TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

Throwing my hat into the ring for the third year running. www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joseph-cappellojr/CedarPoint Any donations are welcome and appreciated. I will be bringing Geauga Lake keychains to give to my fellow riders at the event!

Hi there Joseph - please add yourself to Team TPR on your donations page so we can add your link to our list and give you a signature banner!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I don't know if someone was talking about me or not cause the comments have been deleted but either way I'm sorry if it comes off as me wanting to win cause I say "donate to me and I will die my hair pink" or something like that it's not cause I wanna win it's cause I wanna help these kids just like we all do. I'm a creative guy and look for ways to get the most out of things. Even if those comments werent about me like Robb said we're in this together. Sure the prizes are cool but I'm pretty sure none of us are doing it for them. We are doing this for the kids let all remember that

Hi,

I unfortunately don't have any pics of me being on a coaster yet but hopefully that'll change in the future. I have always loved coasters and have always wanted to join a club so here I am. I haven't had a chance to do a tour or trip report or anything like that so when I saw this event I knew this would be an awesome chance to not only enjoy one of the things I'm passionate about but also to get my feet wet so to speak with TPR, make some friends, and raise some good money for a very good charity in the process. My team page is: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/rollercoasterridermikey/KingsIsland1 I just have to say that this is definitely an interesting group of people and I will definitely be able to fit in and oh I suppose a pic of my ugly mug would be good. I'll post a different one than the one I posted earlier in the user picture thread:752848783_brandi_mehalloween.jpg.8251326f9c9ae1ebf67d92923f72cd37.jpg

time for a silly pic

So I don't know if someone was talking about me or not cause the comments have been deleted but either way I'm sorry if it comes off as me wanting to win cause I say "donate to me and I will die my hair pink" or something like that it's not cause I wanna win it's cause I wanna help these kids just like we all do. I'm a creative guy and look for ways to get the most out of things. Even if those comments werent about me like Robb said we're in this together. Sure the prizes are cool but I'm pretty sure none of us are doing it for them. We are doing this for the kids let all remember that

It was most likely me that got the comments removed. Oh well,I get obnoxious at times. BUT! I put my money where my mouth is and donate well to all my friends that ride. I tapped out this year again. Hit me up next year everyone. I give about the same each year. Not saying how much, but, it's a nice amount for a working guy. Give Kids the World!!!!!

Here's a Facebook cover you can use to help spread the word about Coasting For Kids! Just upload it to your timeline to get the word out! If you want to link to your specific URL, you could add a description to the cover photo. That way when someone clicks the cover it could tell them more about what you're doing and how to donate.

NOTE: Just to be clear, this is an "unofficial" cover made by me. It wasn't made by TPR or Coasting for Kids. Hopefully the use of the logos is ok for this purpose (but if not, let me know and I'll take it down).

CoastingForKidsCover.jpg.409139774224072735be89bcc2306a44.jpg

Coasting for Kids Facebook Cover. This is the actual file that you use.

CoastingForKidsCoverScreenshot.jpg.f044bab2f56cc2658304f4b375706dea.jpg

What it will look like on your profile

Edited by ILoveRides

Hey all,

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I’m a long time lurker and newbie poster. I’ve been a fan of TPR since 2001 when I ordered my first VHS coaster season from Robb, and although I’ve been an avid reader of the forums since 2005, I hadn’t posted a thing – until now. Coasting for Kids and Give Kids the World is changing that. I can’t think of a better opportunity to introduce myself to the TRP community than the lead-up for this wonderful charity event.

I’m originally from Northern Virginia but I moved to LA a few years back for work. I’m gonna travel back across the country to ride with my brother Joe (who’s not a TRP member, but grew up on Robb and Elissa’s coaster season VHS’s along with me).

I’ve set my goal at $300 and hope to surpass it. My brother’s goal is $75 but will probably go up. I don’t personally know any child or family who’s benefited from a charity such as this, but I’m warmed by other member’s stories. I hope by participating in this event I’ll become closer to the cause. I’m very happy I’ve been given this opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life. TPR members sure have risen to the occasion and I’m proud to be a part of such a generous movement. Here are our links:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/phillacroix/KingsDominion

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joelacroix/KingsDominion

And here’s a quick bunch of photos to complete my introduction. Can’t wait for June – thanks everyone for reading and donating if you can. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

-Phil

83879333_meatBG.jpg.d9a0ca6dee68f401c08b7c206324ed0e.jpg

This is me and you already know Nessie.

