TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

Is the squirrel picture from The Great Escape?

Another good guess, but.... no! I did not think this question would be a hard one. Since it is a toughie, I will double my donation for a correct guess to $20! You can guess more than once if you'd like. I will start giving hints if no one guesses correctly after a day or so.

Have fun!

-Jason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good guess, but.... no! I did not think this question would be a hard one. Since it is a toughie, I will double my donation for a correct guess to $20! You can guess more than once if you'd like. I will start giving hints if no one guesses correctly after a day or so.

Have fun!

-Jason

OK, is it Kennywood?

I've got a a $50 donation to any rider for the best paragraph/short story discussing "Why Raptors are awesome and deadly"

Raptors can eat stupid people. This is why they are deadly and awesome. And after they have a feast they all sit around and go damn that was fun.

OK, is it Kennywood?

No, not Kennywood either.

Oh my. I hope that this squirrel with a hot dog is still hanging out in the park where I took the picture. The picture was taken in 2009. I do know that the building with the squirrel on it has changed names, and it now sells something different than it used to. So, the squirrel might not actually be there any more. It was there as recently as 2010 though.

-Jason

I've got a a $50 donation to any rider for the best paragraph/short story discussing "Why Raptors are awesome and deadly"

62ft long, with a 44ft wingspan, soaring through the air with precision, and deadly force. It's ready to strike at ANY given second! A Raptor is able to fly through the air at over Mach 2! The fire power is intimidating! Air to air, air to ground, and equipped with guns, the F-22 Raptor is THE deffinition of "Awesome and deadly"!!

No, not Kennywood either.

Oh my. I hope that this squirrel with a hot dog is still hanging out in the park where I took the picture. The picture was taken in 2009. I do know that the building with the squirrel on it has changed names, and it now sells something different than it used to. So, the squirrel might not actually be there any more. It was there as recently as 2010 though.

-Jason

Delgrosso's?

Want to tell you a little about myself and why I am am finally taking part in this amazing fundraiser this year.

I am Josh, 31 years old and live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. My home park and where I will be participating in Coasting for Kids at is Canada's Wonderland.

Ever since I can remember I've had a fond love of amusement parks and every aspect of them. Once of my first full books I read was on the history of roller coasters. It's been a passion of mine and even when I remember seeing people participate in marathon coaster riding events at the Canadian National Exhibition I've always said to myself, "one day I will do that". Well, this is my one day and for an amazing cause.

I myself was actually born with congenital heart defect called Tetrology of Fallot, basically it means I will always have a leaky pulmonary valve. I've never once let it stop myself from living my life to the fullest and having fun. A group such as Give Kids the World simply amazes me. For people to come together in any fashion of help put smiles on the faces of children who are going through these life threatening illnesses is just a sign that there truly is good in this world.

I am honored to be part of this event this year and hope that all the monies I raise towards GKTW can at least put a smile on one child's face and help them to have an amazing week in Orlando. TPR has been my first stop on my daily internet routine and for them to be helping out in such an amazing fashion just truly shows how dedicated they are to ensuring everyone can find a smile in their day to day life.

Thank you TPR for being an official team this year and thank you for letting us crazy people come together for such an amazing event.

GO TEAM TPR!!!

419550_10150688789934402_509399401_11436915_813191203_n.thumb.jpg.fd8c5ff19ac5187d7ff61064c1a0c27f.jpg

Me with Snoopy at WCB 2012 @ Knotts

421182_10150748618464402_509399401_11646948_613854505_n.jpg.c55967a9923be38a6bab1e1b98638b52.jpg

Me on Tower of Terry in Orlando this past July. I am in the Iron Man shirt.

317130_10150859066175204_581735203_21283827_840536656_n.jpg.0a58bab696bfca4604712d2919789905.jpg

Me marathoning Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland 10 times in a row without getting off and freezing my hands off in the process.

Have fun!

-Jason

I am just throwing out a random guess of Hershey Park

^Oh ya? Will never let it stop me. I figure I want to live my life to the fullest and not have any regrets.

Tetroly of Fallot was real tough dealing with as a child/teenage. I've found growing up those its gotten a lot easier. I am still waiting on one more surgery but the docs keep saying my current valve is a lot better then what it should be so there's no rush to jump in and switch it off.

Hey everyone I neglected to tell my story like all the other riders so here it is.

My name is Joe, I have resided in North East Ohio for all of my life and have been completely obsessed with rollercoasters since a young age. I don't post much around here but I can usually be found debating the conspiracy theories and memories of Geauga Lake and the latest Conneaut Lake news. I collect Idora Park memorabilia as well though I never was able to visit when it was open. I have the lead blue car from the Idora Wildcat among other park items. I spent many years working at Geauga Lake starting in 1998 until December of 2007 doing many jobs including lifeguard, guy with the chainsaw, ride operator and police officer. I am currently a full time police officer with a suburb of cleveland. If I'm not working or riding coasters my time is usually spent wrenching on a project car or surfing the interweb.

