TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DTC's Mythical Island Night Shots! [RCT 3]

Welcome all and one to my thread. Tired of continually starting new threads every few weeks with ideas that went no where I've taken to building whatever is in my head at that time and documenting it in this thread. Now I will try and complete whole parks with these ideas despite how crazy and contrasting they are so even if the finished product isn't perfect or particulary nice I'll hopefully learn something from it and find some part of the designing in the game that I enjoy enough to go full bore on a park with instead of continual stop start threads.

EDIT: Park list of whats being done where and such. Hopefully it'll be pretty self explanatory:

DTC's Tropico Palm's Resort: (Released Download Tropico Island Resort)

DTC's Realm's Of Excitement: (WIP updates start pg 1)

DTC's Nuclear Blast: (WIP updates start pg 2)

DTC's Castaway Cove: (WIP updates start pg 2)

DTC's Mythical Island Theme Park! (WIP updates start pg 1 MAIN PROJECT)

Realm's Of Confusion: (Abandoned/intergrated into Realm's Of Confusion. Updates start and end pg 1)

Anyway this park has basically started with Steampunk meets Wild West ideas currently being converted into a mine train. Also like everything I do it'll be NCS so hopefully at the end everyone can either enjoy it or try to avoid reviewing their lunch via their computer screen. Not sure how everyone will receive it but I'm enjoying it and growing fond of it. Anyway here's some pictures of what i have so far for you all.

Basically this is the rollercoaster as it has progressed so far. Admittedly not very far but I'm having far more fun with this than many of my other parks so thought I'd start the thread and if all fails it'll become a dump for random screens I like while I play the game.

So anyway theres what I have so far. Comment aappreciatedapporeciated but equally so if you wish to just pop in and remind yourself just how sane you are please feel free.

Anyway must dash more ideas to put build upon.

Cheers

89James89

EDIT: Oppps fixed pics

Edited by 89James89

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replies:

paradisecoaster: Yup I would agree completely about the mess it does look rather jumbled (mostly I would imagine due to me building whatever comes to mind) but I'm glad you are liking it as well.

Right update time. Not got a lot to show you I'm afraid as my rather easily distracted mind had me working on another part of the park (as you'll see from the map overview at the end of the update). Now rather than show you that one just yet I've got some more of the Steampunk/Western area to show you. Now the coaster is coming along nicely but I wanted to try and sort a first draft layout out but as usual I got distracted as soon as I placed the first filler ride. This has now turned into Turbine. A large S&S Skyswat ride which will give this area some intensity ride wise and provide a large backdrop.

Now its not finished yet (as we should probably assume nothing is in the park till I release it) but I wanted to show you what I'd done on it so far. Just one thing to note is that the area does look rather messy from the photo's (it looks better in game) but this is mainly due to the monorail (which will circle the park in the end) running through the foreground. Still I think it looks quite nice and imtimidating.

Here's the view just before your about to get in the queue. The foliage was purposefully kept low to provide unobstructed views to your impending doom.

Now from one of the squares in the area with the ride exit in front of you. Pretty big ride and it dominates the area well, themed around a steambot production facility.

FInally picture wise is this data view of the park to show you what I've done so far. The steampunk area in the bottom left.

Right hope you enjoyed the progress I'm making with all this and I'm still enjoying it immensely which is a good thing. Building a theme park for me is a lot easier than building a amusement park and not having to worry to much about realism means that I can cut corners and switch areas when I'm bored working on one while still finishing off a whole park. A much encouraged playstlye if you like me find yourself running out of steam on parks quickly.

Anyway till next time.

Cheers

89James89

Replies:

Coupon: Cheers and I'm glad you like Turbines towers I was worried they'd stick out a bit but there's not really much else I can come up with to do with them at the moment.

Right just a quick update for now showing some more of Steam Mountian Steam Road (SMSR) (really should probably get a new name for the rollercoaster). I would currently say the ride is at 75% completiion and will mark the first milestone for the park after which I plan on doing some work on another area before coming back to finish off more bits of Steam Mountian. Anyway you came here for pictures so here they are. Firstly the coaster path flyby on the town side of the ride. Theres a resturant to sit in and eat burgers and steaks while watching the coaster zoom by behind where the photograph was taken. Should provide some fun photo ops when the park is finished. I tried dileberatly to keep the foliage down in this area so you can view the coaster.

Next a overview of the current state of SMSR. Not much to go till its complete.

Finally a architecture shot non realted to SMSR but in Steam Mountain.

Well that's all for the moment. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

89James89

• 2 weeks later...

Random update is random.