1946235348_menjoe.jpg.b6af556e7c46b5fe69f6eb8f315f447a.jpg

This is my brother Joe, he'll be riding along with me. Just like this.

679471362_menjoannaatE!.jpg.063338527e665e303a656d204e52ecc3.jpg

I work at E! Entertainment on True Hollywood Story. This is my sister Joanna.

647459908_kylenmeburningman.jpg.43fc5ef8b3ab48a1281815455ed032ca.jpg

This is me and my boyfriend Kyle at Burning Man. He tolerates my coaster dorkiness :)

Hi, I'm Cameron.

I live in Chicago, but I grew-up in Australia. I had a pretty happy and blessed childhood, so I feel it's important to try and help others do the same.

I've been a member of the TPR forums since The Beginning (and ordered videos long before that), and just love all the crazy shenanigans. I've been on two trips (UK 2006 and Europe 2010), both of which were or course awesome. I've also been on a few Orlando trips, and to several Bashes. I really cherish my amusement park hobby as it's an excuse to play outside and meet amazing and excellent people. This is a wonderful community.

Professionally, I'm a programmer who's worked on various type of games, and am now working on slot machines. (Nope, they're not rigged - sorry).

I've seen some very generous donations so far, so let's please all keep that up! I'm not the type to try and make people feel guilty, but I am totally the type who'd embarrass himself in order to get more donations.

Cameron.

425813_10150822646633496_641313495_12461364_1297999580_n.jpg.739222a547ed202a2de7d1167b7eef23.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I suppose I should introduce myself too. My name is Jason Stull. I live just outside of Baltimore in Glen Burnie, Maryland. I am currently only a lurker on TPR, but I want to start getting more involved with the group. TPR seems like such a great bunch of people. I am a total coaster nerd, and I spend a lot of my free time traveling around the country to different amusement parks. I am especially excited about another charity event that I will be participating in on April 27th at Canada’s Wonderland. I intend to be one of the first riders on Leviathan! That will be my first time riding a roller coaster outside of the United States! I have not been on any big TPR trips yet, but I would like to change that too. I did attend the Bizarro Bash last year at Six Flags New England, and I had a great time!

I have been wanting to take part in a coaster marathon for quite some time now. In years past, however, I never managed to hear about events like this until it was too late. This year, though, thanks to Facebook, I found out about the Coasting For Kids event in time to sign up to ride at Kings Dominion. I really cannot believe that they are going to let me ride a roller coaster for six hours straight! That’ll be like a dream come true for me! And, to able to raise money for such a great charity at the same time is just a win, win!

Best of luck to everyone with their donations! I will brainstorming for new ways to raise funds, and I will let you know if I come up with any good ideas!

-Jason

And, now for a few photos...

Picture-1058.jpg.b4038f9ebc32f76a0c39d71aa1c4a4a3.jpg

Me standing in line for one of my favorite coasters!

081.jpg.c687d5963bf49c86e350308166b60416.jpg

My husband and me with Charlie Brown and Linus!

Picture-670.jpg.ceab0087d50cdb894f7501b85327e2eb.jpg

Me at one of my favorite parks. Kennywood!

022.jpg.92e78c3a686741ed0beaf3d22dd987f3.jpg

The husband and me again. This time with Bugs Bunny!

067.jpg.8927daf91bf4fdfe7415657b7f78c2e7.jpg

This is a squirrel with a hotdog. First Coasting For Kids person who can guess where this pic was taken gets a $10 donation from me! Please only guess if you are participating in the event! Thanks!

Is that squirrel picture from Knoebels?

Thought I'd take a shot at it!

It's really cool getting to know the riders who are participating! Great job everyone!

Good guess, but no. That picture was not taken at Knoebels.

Here's a Facebook cover you can use to help spread the word about Coasting For Kids! Just upload it to your timeline to get the word out! If you want to link to your specific URL, you could add a description to the cover photo. That way when someone clicks the cover it could tell them more about what you're doing and how to donate.

