TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

Yeah, I do think Cedar Point may be getting a B&M next year, though I don't believe it will be this lime green wing rider. I'm sure there's plenty of parks up for a B&M, doesn't necessarily mean it has to be this one.

My bet is for an overseas park, I'm getting a strange feeling it's headed to Spain? Though I've got zero points to back that up haha.

Where can Cedar Point fit a new coaster? I don't think they have anymore room for a coaster unless they take one out. I guess that isn't too unlikely, but I don't think they will do it for next year.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I do think Cedar Point may be getting a B&M next year, though I don't believe it will be this lime green wing rider. I'm sure there's plenty of parks up for a B&M, doesn't necessarily mean it has to be this one.

My bet is for an overseas park, I'm getting a strange feeling it's headed to Spain? Though I've got zero points to back that up haha.

Where can Cedar Point fit a new coaster? I don't think they have anymore room for a coaster unless they take one out. I guess that isn't too unlikely, but I don't think they will do it for next year.

The place that a coaster would best fit is in the area where Cad/Turnpike cars are located. Which is right next to Raptor. Which is green. Hmm... I'm with grrt. I think CP will get a B&M, but not this green one.

CP has plenty of space. If they need space, they'll just make some. That goes for any park.

Oh and for the record, I don't think a wing coaster would be a good fit for BGW. Something about it tells me there are better rides to add. Same goes for SFOG.

Speaking of B&M, doesn't B&M and SeaWorld Park's DM contract supposedly expire this year? (Don't they have a contract?)

According to coaster enthusiasts, the contract has expired every year for around the past 5 years or so. First it was an "exclusive" contract, then it turned into a "limited to the US" exclusive contract after DMs started popping up in different countries, now it's "the contract has expired so we should see another Dive Machine any time now." Honestly, the supposed "contract" is and always has been a myth. *Maybe* they had one for a year or two before the Dive Machine novelty wore off, but I think it's just the fact that parks don't have any desire to build one.

Not that I believe this is going to Cedar Point...as a matter of fact I DON'T think it will at all (as I have said numerous times in previous posts), but they have plenty of space. People thought the same thing before MF and TTD, and they managed two monster coasters that took the title of world's tallest and fastest.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Yeah, I don't really see this coming to Cedar Point next year. With some of the hype for the new ride next year for CP, (Since it has been like 5 years without a coaster, and that is IF it is a coaster) I don't think they will add a Wingrider since there is one just a few states down and over. It just doesn't seem like a notable installment sine they are popping up everywhere now. But, that is just my opinion. I could be wrong. Who knows..

Edited by CpBluestreakCp

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at a google satelite image of Cedar Point and I still don't see where they can fit a coaster. The only way I can see it is if they build through Millenium Force or over a path, which I don't see either happening for CF's ridiculous safety reasons. Show me visual proof that I'm wrong and I'll believe you. Highlight an area where a coaster can go that CF will realistically put one.

^ There are endless possibilities. I'm not going to sit here for hours in MS Paint highlighting all the areas, but there are a ton. Up front by the entrance in DD's old spot, by WT near Ocean Motion's old spot, behind Raptor where Calypso and the car ride is all the way up to Wildcat (and even including the old Pirate Ride building's spot if need be I guess), all the space in Frontiertown, next to Mean Streak, next to Millennium near SRF, SRF's spot itself, behind Millennium near the rapids ride, next to Gemini, next to Maverick/CCMR where the cars and buildings (shows) are, so on and so forth. Heck, if they wanted to they could even take a coaster all they way outside the park to the water like they did with Magnum.

That's just from a layman's perspective, I'm sure construction and architectural experts cam come up with 100 times more spots than I can. You'd be amazed how much land is freed up by simply moving a flat or two here and there, and/or re-routing the train or one of the three car rides they own. Trust me, they are nowhere near to running out of room, and don't need to remove a coaster to build another.

That reminds me....I'm suprised that the plant hasn't gone so far as to fence up theiroutdoor storage lot to keep us from photographing what's there?They had to resort to changing the shipping labels in recent years so I wouldn't put it past them to go that far,after all until the track is shipped it's still their property & they might not appreciate people taking photographs of it....even from a public road.

I've always thought that a bigger deal is made of this than needs to be. No one is foiling anyone's grand scheme by actually taking time out of their day to visit random fabrication plants and posting about it on a message board. It's not like someone has a complete bootleg of the next Batman movie. Even if someone narrows it down and guesses correctly- only people who have this hobby will care. Barely. Someone managed to get a close up of a shipping label on a piece of metal? Sweet, I'm just going to go stand over there, away from the people who sneak around industrial parking lots taking pictures of metal...

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at a google satelite image of Cedar Point and I still don't see where they can fit a coaster. The only way I can see it is if they build through Millenium Force or over a path, which I don't see either happening for CF's ridiculous safety reasons. Show me visual proof that I'm wrong and I'll believe you. Highlight an area where a coaster can go that CF will realistically put one.

Ever been to Indiana beach?

We've gone over this time and time again. If a park wants to put in an attraction, they will find the room to do so. There are many examples. Just look at Indiana Beach or Blackpool. I'm sure people can name others.

Saying a park doesn't have room for a new coaster or flat ride or a new churro cart or whatever is just dumb, as it's been proven wrong again and again. Please stop. Thank you.

dt

You cannot be serious. You just can't be.

Whoever this is for, rule out Six Flags. X-Flight's track wasn't fabricated until late August, and SF always gets track later than all other customers, mostly due to Six Flags wanting a later ship date.

My gamble is that this is for a park outside of the US.

SFOT and SFOG just got major new additions.

For everyone saying anything even similar to this, have you been completely isolating yourself from anything said by anyone at Six Flags? Their goal is to create "news" at every park every single season. With the five-year plans that parks have submitted, almost all parks have three coasters, others have two. Just take some time to listen and read over what is being said, might be beneficial.

Edited by liftsifter

This is why you are posting on TPR and not working for P&D at Cedar Point.

People will think I'm crazy but I can see CP doing a full circuit 400 footer next year.

They already have one...

B&M

B&M went pretty bold with a Wingrider and a 300ft coaster in consecutive years. I think they have a few more before they get a little more... innovative.