Now having decided that having a absolute square park wasn't very nice looking so decided to make the park smaller and more like Thorpe Park in theming style than Disney (such as the big ride and area around it is themed to something rather than an entire quarter of the park). Anyway this means work has commenced on a earlier save file of the Minetrain above so unfortunately Turbine is gone form this particular bench at the moment but will probably be back.

Anyway what I do have is these two shots of new coasters for the park. The first one is Chimera our custom Vekoma SLC (I want to use cheaper rides to make the park seem more like its not owned by a huge chain but rather is a smaller theme park). Themed to a ancient monster once held in check by a wizard who had summoned the beast to keep away intruders. With the wizard long gone will you brave the ruins to face this fearsome monster?

The second is concept art for the layout of the parks two mirrored wild mouse coaster's. These will run with a Eqyptian theme under the name of Mirage.

So will come back when I've sorted out the layout of the park and got a bit more theming done.

NOTE: Don't worry Fred's Funfair is still very much alive and kicking this is just a random project so I don't overwhelm you with updates to the fair.

Cheers

89James89

Replies:

paradisecoaster: Thanks I'm glad the layout looks good and I was a bit wary of it being so wide to but it looks much better themed (as you'll hopefully agree with when you see it in a minute).

I'm glad you like what I'm producing scenery wise its fun using different sets to see what you can come up with.

Update on Realms Of Excitment UK.

Been working on the theme around the two Wild Mouse coasters and althoguh oringinally planned to be Eqyptian our Theme Team got a bit carried away and we've apparently ended up with a Ruined jungle style theme. Still when they presented me with this concept art I let there enthusiasm off as it looks quite nice and although the same layout (just mirrored) the different theme elements mean different rides on each side. So anyway heres the concept art the team left on my desk for Digsite.

Other than this a new monster has emerged alongisde the Chimera, Hydra and apparently its eggs are extremly valuable. WIll you brave its wrath for the riches risk could bring

Thats all for now though I'm sure well be back soon with soem more images from the building of Realms Of Excitment UK.

Cheers

89James89

Just some more news from ROE:UK (Realms of Excitement UK). We've pushed on a hell of a lot since last update with various projects throguhout the park. Still we only have one ride so far that's actually anywhere near completeion and thats Hydra. As for the rest of the park a lot of it is still a mess but I've tried to get seem decent photos for you all.

Firstly a slightly messy look at Hydra with Steam Mountian behind it. The foliage shows the sort of gloomy fasntasy monster theme were going for and you can see the station building, exit and photobooth for Hydra as well as Steam Mountians lift behind it. Not sure if this will stay the same view wise when the park nears completion as Id rather Steam Mountain was hidden more to be honest.

This shows progress on Digsite looking at the entrance to both rides. Unfinished but still looking quite nice from the path and you can get some good views of both coasters (Ruins on the right. Temple on the left).

This is the crossroads in the centre of the park so far. In the picture you can see Steam Mountian, Digsite and Hydra showing just how compact the park is.

Finally a skyline photo of work so far. You can make out a few things but we haven't really gone massive with any rides yet so the skyline isn't real broken.

Hope you enjoy what I've shown you so far and we can only hope that it gets a lot better as it nears completeion.

Cheers

89James89

(NOTE: If you click the pictures and go to my photobucket account you can find some isometric overviews that I didn't want to post but have still uploaded for you if you want to see them)

Replies:

bdawg6: Cheers and hopefully I'll have more of Digsite for you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More completely random crap that I've got distracted and built. Let me welcome you all to DTC's (the umbrella company I'm doing all these realistic/semi-realistic/fantasy projects under. Stand for Dynamic Theme Company. Might actually change my name to it though not actually sure wether you can change your name or not. Christ that was a hell of a long bracket. Pretty much a paragraph).

]Tropico Palm's Resorts

Built on a pretty random Island in the middle of nowhere (its tropical though) this was a experimental small project that I wanted to try and and see if I could pull off and make look good. Now I'm not going to tell you what the actual concept behind it is but feel free to guess. Anyway basically it's a large Island Resort complete with rides and slides. Originally planned to be three hotels the park is now going to be one big one.

It only includes 1 rollercoaster (Waverider) but has a few waterslides and will have a entertainment district (hopefully).

Anyway enough talking for the minute here's some random pictures of what I've got so far. Please note its all WIP so colours and bits will change at some point; maybe.

Yay for a unnamed slide complex and the 3 star part of the hotel. Can't believe were paying for the lifeguards. The Resort isn't even complete yet.

Another shot of the same hotel area.

Moody rain shot (or I should have waited till the rain stopped) of Waverider our launched hyper style kinda, more like Maverick really without the second launch kinda Hotel hugging coaster.