This is my third year participating in Coasting for Kids @ Cedar Point, I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of raising money for such a great charity. Every year I look forward to this event with great anticipation. I would like to make the same offer to my TPR friends that I did on facebook, Anyone who donates to my page gets a prize. $2 gets a Geauga Lake key chain or magnet, $5 gets a GL shot glass, $20 a 4 shot glass set, $40 a GL polo shirt.

I would also like to thank my fellow riders for making the effort and taking the time to participate, TPR for a great discussion forum and club (i'm perma banned from coasterbuzz ) Any and all donors for their generosity and of course GKTW for their selfless efforts to give peace to families and children who endure so much. See you all at the point!

My donations page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joseph-cappellojr/CedarPoint

P8190011.thumb.JPG.f54262a66357d1396c5558221d470247.JPG

My first marathon, Blue Streak Challenge 2002

000_0018.thumb.JPG.07713f0bce03e38c5b14e6812e6e1b67.JPG

CLP Blue Streak 2011

156599_10150350301585577_6981293_n.jpg.c960ad83bd157a599ac7e896513cf2c6.jpg

Geauga Lake PD, Roller Coaster Cop on Patrol

295736_2035461415481_1512575588_31574969_1811827503_n.thumb.jpg.924b1477e10545c38c4db6964e9338e4.jpg

Top Gun! KI closing day 2011

Edited by robbalvey

Have fun!

-Jason

Dutch Wonderland? (this is a guess by a co-worker as I had no clue)

Stacy

Dutch Wonderland? (this is a guess by a co-worker as I had no clue)

Stacy

YES!!! The squirrel with a hot dog picture is from Dutch Wonderland!! It used to be on the Treehouse Terrace snack bar which is now The Potato Patch. I am not sure if the squirrel is still there or not.

Congratulations Stacy! I will make a $20 donation to your page tomorrow! Yay!

-Jason

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that we must have some Star Wars fans here in the group. Well, I recently came across an awesome Darth Maul Episode 1 t-shirt in my storage from an old business that I owned, and I want to give it away! So, here we go...the first person to donate $20 (or more) to my Coasting for Kids page will get this shirt! Sound like a plan? Oh but wait...let me tell you a little about this shirt: It is "brand new" and has been perfectly stored since the original theatrical release of Episode 1. It is size adult XL and still has all of it's original tags. I must say that it's pretty awesome.

Just go donate, then come back here and post that you've donated for the shirt. Once I see something posted, I'll PM you to get your address for shipping (US address only please). http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/craigjensen/CaliforniasGreatAmerica

Ghost Of Anton "Thanks for all the Whizzer lovin'. "

I approve of the comment this person left on my donations page.

Now that I have more time, here is a more in-detail "about me" bit.

I currently live in Milwaukee and most likely the Chicago area in the upcoming year. I will also be turning 18 years old in the upcoming month, which is funny because it just so happens I will be spending it with awesome TPR members! I also like Volkswagens, skiing, long boarding, photography, and Schwarzkopf [Hey R.D.!].

I got into coasters when I stumbled upon TPR from merely searching "roller coasters" in the lobby of some hotel when I was about 11 years of age. I have come a long way from there in terms of becoming who i am and how TPR has influenced me. My best friends are what I call the "TPR Chicago Gang" and I honestly love how such a big group of people get along so well and do so much together. I also have met a lot of TPR'ers from all over and not to mention the great people who were on the North East trip last summer. Honestly couldn't ask for a better bunch of people.

I have heard of coaster marathons before, but was not aware of how to become part of one until Robb and Elissa posted about this here on TPR. I think this is a great opportunity! What could possibly be a better combination than marathoning coasters with great people, than on top of that in doing so you are able to raise money for a great cause.

Now for some incentives as to get a few more donations:

--$100 mark: Two $15 donations go to random people who have supported me.

--$150 mark: Detailed report of X-flight at SFGAm. [Review, photos, and possibly a video]

--$200 mark: I will post a photoTR of the Coasting for Kids event at Michigans Adventure.

224285_10150283225473496_641313495_9470011_3384880_n.jpg.03b86a5df402f313bad3ab9f4fc6c5ac.jpg

Getting in some Whizzer time with Ryan and Griffin.

390595_2584100554272_1007231793_32345134_2140860564_n.jpg.c0713f58512ad3447f64b64fb21d2c88.jpg

Whoring it up on a kiddie coaster with my uncle Shawn!

Edited by kumba830

Just wanted to re-post this....

Here's a Facebook cover you can use to help spread the word about Coasting For Kids! Just upload it to your timeline to get the word out! If you want to link to your specific URL, you could add a description to the cover photo. That way when someone clicks the cover it could tell them more about what you're doing and how to donate.