it a very good deal - I'm actually considering it just for that!

TDL Resorts = Amazing

Huh, I would think Disneyland Gate would make it the most expensive and disney Sea gate one step down?

I've been to TDR more than a few times, as I live about 50 miles away. Based on the location map you posted, it is on the outside of the monorail ring which means it's actually a couple hundred yards outside the Disneyland gate. The monorail station itself is about 200 yards from the ticket booths.

Miracosta is about 75% inside DisneySea, and less than 25% of the rooms face outside the park. There is a hotel entrance inside the park and another outside.

• 4 months later...

Ok I was on the intenet last night and decided to look up something about Tokyo's new Tower of Terror coming to the public later this year. I wish I could put a link, but right now my computer is not working right, I think you can get it on Wikipedia. I think a lot of you know that this TOT strays from the Twilight Zone idea. This TOT seems to pay A LOT of attention to theming (like Flordia's version, and to some extent the California version) Unlike the American versions, all of this TOT's queue is all indoors (I think, I'll check on that). So guests walk through the building, which is themed to a New York hotel called the Hightower Hotel. Basically to sum things up, The guests enter a screnning room (like the American versions) and Mr. Hightower appears and says some stuff, then he shows a picture of his idol, which is cursed, some sort of thing happens, and the lights go out but the idol is still there. You then enter to the vault area of the hotel (equivalent to the boiler room). But to me the coolest part is when you face a wall, and you don't see an elevator shaft, the doors open, and the cargo elevator appears. From there its like the California version where the elevator stays in the same shaft.

To me this sounds very cool! I just need the link, but I think you go to Wikipedia, and type in Tower of Terror

I'm all about the new pre-show theming and stuff, but kind of bummed it's the CA version once you get on the ride. IMO the CA version is really lacking that something "special" that the WDW version has, not to mention how much more lower capacity the CA version is. I really do think the dark ride part of MGM's tower really does add that extra "dimension" (literally) that DCA's is sorely lacking.

Oh well, I'm assuming the "complete" experience will be much better, as the CA version is pretty lacking when it comes to any real story or theming. They basically just stripped down the WDW show to match their lower budget. And I have to assume that DisneySea will do a much better job with throughput because they seem to do so with everything else!

--Robb