TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

Given how early this is being manufactured, I think there's a really good chance it is destined overseas (more likely Asia than Europe). However, if it is bound for the US, I'm willing to bet it will be going to a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park.

For Six Flags, the two most likely parks would be Six Flags Over Texas or Six Flags St. Louis. Both of these parks only have one B&M currently (a Batman), and both haven't got a new coaster since 2008. SFOT would probably be the more likely of the two to recieve it simply because SFStL is relatively close to SFGAm and they are rumored to be creating a DC Universe (which this coaster could easily fit into, Green Lantern or otherwise), but I could definitely see it showing up at either park. The only other somewhat likely park in the Six Flags chain would be SFGAdv, and that would only be as a replacement ride if they do plan to remove Bizarro (which would likely be relocated to SFStL).

For Cedar Fair, Cedar Point is definitely the most likely possibility. They are in need of a new coaster, and there are strong rumors their next project will be a B&M. A wing coaster would fit nicely into the park, as they don't have anything quite like it yet. My second guess for Cedar Fair is Knott's, simply because they are rumored to be getting a new coaster for next year and I honestly think the park is a little on the small side for a Giga (I could see a B&M mega, however). A wing coaster would fit in nicely as a replacement for Perilous Plunge, as it would probably be about the same height and the footprint would be similar (the coaster could be extended onto the arcade building if necessary). If it is Cedar Fair and neither of these two parks, I'd guess either Worlds of Fun or Kings Island since both are somewhat distant from the current wing coaster installations and neither have a similar type of coaster, plus it's been a few years since either one got a new coaster (although Kings Island can be ruled out if reopening Son of Beast in the next couple years is a realistic possibility). I could be wrong, but I don't think a smaller park like CGA or Valleyfair would be as likely to recieve this kind of investment, and CGA is ruled out due to the new GCI.

In all honesty, it is way too early to tell and this is all guesswork at this point. If the track is still there in October, I think it's safe to say it is going to a US park but until it shows up in a parking lot we'll have no idea which one.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason Terra Mitica in spain, popped into my head. I don't think terra mitica has had a major attraction for sometime, and also since that new company bought the park there could be a chance. Hopefully they get this wing rider, because that is the worst theme park I've ever been to and it needs something to make it great again.

This is semi unrelated to where the mysterious green track might be going (I really have no idea), but did anyone else find it strange that Wild Eagle at Dollywood is being promoted as America's first wing rider style coaster even though X-Flight at SFGAM is opening just a few months later? Is it possible that Six Flags might have signed a 2 or 3 (or more) coaster deal with B&M for some Wing Riders? I just find it odd that Dollywood is promoting it as as America's first while, while it technically is first but in all reality its not that big of a deal. it's like Dollywood bought Wild Eagle and planned it's marketing campaign around being the only Wing Coaster in America for a year or more, then B&M decided to sell a second wing coaster (maybe more) in the same year which kinda screws that part of it up.

No,I call it clever marketing on Dollywood's part.

SFI hasn't got the cash for multi-coaster deals fora ride of such cost & their majorly spoiled park (SFMM) can be ruled out for a wingrider since they have a 4-D.Besides SFI wouldn't build such a massive ride that needed to be produced this early in order to be a 2013 installation.

My money is on it being for one of the Asian parks that seem to be popping up like weeds as of recently,of course I can always cross my fingers & hope that it's for a CF park(preferably KD).

Stupid question here, but how do we even know it is a Wingrider? If I recall, it doesn't have any information about being one. But this type is the hype now, I can see where you would think it is a Wingrider.

Sorry if this question has been asked, I'm too lazy to scroll through 8 pages to find an answer.

^ No one knows for sure, but that's what the general assumption is based on the coding found on the track labels.

A park nobody has mentionned yet, and which I think lacks modern steel (although I have never been there, shame on me !) is Kennywood. I know they added SkyRocket some years ago, but it seems strange they have never gone B&M...

As much as I would like to see one, I think we are years off from seeing Kennywood getting a large coaster like a B&M or Intamin, sadly, if they ever do at all. Maybe Dollywood will show Kennywood that it's possible to still keep the traditional atmosphere of a park even after adding a massive B&M.

