TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I learned a new trick!

DenDen

Tonight, I hung out at the coffee shop, and got my first mosquito bite when the sun started setting. I exclaim to my friends "Damn, here come the bugs, I gotta sit inside for an hour until they go away, I don't have my spray with me." (Mosquitoes love me, and they're a huge problem here in Florida!) One of my friends says "Wait, I got just the thing." He goes into the car, and gives me a Bounce dryer sheet and tells me to rub it on my skin. Skeeterz only bit me on my ankles and arms, so i rubbed the sheet on my skin, and low and behold, not one more bite the entire evening! It was amazing!

Bounce dryer sheets are the best mosquito repellent EVER!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I hope it works with green head flies too. I spent most of my summer at the Jersey Shore and I got bitten by them almost every day I was outside for a long period of time. It got to the point where you couldn't even sit out on the beach because you were getting bitten so much.

Very cool!

I'm one of those people that attracts all kinds of insects! We did a ATV tour of the jungle in Belize and out of the 3 of us, I was the only one who was bit, and I was bit by 3 different types of insects!!!!

(this was with Deep Woods Off sprayed all over my body as well!)

I look forward to trying this trick! Thanks!

(this was with Deep Woods Off sprayed all over my body as well!)

Hint: If you must use deepwoods (after tonight, I won't be...) use the green spray pump, NOT the aerosol can or orange pump! The can only has 14% deet, where the green pump has 25%, and the recommended is 24%!

I read in a newspaper that if you leave town for a couple of days, and you own a cat, that you should put a bounce dryer sheet under the cats food bowl.

Apparently, Ants won't walk over the dryer sheet to get to the food. (I've haven't tried this myself, but that's what the article stated)