TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

From the official Coasting For Kids website:

www.coastingforkids.org/faq.html

"Am I required to marathon ride the coaster throughout the entire event?

You do not have to stay on the coaster for the duration of the event. Breaks throughout the day are mandatory and you are more than welcome to come and go as you please. Bathroom breaks, or just breaks from riding in general, are allowed and encouraged."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Right, but that being said, I would really encourage everyone from Team TPR to "Stick together" as much as possible. I think it shows great team spirit if you guys are all together, riding, having fun. Not sure how it would look if everyone just started bailing and going to ride other things.

You guys are there to support each other and to ride for a great cause! Don't treat the event like a "Free ticket to the park" and just do whatever you want. I think you guys should try to stick to the ride that is being offered for the marathon. But that's just me.

--Robb

That's what I told her and I'm telling her lets go Saturday and we can ride everything we want but you know wifes and the whole listening to husbands thing.

That's what I will be doing. I'll be hanging out in the park with some friends all day Saturday, then devoting Sunday to the event.

I agree that you should focus on the actual marathon ride. Its completely okay if you can't stay on for the whole time, but if you go try to come back quickly because CFK is one of the coolest things you can do in a park, and over the past few years I have had some of my greatest coasting memories (other than the mini-marathon in Japan) at the event. For some reason everything becomes funny after 100 rides in a row.

Also if anyone is wondering about the details for the CGA event I called the park and they said that they should have them by the end of the week.

Good luck with the final fundraising everyone and see you at CGA if you are participating there.

Coasting For Kids is less than two weeks away and our Team TPR riders need your help!

Between now and June 10th, all proceeds from Digital Downloads in the TPR Store will go to Coasting For Kids! Purchase digital downloads here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=10

Order a TPR T-Shirt or Girly Tank Top and we'll donate $5 to Coasting For Kids for each shirt purchased! Buy a TPR T-Shirt here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=4

We also have some awesome Bags-O-Crap for sale! 100% of the amount of these bags o crap will be donated to Coasting For Kids:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=25

To directly donate to our Team TPR riders, visit this page and click on their donation page links:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62074

Seriously, we could really use your help! Even a donation of $5 really helps us out!

Buy one of the items above from the TPR Store or donate directly to our riders. Either way and we will thank you!

--Robb Alvey

Regarding the "riding all day" thing ... I got close to 200 rides on Jaguar last year at Knott's.

The good thing is, with most of these parks, they are open after the event is open so you can ride after. I know some people stayed behind last year and rode some stuff. I didn't stick around, but probably will this year.

I gotta get my kids to the minimum for the event, but once that's done I'll gladly help out any Team TPR member that needs to reach the $75 minimum.

Hey all,

Only 2.5 days left for the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $125.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details! Ends Friday, June 1 at Noon!

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

If this auction isn't of interest and you would still like to support a great cause through Coasting for Kids, any support would be greatly appreciated! Just click on my "Coasting for Kids" banner below to donate or learn more!

Coasting For Kids is less than two weeks away and our Team TPR riders need your help!

Between now and June 10th, all proceeds from Digital Downloads in the TPR Store will go to Coasting For Kids! Purchase digital downloads here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=10

Order a TPR T-Shirt or Girly Tank Top and we'll donate $5 to Coasting For Kids for each shirt purchased! Buy a TPR T-Shirt here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=4

We also have some awesome Bags-O-Crap for sale! 100% of the amount of these bags o crap will be donated to Coasting For Kids:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=25

To directly donate to our Team TPR riders, visit this page and click on their donation page links:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62074

Seriously, we could really use your help! Even a donation of $5 really helps us out!

Buy one of the items above from the TPR Store or donate directly to our riders. Either way and we will thank you!

--Robb Alvey

small_logo_2.jpg.54b97d283f27cc1c0ee3785dedd0aef4.jpg

This just in from CAGA:

Roller Coaster: Flight Deck

Event Start: 10am

Event End: 5pm

Meal Time and Location: 3pm-4:30pm – Picnic Pavilion

Awards Ceremony time and location: 3:30pm – Picnic Pavilion

Park hours: 10am-8pm

You guys rock !

Hey all,

Only 1.5 days left for the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $125.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details! Ends Friday, June 1 at Noon!

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

If this auction isn't of interest and you would still like to support a great cause through Coasting for Kids, any support would be greatly appreciated! Just click on my "Coasting for Kids" banner below to donate or learn more!

Thank Odin's beard it is Flight Deck. I would have needed a medic had they picked the Demon.

I was saying the same thing just yesterday. I love Flight Deck and can't wait to ride it with a bunch of people who are all just as passionate for this as I am. See you all soon!

I would have been surprised had they chose another ride besides Flight Deck. I would think they would know us coaster enthusiasts wouldnt be too happy on Demon or Grizzly all freaking day. I'm curious about how exactly all this will work. Do we literally keep riding without getting off? Must be closed to the GP if that's the case.

Do we get like paperwork or anything that says we've registered? Do we just print out our FirstGiving page? Anyone know any of that type of information?

ETA: Also last push, I've got some HP and Kennywood park maps if anyone makes a donation. I'll mail you a map

I would have been surprised had they chose another ride besides Flight Deck. I would think they would know us coaster enthusiasts wouldnt be too happy on Demon or Grizzly all freaking day. I'm curious about how exactly all this will work. Do we literally keep riding without getting off? Must be closed to the GP if that's the case.

The only other option I had imagined was what was being done at some of the other parks where it was a set amount of time on several rides. That being said, I'm very glad it's on Flight Deck AND very glad for the 10:00 start time as opposed to earlier since I'll be making a 3 hour drive in that morning.

Do we get like paperwork or anything that says we've registered? Do we just print out our FirstGiving page? Anyone know any of that type of information?

Keeping in mind that I have NO information about it, but unless I heard otherwise I had planned on just showing up...assuming they'll have a master list of participants and just check ID's to confirm if necessary.

Hey all,

Only 0.5 days left for the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $130.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details! Ends Friday, June 1 at Noon Eastern Time!

We should, as a team, try and make sure that a Team TPR member is first in every park. Right now myself and Jason ( rollin_n_coastin ) are in 3rd and 4th and inching our way up.

I am going to peak around to other teams and see if I can throw some $ down to those who are close to first place.

Way to go Team TPR, we are doing great!!!