TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Grand Ravine Park (RCT3)

I always have played RCT3 more for the career mode than the sandbox capabilities. That said I look forward to mountainous levels more while playing because they let me go wild with all kinds of terrain hugging coasters. Seeing that there are few parks out there on these boards that really have crazy terrain I thought I'd go wide and act out one of my fantasies of having a park situated right on a Grand Canyon like gorge.

I want to go with more of a Transylvanian grey cliffs and abandoned mountain gorge feel more than the Arizona desert. So Far I'm thinking spooky scenery, but might tone it down to just a medieval feeling. My goal is to not use any of the custom scenery packs out there as I am curious as to how far I can push what the game gives me from the start.

5.jpg.cf3ead1905ea19ccee8d2de52ca98358.jpg

Here is the overview of the terraforming I've done so far. I wil get around to coloring the tiles one I get the look I want.

6.jpg.d9e3dee5967da362cc27c8acc0e634a4.jpg

The giant falls responsible for creating the ravine that will be the focal point of the park. They do look a little square and unnatural, but I'm still tweaking them to try to fix some of that.

7.jpg.f2b26480a624273d798d7e48636cddd2.jpg

A better view of the left ravine.

8.jpg.47265a3143094ab11026ee7fd83c8992.jpg

An overview of the skyline at dusk from the point of view of the curent location of the front gate.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While Doing the Terraforming I was also building my first attraction so far dubbed Castle Crash. As I said before I am trying to use only the scenery that comes with the game to make the ride and park file easy to share, but as a result some sections of the ride feel bare.

I imagine it to be a S&S El Loco style coaster, but it truly isn't. The closest stock coaster style the game has to that is a coaster called an Inverted Wild Mouse. The problem with this design is it cannot take wide turns, there is no banking available, and the only inversion I can use is a drop that keeps going past vertical. I wish I could have thrown in some barrel rolls as well as other trick elements.

Also because the limits on ride type and scenery there are a lot of head choppers that are probably too close to be realistic and there are several parts where the rails make contact with the bricks of the walls. I can live with it for a first try.

Here is a on ride video. Sorry, but there is no sound. All of my music files are on my other computer and I wasn't in the mood to find one that fit and port it over to my laptop. Also, in game the ride is much slower. For some reason uploading the video to youtube sped it up about 50%.

1.jpg.c063a6b9dab961ddd9ac9e7c6ea32c31.jpg

Here is the layout without the scenery

2.jpg.0aebe7d6c0275c8dd8614abc2be74003.jpg

Here it it in full scenery. I am probably going to place this ride right on the piece of land in the middle of the ravine fork and will probably extend it's walls to make it seem like it was apart of a bigger structure that has succumbed to the erosion of the river below.

3.jpg.d5219bc48aa4736bf9fb3d446f3121ef.jpg

The ride does peek out from the castle every now and then. One of my main reasons to go with the extensive theming is to get around the unrealistic ride supports which now can be explained away as being built into the structure itself.

4.jpg.9710ade7817392724aa355617e7ba486.jpg

Here is the rear of the ride. I placed the the windmill there because I was bored and it won't be in the final design. Really I hope to make this the part building which is falling into the ravine.