TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's SFGAm X-Flight Construction Tour!

With the wings on the inline, there could easily be a collision, especially for the people on the right side of the lower track. Good thing they are in the same block section.... but what if that fails... then we get those dismembered test dummies from Swarm... only possibly with real people...

On another note, what is with wingriders and dive-loop drops. As for "bowing outward" X-Flight's drop, maybe they wanted more g-forces or hangtime?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the wings on the inline, there could easily be a collision, especially for the people on the right side of the lower track. Good thing they are in the same block section.... but what if that fails... then we get those dismembered test dummies from Swarm... only possibly with real people...

On another note, what is with wingriders and dive-loop drops. As for "bowing outward" X-Flight's drop, maybe they wanted more g-forces or hangtime?

This angle is better. It's already done it's flip, so clearance is not an issue.

thumb_img_0397_6.jpg

This angle is better. It's already done it's flip, so clearance is not an issue.

thumb_img_0397_6.jpg

But those wide cars... the car is still at a 45 degree angle. The good news is that these sections are right after each other, even in a worse - than- worst- case failure, two trains at the same time should not be at that track section.

Having seen the ride, I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't enough clearance (these engineers aren't amateurs - they know how wide the trains are). Besides, one train isn't even going to get off the lift until the preceding one is safely on the final brakes. I think you're looking for non-existent problems here.

Cameron.

Thank you so much for the wonderful X-Flight photos. The ride boldly changes County Fair and I like the many different angles we'll get to see and photograph this summer. These photos have raised my excitement and anticipation for this ride much, much higher than before.

Thanks very much for the pictures -- I can't wait for this ride.

I was just going to go buy an Xtreme pass so I could attend the event on the 12th... has anyone else been able to buy one? Looks like the SF.com cart isn't working right for season passes at the moment.

-Matt

(from Lakeview)

Great pictures you guys, this coaster is really shaping up! I can't wait to see the keyhole element added to the inline twist I am planning a trip back to SFGAm to ride this at some point during the season, can't wait!

Would be very exciting if there were any plans for a possible bash at SFGAm this season!

Cam and I were given our invites on Sunday. So TPR will be there.

Awesome!

My dad told me that the lady who invited us (I always forget her name) said that news stations will want to put kids on air about the show. Look for a blonde hair blue eyes kid named Tom on the news if youre in the chicago area.