TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

Sorry if this was asked before but I want to make double sure on this - do we have to stay the entire duration of the riding portion? Can we take off after a point and do our own thing, or is it required we're there the whole time? 8am-5pm for CP folks. I wanted to make sure because I'm thinking of getting Fastlane wristbands and wanted to use them effectively.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this was asked before but I want to make double sure on this - do we have to stay the entire duration of the riding portion? Can we take off after a point and do our own thing, or is it required we're there the whole time? 8am-5pm for CP folks. I wanted to make sure because I'm thinking of getting Fastlane wristbands and wanted to use them effectively.

This was discussed a few pages back. While there isn't anything stating that you are forced to stay at the ride, I personally think it would be kind of rude and not good team spirit if you left and did your own thing when you signed up for an event where you ride with your teammates.

This was discussed a few pages back. While there isn't anything stating that you are forced to stay at the ride, I personally think it would be kind of rude and not good team spirit if you left and did your own thing when you signed up for an event where you ride with your teammates.

Oh, I totally understand. It wouldn't be a class act to ditch out early and not ride with friends and team mates - I understand and I just wanted to make sure of it. I just didn't want to seem uninformed - thanks for the opinion, Robb.

I'm pretty much set and ready to head down to Sandusky, Ohio. I cannot wait to see all my TPR teammates tomorrow morning! Let's put on a class act and do Theme Park Review proud! I even got a haircut in case we're interviewed by local media in Sandusky and surrounding townships.

I'll see y'all soon! Cannot wait for tomorrow.

I am excited for tomorrow. Although, I do have one potentially stupid question: how will registration be completed? I did not attend Knott's last year, so, what, exactly, is the process of registration? Also, according to the CFK website, only the first 24 people can participate at Knott's, but we have 26 riders. I would really be thankful if anyone could clarify any of this.

I am excited for tomorrow. Although, I do have one potentially stupid question: how will registration be completed? I did not attend Knott's last year, so, what, exactly, is the process of registration? Also, according to the CFK website, only the first 24 people can participate at Knott's, but we have 26 riders. I would really be thankful if anyone could clarify any of this.

Last year they did a roll call inside a building near the employee entrance. I would imagine they would do something similar this year.

Has anyone received any info about what to do when we arrive at the parks? Where do we go? Who do we meet? Do we have to pay for parking? I am coasting at Kings Dominion and I have not received any of this info.

Thanks,

Jason

I haven't heard anything from KD either and there's no registration info on the site, but it says the welcome is at 11AM so I figure I'm going to try to get there at opening and go to GR and ask them.

Can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow!

Gene, the communications marketing manager at KD, told me that there would be a registration desk at the main gate. Getting there early is always a good idea, too. I have no idea about parking, but be prepared to pay to be on the safe side.

Edited by cfc

In case anyone missed the e-mail from Kings Island:

Check-in will take place between 7:15am and 7:45 at the front gate.

Guests arriving later than 7:45am will not be able to check in until 10:00am at the Racer.

Enter the park through 1 Team Way located off Western Row and park in the VIP parking lot located across from Human Resources.

All participants will be given a Coasting for Kids t-shirt which must be worn for identification purposes throughout the event.

A group photo will be taken in front of the Racer entrance before the event begins at 8:00am.

Photos will be taken from different areas of the ride between 8:00am and 9:00am. Please attempt to keep one train full during this time period.

Lunch will be served between 12:00pm and 1:00pm in the International Restaurant. Prizes for the top three (3) fundraisers will be awarded along with the introduction of the Gilkinson family.

Ride time on the Blue Racer for the event will end at 5:00pm.

A Beast tour will be available for Coasting for Kids participants at 5:30pm. Please be in the ride entrance plaza area at that time if you are interested in taking the tour.

Coasting For Kids is going on RIGHT NOW at Cedar Fair parks all over the USA! We'll post photos as we get them! Be sure to keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for even more live updates!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

Twitter:

Here's some photos so far....

Team TPR is Coasting For Kids at Kings Island!

...and at Canada's Wonderland

...and at Cedar Point!

Jenn was the #1 Fund Raiser at Carowinds!

Team TPR's Daniel was 3rd place at Carowinds!

Team TPR's Nick & Jason on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland.

AvB98-XCAAAEidA.jpg

Jason was the #1 Fund Raiser at Canada's Wonderland!

Edited by robbalvey

More pics...

Team TPR is riding Stinger at Dorney Park!

Team TPR members in the back car of The Racer at Kings Island.

Team TPR at Dorney Park!

Team TPR still going at it on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland!

Team TPR still going strong on The Racer at Kings Island.

Team TPR is ready to roll at Knott's Berry Farm!

And more pics...

Team TPR ready to go on Steel Force at Dorney Park!

When Team TPR members aren't marathoning coasters...they are eating!

Team TPR hanging out with some celebs at Valleyfair!

More Team TPR members at Valleyfair!

Team TPR is ready to roll at Worlds of Fun!

More Team TPR fun on Steel Force at Dorney Park!

Check-in table at Cedar Point.

Team TPR is ready to roll at Kings Dominion!

551058_10150983079903566_1929301521_n.jpg.383dc791c12bc05bcbc9fcb437004025.jpg

Team TPR is ready to roll at Valleyfair!

A few more....

Team TPR checking in from Michigan's Adventure!

Team TPR is up to 41 rides on The Racer at Kings Island!

Kara riding Jaguar with Team TPR Hector at Knotts Berry Farm!

Team TPR preparing to ride at Michigan's Adventure!

Team TPR still going strong after 20 rides on Steel Force!

And Team TPR is off on Prowler!

Jason made Team TPR buttons for Kings Dominion! Awesome!

More photo updates! Remember we will be posting photos to our Facebook page and Twitter feed all day long as soon as Robb gets them!

http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

Team TPR on Gemini at Cedar Point!

Team TPR still at it on Steel Force!

Team TPR is three rides in at Michigan's Adventure.

Team TPR is 30 minutes into Prowler at Worlds Of Fun!

Cool Behemoth train logos for Coasting For Kids at Canada's Wonderland!

Team TPR after 11 rides on Renegade at Valleyfair!

Team TPR starts off with Hurler at Kings Dominion!

Team TPR still going strong on Jaguar at Knotts Berry Farm!

Oh, no! Team TPR is feeling the crunch!

Team TPR gets awesome stuff from Knotts and Give Kids The World!

Ten rides in and still going at Michigan's Adventure!

I think David may have had one too many Jaguar rides already!

Team TPR on Hurler at Kings Dominion.