TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kara (or anyone else who might know) -

We would like to sign up for Carowinds (myself, husband, 9 year old and 11 year old,) but our problem is that we would have to have our 4 year old with us, as well, who won't be able to participate. Would Todd and I be able to take turns riding, while the other person hangs out around the park with the 4 year old? I realize we'd have to buy her a ticket, but that also brings up the concern that the event starts before the park opens...

Anyone know where we can get an answer on this?

-Maureen

I want to participate in the Cedar Point one. However, my parents are being tough about me driving. As an alternative option, I may decide to car pool if the opportunity presents itself. Is there anyone in the Pittsburgh area that would be willing to give me a lift, tentatively of course? I live about 15 minutes from the city and the airport, respectively, I would be more than willing to meet wherever is most convenient. If anyone is interested, you can PM me, I would be so appreciative. I wanna do this, but if they won't let me drive, I want to exploit any other reasonable option as well.

-Taylor

Just a reminder I am matching $.50 for every $1 donated on my page until 8pm Pacific tonight up to $200 ($100 match). So far only $12 has been donated. Please help me to raise more money! Thanks!

In the end I raised $48 today, so I matched with a $24 donation!!! Thank you to all who donated!!!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/christianbenvenuto/CedarPoint

Just asking for alittle help here reaching my goal. I mistakenly didn't realize I didn't put myself under the Team TPR flag and I need donations. So if you see Team Christian Benvenuto - that's me but ultimately with Team TPR. I'm trying to get this problem fixed, but just letting people know. Thanks!

After arriving at the airport, the families make their way to the Village to check-in. It's GKTW tradition to drive the children to their villa on a golf cart while one of the parents follows in the rental vehicle. This VIP treatment sets the tone that at Give Kids The World, it truly is all about the kids!

Something you'll probably hear me say a lot on this virtual tour of sorts is "fully accessible." I tend to point it out over and over again when showcasing our venues because it is truly one of the most important features of our Village. It gives a sense of freedom not only to our wheelchair-bound visitors, but also to their parents who at home are constantly thinking "ok, how are we going to navigate this?" So let me ask you...when is the last time you've seen a fully accessible golf cart?

The Star Express has allowed many of our special guests to experience riding in a golf cart for the very first time.

StarExpress.jpg.cb9f0bb9b94e3b2eb8b39f6f5dc0bd1f.jpg

I've never seen a golf cart like that. I wish there were more around like it!

As someone who works with handicapped children, I understand the great need for things like that cart, along with much more. It just does so much for the children, and usually for the parents too.

^that golf cart is brilliant! Thanks for giving us this virtual tour Kara.

Thanks for reading and fundraising !

I've never seen a golf cart like that. I wish there were more around like it! As someone who works with handicapped children, I understand the great need for things like that cart, along with much more. It just does so much for the children, and usually for the parents too.

It's wonderful that you work in that area and understand the need. It is truly amazing to see how things like this change the entire atitutde of the child, isn't it? I've also heard from countless siblings how cool it was to finally be able to experience things right alongside their brother/sister. The golf cart is only the beginning...stay tuned.

After arriving at the airport, the families make their way to the Village to check-in. It's GKTW tradition to drive the children to their villa on a golf cart while one of the parents follows in the rental vehicle. This VIP treatment sets the tone that at Give Kids The World, it truly is all about the kids!

Something you'll probably hear me say a lot on this virtual tour of sorts is "fully accessible." I tend to point it out over and over again when showcasing our venues because it is truly one of the most important features of our Village. It gives a sense of freedom not only to our wheelchair-bound visitors, but also to their parents who at home are constantly thinking "ok, how are we going to navigate this?" So let me ask you...when is the last time you've seen a fully accessible golf cart?

The Star Express has allowed many of our special guests to experience riding in a golf cart for the very first time.

Kara, this place sounds AMAZING!!! I could tear up just reading about it. Thank you so much for all of your details about the company. I really would LOVE to work at a place like this. I love kids and just something about seeing them happy blows my world away.

Kara,

I hope you don't mind but I'm creating an album on my fb page named "Give Kids The World - Coasting for Kids" and I'm going to copy your trip report over to it each time and tag my wife in it. This is a really cool idea and thanking you for showing us all about GKTW.

Have fun at Leviathan Bash and checking out Toronto while helping kids and their families do the same thanks to Give Kids the World Village!

UP FOR AUCTION, in support of Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

!!Auction starts now until noon on Monday, April 9, 2012!!

Prize Details:

-Check in is on July 28, 2012 and Check Out is on July 30, 2012.

-The room is non-smoking.

-Centrally located between Canada’s Wonderland (approx. 25 min) and downtown Toronto!

-Minutes (walking) from Yonge St. and the subway line.

-Trip planning tips and help

What you need to do:

-Dont be shy, post your bids in the auction thread by clicking here!

-If you’ve sponsored me already, that amount will be included in your total.

-Auction ends at noon on Monday, April 9, 2012

-If you're confirmed the winner, just click on my banner below to donate your winning bid to Coasting for Kids.

-Your keys will be waiting for you at the hotel for pickup!

-That’s it! Just come on up and enjoy the city and Leviathan Bash while knowing that you supported a great cause!

-Questions? Let me know!

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Kara, I can't express enough how awesome these updates are! It is great to get an "inside look" at the charity we are working very hard to support. I truly love this organization, and the whole team, including dedicated hard workers such as yourself, deserves an incredible amount of praise! Kudos to all that you do for these more than deserving kids and their families.

Seeing your updates just makes me want to work even harder to try and raise as much money as I possibly can and try to make a difference for these kids. I've pretty much spread my fundraising out in as many different directions as I can think of, and I'm already thinking of printing some sort of flyer and mailing it to everyone who lives in our immediate neighborhood.

Anyway, thanks again for the updates, and I look forward to reading your future ones!