TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

• 3 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/mickey-duffys-spring-voyage-to-debut-at-tokyo-disneysea-in-2013/

We have a lot of things to look forward to in 2013 at Disney Parks, including the upcoming 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort. Earlier this week, the resort unveiled plans for a new show, “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage,” that will help spread the celebration throughout Tokyo DisneySea.

Presented from March 18-June 30, the show will tell the story of Duffy the Disney Bear traveling with Mickey Mouse to enjoy springtime at Tokyo DisneySea. They embark on their cruise from Cape Cod and visit the ports of Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, and Arabian Coast. Together with other Disney characters dressed in new spring costumes, they take part in “mini shows” at each stop for a unique springtime celebration.

tok111111LARGE.jpg.00b855bb53e6785face1c53a395e8dbd.jpg

tok222222LARGE.jpg.ff0e9ec45804333bab8103f34e80281a.jpg

Honestly, if they would have originally made Duffy in the "Disney" style (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, etc) I would like him a lot more. He and his girlfriend (?) just seem a bit "out of place" next to Mickey and Minnie. But, what do I know?

^Duffy is INSANELY popular at TDS. We're talking 2+ hour lines to buy limited edition Duffy items at TDS popular, so I think they made the right choice.

That's totally cool. It's a matter of personal preference (or a lack thereof), really.

The only stuffed toy I have from one of the parks is an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit...

The only stuffed toy I have from one of the parks is an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit...

I see your Oswald and raise you Jack Skellington, two Pygmy Puffs, and a Steel Force Mascot.

Not to mention the insane amounts of Domo. Speaking of which, when do we see a park pick up the rights to Domo and put him on the front of their map?

I didn't even know there was a 'girl' Duffy!?!?

That's Shelly Mae, the bear Mickey made for Duffy so he wouldn't be lonely...

It shouldn't be long before she joins Duffy here in the States.

That's all I got.

I didn't even know there was a 'girl' Duffy!?!?

That's Shelly Mae, the bear Mickey made for Duffy so he wouldn't be lonely...

It shouldn't be long before she joins Duffy here in the States.

Apparently she's been around since October 2010???

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/2010/10/shellie-may-joins-duffy-and-breaks.html

^Yep! And she's as insanely popular over there as Duffy is.

Except that we were there in June 2011 for 8 days and we don't really remember her. I mean, I think I *vaguely* remember it...but you'd think of she was "insanely popular" we would remember it after being at the parks for 8 days.