TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my final CP donation in right at 12:00! Hope that takes!

Wow...Robb and TPR, you guys are amazing for helping him out like that. This is why you guys are so awesome!!! Great job everyone!!!

It wasn't just us, it was all of you! That was the proceeds from the TPR store items over the last 2 weeks. So a huge THANK YOU to everyone who bought stuff from the TPR Store...it all went to Give Kids The World!

Wow...Robb and TPR, you guys are amazing for helping him out like that. This is why you guys are so awesome!!! Great job everyone!!!

Robb, I am amazed at the things you guys do for others. This is a special place and I am proud to be a part of it.

Kudos and all that!

-daron

Everyone, congratulations! Thanks for all the support from everyone here and of course to the amazing results that all riders were able to reach!

I'll post pictures eventually but to cement my spot, I made a deal with an awesome VP and girl guide mom at work by agreeing to buy a few boxes of cookies to shrink her inventory at work in exchange for a donation.

So uhm..girl guide cookies anyone?

This is simply fantastic that we've collectively raised $36k+ I've never been part of a voluntary fundraiser like this before that has raised this kind of money! (Voluntary - Not forced upon ones employer to give to a cause that you don't believe in)

Fantastic job everyone!

Congratulations to EVERYONE! Every dollar mattered, and I personally don't think it'd be understated to call this one of TPR's proudest moments.

Seriously, a huge tip of the cap to everyone from Robb and Elissa all the way to the random lurker who may have only chipped in a dollar along the way. Competition may have fueled donations, but in the end it's the families that will get the week of their lives at GKTW that win the most. This was definitely one of the greatest things we've ever done as a group.

Scott "Proud to be a TPR member" B.

In all of the excitement, let's not forget that the fundraising is not over yet! There are still 2 more days until the event, and the donation pages will remain active until Seotember 10, 2012!!! Don't slow down now. Keep on soliciting those donations!

Everyone, congratulations! Thanks for all the support from everyone here and of course to the amazing results that all riders were able to reach!

I'll post pictures eventually but to cement my spot, I made a deal with an awesome VP and girl guide mom at work by agreeing to buy a few boxes of cookies to shrink her inventory at work in exchange for a donation.

So uhm..girl guide cookies anyone?

^MMM COOKIES!!!

Wow, just wow. I just logged in here at my parents house and was blown away. I didn't expect anything close to those donations. It really amazes me how much TPR has rallied around this fundraising effort.

I'll be raffling off the prize on Tuesday when I get back.

Thanks again everyone!

Hey All,

Where are the donations of over $1000 dollars to the leaders at Kings Island and Cedarpoint, that are tagged as, Theme Park Review, coming from? I don't mind that the money is getting donated. I was just hoping I might be closing in on the top. Then the leader surged ahead.

I don't know too many rich people. I am quite happy to ride and enjoy the event with the rest of you.

Just curious if I was missing out on a pot of money for some unknown doner named "Theme Park Review"

^maybe this!

It wasn't just us, it was all of you! That was the proceeds from the TPR store items over the last 2 weeks. So a huge THANK YOU to everyone who bought stuff from the TPR Store...it all went to Give Kids The World!

I almost never check in here and post even less, but curiosity got the best of me when I saw I was booted out of first place in the Cedar Point rankings today! As fun as it would've been to win another VIP tour (I did it last year and it was a blast), I just love that this little bit of competition pushed people to be so generous in helping GKTW. If it gets people to open their wallets a little more, then the purpose of the event has been served! And Robb, it's really cool that you've donated proceeds from the store too. I'm thoroughly impressed that all the parks together have raised over $100,000 this year -- incredible!

Wow, so was the only park that Team TPR didn't come in first place in was Michigan's Adventure? That's pretty awesome! Congrats everyone...

and remember...you can still donate to Team TPR! Help us out even more by donating to our riders!

--Robb

Hey All,

Where are the donations of over $1000 dollars to the leaders at Kings Island and Cedarpoint, that are tagged as, Theme Park Review, coming from? I don't mind that the money is getting donated. I was just hoping I might be closing in on the top. Then the leader surged ahead.

I don't know too many rich people. I am quite happy to ride and enjoy the event with the rest of you.

Just curious if I was missing out on a pot of money for some unknown doner named "Theme Park Review"

Dave, you were not missing out. I think the objective in the last hour was to try and get a TPR member into first place and the people who got the bigger donations were close to the top. They also are good friends Robb has known for years. Next year use the Team TPR logo and post in the thread a little more so people know who you are. I don't think people realized you were on Team TPR and if they had would have tried to get you into the top 3.

Thanks Bob, I never did come to this forum, I just picked Team TPR when I registered because I like you guys so much and I love the trips Rob and Elisa (mostly Elisa) organize. Next year I'll post early on the TPR forum. I am happy with my 3rd place rank. That means I'll get the gift backet. I don't really need ticket. Everyone I know has a pass.

I look forward to breaking my one day single coaster ride count record of 47, that I set on Millenium Force, this Sunday on the Racer at Kings Island.