Finally a overview that's so zoomed out you can hardly see anything but gives you a idea of scale, shape, style and size of the Resort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway in other news I've worked a bit on Realms of Excitement (now also owned by the DTC company) but not enough to have a update and I'm updating the firs post of this thread with a contents type thing so you can see which parks are bing worked on, which are on gold/abandoned and when I get round to it that are complete along with download links. Yay for organisation.

Cheers

89James89

More random stuff for you all.

Firstly some more of Tropico Palms. Construction is going along at a nice pace with the main body ofthe hotel (and coaster station) all finished up just the entertainment wing to go then some other random buidlings and rides and we'll be good to open up.

Anyway you came for some photos so here they are.

This shows how we are with the rear of the main body and waterpark wings of the hotel. These are the nicer rooms as thier less noisy compared to the ones facing the waterpark.

Just a shot of the waterpark with Waverider in the background.

Random overview that doesn't show much but gives you a idea of where stuff is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DTC's Nuclear Blast

Also decided to show this. It's the park I was messing around with before I started on the Resort. A small park that will be themed around a random Nuclear Power Plant built into a cliff side (yup, told you it was random). Doesn't make much sense and doesn't look like a powerplant yet but hey it was bascially a pick and mix park to start with so it's all good.

Don't worry though I know there's a lot shown in this thread but I will concetrate mainly on one park and at the moment that is the Resort so that will be finished up before any of the others.

Cheers

89James89

Replies:

molemaster: Thanks and that was the image I was going for I just set myself a very big limit on how to do it lol (you'll find it out when the parks done)

Random Update:

Well just to show you that i havent abandoned another project and topic here is a small update on things over at our island paradise. Not an amazing amount of progress but I've been busy and at least it's something. Would say the project is about 70% done or so.

Firstly a couple of shots of the whole swimming pool/waterpark area. It's probably the main ride area of the park really as we only plan on having Waverider and a few flats elsewhere.

Now for a photo of the area being currently worked on. This is the third and final wing of the huge hotel on the island.

Finally a night time overview of the project so far.

Hope you all enjoy.

Cheers

89James89

• 2 months later...

Replies:

molemaster43: Thanks and if you were looking forward to the resort here it is.

Resort Download Update:

Hey guys. Been a long time (for several reasons but mainly I was moving and trying to get the interent sorted out) but I have another update for you all. This ones a bit of a speacial one as it contians my first proper fully finished release.

As such I'd like to announce that DTC's Tropcio Island Resort is finished and can be downloaded from here Tropico Island Resort. There was a read me and write up with it that expalins a lot about the park but I coudln't upload the whole folder to the CSDepot so I can e-mail it to anyone who wants it until I can find a place to upload it.

In other news I've made some small progress with Nuclear Blast and got another project on the go this one pirate themed so heres a pic of Nuclear Blast and a teaser of the new park.

Work continues on Nuclear Blast!.

Arrr me earties lets have us some fun!

Sorry it's not much but I had a burst playing and wanted to update this here thread.

Hope you all enjoy the download (when its avaliable).

Cheers

89James89

• 2 weeks later...

Replies:

Weeman: Thanks I'm really glad my work has made you enjoy the game.

DTC's Mythical Island Theme Park

Well we have some big news for you all today. Following the success of our Resort we've decided to actually go ahead and make ourselves properly known in the Theme Park industry rather than just showing you all concepts (which the other projects apart from the resort have been). This is in the form of purchaing another one of the islands in the same island group as our Resort (just off the coast of California (fictional place). This island was previously owned by another rival amusement company who afer building a small Atlantean themed park left it to suceed or die without any further input on thier behalf. Unfourtunately for that company the latter happened and the park wen't downhill due to no really big attractions and no new rides being introduced.

This is where we've decided to step in. With Tropico Island Resort a five minute boat ride away were sure that we can intergrate the two seemlessly and with the income from the resort manage to support a large expansion to the failing park. The photo's below show the old areas of the park as well as the new developments were making so without further ado I bring you DTC Mythical Island Theme Park.

Firstly here's some photo's of the rather picturesque original Atlantis themed park.

Now for some random photo's of the developments we've made so far. The idea fro stage one of the expansion is to add on two new theme zones with several new coasters. This will give the park a caoster count of a respectable but noit huge four ranging from family up to high thrills. Hopefully this will be enough to mae the park a lot more succesful than it has been. As to the coasters, one is a Intamin ZacSpin and the other is a in house designed and built stand up design incoporating both inversions and out-and-back elements. Now as to the themes lets see if you can guess these yourselves.

This shows the lift hill of the stand up. It'll be the largest coaster in the park when done by far.