If its gonna be in America I'd say Knotts is plausible. It won't be at Cedar Point as they already have a green B&M.

New 2014 ride for Dreamworld Australia? Maybe the scenic bushland B&M hyper we've all been waiting for over here?

I can dream.

Anyway even if its not a wing rider, its still another B&M in the world, and that has to be a good thing.

Just wondering, is it even the slightest bit possible for B&M to make a Hyper Wingrider (Hypercoaster layout, and with the current B&M Wingrider trains, not something like Skyrush) or would the forces be too great?

Figured I'd share this very "grain of salt" rumor.

This weekend there were three B&M engineers monitoring Wild Eagle on Friday & Saturday. I'm sure this is probably common practice on opening day, though the safety gates that are working in Wild Eagle's POV are currently broken and two security guards stand at the front of the station to prevent anyone from plummeting to their death. Anyway- during one ride where they were just socializing and not monitoring their laptops, I went up to them and thanked them for the great ride. After a few pleasantries, I asked them when we would see another new wing rider in the US (after x-flight and wild eagle). The person who appeared to be the lead responded with "oh! soon!". Some of the conversation was lost in translation and the station loading was loud, so I can't say with absolute certainty they understood what I was saying, but I'll just put this out there.

^^^I was wondering along the same lines, that is if B&M will experiment with the wingrider trains. Personally, I think that the wingrider design would perfectly suit a beyond-vertical drop if they ever wanted to do something like that.

Even though I'm a California, I'll represent Europe here.

So, the UK probably won't get it as there already is Swarm and Alton is building a coaster in 2013.

In Europe, I can see Phantasialand or Parque de Attracciones de Madrid getting it.

About Cedar Point: I agree green means Raptor... so far. But didn't they add Maverick when they already had SEVERAL red tracked coasters on the other hand ? (TTD, Maggie, Iron Dragqueen...)

That's true...parks don't really care about color as much as we think.

I might be willing to call it as possible for a CF park but not too sure for an SF park as SFI isn't being big on expensive rides & want to keep costs down by reintroducing the ride rotation program.It could end up at KD as their last coaster was in 2010 & with SFA &BGW adding coasters this year it might be a good call for 2013,especially if they'd want to get their hands on it before BGW puts an exclusive contract on it like they did with the dive machines.

Part of that is the fanboy in me(of course) but it's always a possibility.I don't see it as going to CP as there are two or three factors working against it. 1:The new guy isn't fixated soley on CP like Kinzel was.2:If CP wanted this kind of coaster they would've bought a 4-D a long time ago,or a flyer for that matter.3:One big reason why CP hasn't gotten a new coaster since Maverick is the local economy,namely in Detroit which is one of their target marketing demographics in the region....building an expensive coaster doesn't help raise attendance when people in the region can't afford to visit as much as before.

Part of that is the fanboy in me(of course) but it's always a possibility.I don't see it as going to CP as there are two or three factors working against it. 1:The new guy isn't fixated soley on CP like Kinzel was.2:If CP wanted this kind of coaster they would've bought a 4-D a long time ago,or a flyer for that matter.3:One big reason why CP hasn't gotten a new coaster since Maverick is the local economy,namely in Detroit which is one of their target marketing demographics in the region....building an expensive coaster doesn't help raise attendance when people in the region can't afford to visit as much as before.

I wouldn't say Kinzel was focused solely on CP in the recent years. True, CP got something new every year, but I would say the last 5 years or so had Cedar Fair adding to the former Paramount Parks over all their other investments. Now, Six Flags on the other hand I would say is MUCH more intent on spoiling SFMM than CF is with CP.

I haven't read the full thread so I don't know if this was said already but here's what I think it is...

I don't think it's a dive coaster I think it's a wing coaster !!( this might sound crazy) but what if it's going to SFSL !!!! And it could be called green lanturn! Or if it's going to a cedar fair park maby it might go to KI or carowinds! They could use a new ride! What do you guys think?!?!

What do you guys think?!?!

I think it's best to limit yourself to one punctuation mark per sentence.

So far the discussion has leaned toward a Cedar Fair park getting this, perhaps Cedar Point's rumored 2013 addition. That, or an overseas park that needs extra time for transportation. But as far as statements backed up by facts go...