TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

Hey all, don't forget about the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $125.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details!

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ if the event was on a Saturday I'd be worried about the crowds, but it's a Sunday, and up here school won't be out yet, so I expect crowds but nothing like what I'd expect the following weekend. It'll all be good, crowds or not we get to ride a coaster for charity.

Good point! Thank you!! I know the year Chris and I went on a Sunday it was pretty crowded, especially the water park. But that was in July.

Getting so excited to take part in my first event like this ever!! I have a feeling this will be a annual thing for me now.

Woohoo Team TPR for hitting $18,000!! I'm really thinking the $20k mark is reachable, which for our group is just amazing! Just about 3 weeks to go before we are all coasting for kids!!

And Larry, I couldn't agree more with the unbelievable job Jason is doing at Kings Dominion.....way to go Jason! To have raised almost $3,000 is simply incredible! Not to mention 3 individual donations of at least $700. Wow!

Thanks for the kudos guys!

I really lucked out by having a boss that supports Give Kids The World. He makes a donation every year, so he just made his donation through Coasting For Kids this year.

To Jason Tibbetts: I just got you to your goal! Have fun!

To everyone else: I challenge all of you to find a participant who is close to the minimum fundraising amount ($75.00) and donate enough to push them over the the minimum!

There are a couple at Great America:

www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182001

Several at Dorney Park:

www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182003

Several more at Knott's Berry Farm:

www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182005

A few at Valleyfair:

www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182006

And, several at Worlds Of Fun:

www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182007

I am going to try to raise some more money to help out some of those participants still below the minimum, but once again, I challenge all of you to do the same!

Good luck all!

-Jason

Eh, don't worry too much about the details! You'll get in, ride, have some fun, and do it all for a great cause!

The thing to focus on right now is raising more money! Hit up coworkers, friends, family, girl scouts (what? they get our money for cookies!!!), etc.

I haven't given yet. I'm waiting to see who is really trying to raise money and not just signing up and waiting for the money to roll in. Probably next week I will go over the list and see who has been trying and may need a little help. If you think you are one of those, pm me and I will see what I can do.

Eh, don't worry too much about the details! You'll get in, ride, have some fun, and do it all for a great cause!

The thing to focus on right now is raising more money! Hit up coworkers, friends, family, girl scouts (what? they get our money for cookies!!!), etc.

Gee thanks...now I want Girl Scout cookies.

I'm obviously not super worried about the details, it's just more of a curiosity and anticipation thing for me. Going to keep trying to raise money even if they stick me on Grizzly for 6 hours.

CONTEST TIME!

I want to help a couple of Coasting For Kids participants who are STILL planning to ride, but who have NOT raised the minimum $75 minimum requirement to ride. Once again, this contest is only open to people who are planning to be at the parks on June 10th, but who have not yet raised $75.

Here's how you can enter to win a donation from me that will take you up to your $75 minimum...

Back in April, I went to Canada's Wonderland to take part in the Leviathan charity ride auction. While I was at Canada's Wonderland, I rode my 300th steel roller coaster. All you have to to be entered for a chance to win is to correctly guess which coaster at Canada's Wonderland was my 300th steel coaster! Easy, huh?

Hints: My 300th steel coaster was NOT Leviathan, and I did not ride Taxi Jam while I was there.

Rules: Only one guess per person. If you guess more than once, only your first guess will count. I will select two winners at random from all correct guesses. You have until Monday morning, May 21st, 2012 at 10:00am EST to submit a guess. If there are no correct guesses, or not enough correct guesses, I will select the remaining winner(s) from all guesses submitted. Depending on how much the winners need to get them to the $75 mark, I may pick more than two winners!

Now that I have typed the word 'guess' so much, it has started to look weird and incorrect, so please feel free to speculate instead of guessing!

Reply to this topic with your speculations, or PM me. Either way is fine!

Have fun!

-Jason

Buy TPR Videos...and help Coasting For Kids!

Starting today, May 17th, through Monday, May 21st, all proceeds from Digital Downloads sold on the TPR Store will go to Coasting For Kids! Pick up TPR's Roller Coasters in the RAW series or Coaster Expedition, and that money will go to help Team TPR and Give Kids The World!

Purchase Digital Downloads here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=10

We have also put together some VERY SPECIAL ITEMS to help with donations! Ever wanted a roller coaster wheel? Or some really rare park maps? Or some random Disney stuff? Check out these items, and the entire purchase price will go to Team TPR's Coasting For Kids riders!

The Ultimate TPR Bag-O-Crap: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=175

Vekoma Roller Coaster Wheel: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=177 SOLD OUT!

Disney Nerd Bag-O-Crap: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=176

For more information about Team TPR and Coasting For Kids, and to donate to our riders on your own (please do! Every single dollar helps!) please visit this page: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62074

Thank you for your support!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

When is Kings Dominion going to list their event details??? The event is only a little over three weeks away now.

I was listening to In The Loop, and they stated that all of the major coasters were part of the marathon. The coasting for Kids riders hung out in the stations and filled the empty seats on each train.

I was listening to In The Loop, and they stated that all of the major coasters were part of the marathon. The coasting for Kids riders hung out in the stations and filled the empty seats on each train.

Awesome! Thanks for the news. That is what I was hoping that they would do!