This shows a purposely rather vague look a the ZacSpin and the parks only water rides as well as several other flats as well as the end of the standup. Please note the stand up is in a different theme area to the water ride and ZacSpin.

Fianlly here's a overview of the park and work so far. You can see how heavily themed we hope it all to be in the end as we hope to bring it up to the standard of the Atlantis area at least.

Right that's all for now. We hope to bring you more as we progress with the park. Till then though have fun and enjoy your stays at the resort.

(OOC: Bascailly Ive taken an old park that I got half way through (I was meant to add a large Amazon themed area onto it after finishing the Atlantis bit) and decided to finish it up with diffrent themes to what was originally intended as well as giving it the DTC name to provide some sort of back story to it. Hope you all enjoy it. Comments and Critiscms are all appreciated).

Replies:

SoCalCoasters: Thanks I'm glad your finding it refreshing and are liking the set combinations. It's fun finding out ways that diffrent sets combine.

Mythical Island Update:

Hey guys and girls were back again with another update from our Isalnd project for you all. Here at the Island were all working hard to try and get the project done and opened and work has been coming along nicely. Were still not going to officaily announce the new themes in the two new areas (though from the pictures it shouldn't be too hard to guess). Anyway heres soem of the pictures I've taken of the progress.

First heres a look at the point where all three theme's meet.

This shows the parks one and only water ride. As you can see its heavily themed much like the rest of the islands attraction.

A kind of overview of the area that the waterride is in taken from the top of the new coasters lifthill.

And a shot of the said coasters station and a random flat in the other new section. This ones theme shouldn't really be that hard to guess what it is.

Finally a rather vague overview of progress at the moment. As you can see we've nealry finished one of the new areas so hopefully progress won't be too slow from now till we finish stage one.

Well there you go. Hope you enjoy the progress that were making here at DTC.

(OOC: By the way I've only just realised that I haven't actually changed the background to the island theme so please ignore that mistake )

Mythical Isalnd Update

Well I'm back straight from Mythical Island where we here at DTC have been strving to get this park up and running for you all. We can also now reveal what the themes for the new areas.

These are Ancient Babylon and Egypt. Each area will have a coaster bringing the count for the theme park up to four. Not a huge amount but then again the island isn't massive. These are Ra's Revenge the hybrid out and back/twister and Surge, the Intamin Zac Spin. The areas will also contain a number of other rides most noticeably the Hanging Gardens Rapids, our only water ride and several shops and eateries. All this will hopefully combine to bring a much better experience for our guests than the older much smaller unsuccesful park.

Anyway here are some more pcitutes of our progress for you all to enjoy.

Firstly a look at Surge our wave shaped Zac Spin. A rather unique but space efficient and exciting ride.

The lift of Ra's Revenge. Here you can also see the small market square just inside Ancient Egypt.

Ra's Revenge making one of its swooping turns while Tutan's Turmoil starts it's first test run.

Looking back down the lift hill of Ra's Revenge you can see its queue and transfer area as well as The Hanging Gardens behind it.

A shot from the top of The Hanging Gardens where you can just about see all of the three theme's at once.

Well tha's all for now. As you can see Babylon is nealry finished and then we can heavily push on with Eqypt. I hope to have some big progress to show you soon but unitl then enjoy these photo's.

Replies:

molemaster43: Thanks, I'm really glad you like the Zac Spin and I hope you like Ra's Revenge as much when its done.

grrt: Cheers and I'm glad that I'm improving as I build and the detail is there. Lets hope it continues.

Night Time Update:

Hey guys and welcome to our first night time update. As we were finally putting the finishing touches to the Baylon area I realised that PR has yet to show you any night photos of the park so I took the liberty for you all to get some. So just a small update to say that we've finally finished Babylon (fully this time) meaning were over 85% finsihed. Anyway here's the photos I took.

Firstly heres a night time panoramic of the Babylon area. All nice and glowy.

Here's Surge after being given the final go ahead to be able to open up with the park curtesy of Mr Harris our Head Inspector (the guy in the brown suit).

Mr Harris with Ra's Revenge running further tests in the bacground. Apparently according to Harris here it's safe to test it with major construction still going on around it and without us fully sure about wether the supports are finsihed yet. Hmmmm I'm sure Surge is safe.

Finally a up to date overview to show you how the park is growing and to show hom much is left to do.

So I hope you enjoy the small update and the night shots. The next update may well not be until the parkis finsihed depeneding on how much time I have available.

Till then.

(OOC: Yer I realised looking throguh the thread that I'd not posted any night time shots so decided to show you guys some. Hope they arn't too bad. Hopefully it shoudln't take me too long to finish the Egyptian section and realease the park for you all to hopefully enjoy.)