NOTE: Just to be clear, this is an "unofficial" cover made by me. It wasn't made by TPR or Coasting for Kids. Hopefully the use of the logos is ok for this purpose (but if not, let me know and I'll take it down).

That's awesome. Just changed my cover photo now. I thought about modifying it with my personal donations page, then decided it really doesn't matter since it's all going to the same place in the end, right?

Ok, let's try this again...maybe the donation amount was a bit too high? (although I don't think $25 is too much to ask for...)

Want this cool lot of Transformers stuff from Universal Studios Singapore? First person to donate $10 to David's Coasting For Kids page will get it! (We'll also throw in some other cool stuff too!) Donate here: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DavidWavid/KnottsBerryFarm and post back to let us know!

I promise your package will have some other cool stuff in it too!

Your dog is adorable!

Thank you, Nicole!!

Lacey was so touched by your comment that she suggested I donate to your page.....she really is a smart dog! And besides, I can't say no to her little fur-face, so I just sent a donation your way. Good luck with your fundraising, and I will see you at Dorney!!

Lacey was so touched by your comment that she suggested I donate to your page.....she really is a smart dog! And besides, I can't say no to her little fur-face, so I just sent a donation your way. Good luck with your fundraising, and I will see you at Dorney!!

I just donated back to you as well. What type of dog is Lacey? She seems to have just as much fun with dressing up as my parents dog Frankie does.

Hello Everyone!

I suppose I should introduce myself too. My name is Jason Stull. I live just outside of Baltimore in Glen Burnie, Maryland. I am currently only a lurker on TPR, but I want to start getting more involved with the group. TPR seems like such a great bunch of people. I am a total coaster nerd, and I spend a lot of my free time traveling around the country to different amusement parks. I am especially excited about another charity event that I will be participating in on April 27th at Canada’s Wonderland. I intend to be one of the first riders on Leviathan! That will be my first time riding a roller coaster outside of the United States! I have not been on any big TPR trips yet, but I would like to change that too. I did attend the Bizarro Bash last year at Six Flags New England, and I had a great time!

I have been wanting to take part in a coaster marathon for quite some time now. In years past, however, I never managed to hear about events like this until it was too late. This year, though, thanks to Facebook, I found out about the Coasting For Kids event in time to sign up to ride at Kings Dominion. I really cannot believe that they are going to let me ride a roller coaster for six hours straight! That’ll be like a dream come true for me! And, to able to raise money for such a great charity at the same time is just a win, win!

Best of luck to everyone with their donations! I will brainstorming for new ways to raise funds, and I will let you know if I come up with any good ideas!

-Jason

And, now for a few photos...

Steel Force is one of my FAVE coasters I have ever ridden too!

Hey all,

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I’m a long time lurker and newbie poster. I’ve been a fan of TPR since 2001 when I ordered my first VHS coaster season from Robb, and although I’ve been an avid reader of the forums since 2005, I hadn’t posted a thing – until now. Coasting for Kids and Give Kids the World is changing that. I can’t think of a better opportunity to introduce myself to the TRP community than the lead-up for this wonderful charity event.

I’m originally from Northern Virginia but I moved to LA a few years back for work. I’m gonna travel back across the country to ride with my brother Joe (who’s not a TRP member, but grew up on Robb and Elissa’s coaster season VHS’s along with me).

I’ve set my goal at $300 and hope to surpass it. My brother’s goal is $75 but will probably go up. I don’t personally know any child or family who’s benefited from a charity such as this, but I’m warmed by other member’s stories. I hope by participating in this event I’ll become closer to the cause. I’m very happy I’ve been given this opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life. TPR members sure have risen to the occasion and I’m proud to be a part of such a generous movement. Here are our links:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/phillacroix/KingsDominion

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joelacroix/KingsDominion

And here’s a quick bunch of photos to complete my introduction. Can’t wait for June – thanks everyone for reading and donating if you can. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

-Phil

[attachment=3]me at BG.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]me n joe.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]me n joanna at E!.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]kyle n me burning man.jpg[/attachment]

You guys make a cute couple!!

Ten bucks to Dave to bring him over $300 and that much closer to his goal. Good luck David.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DavidWavid/KnottsBerryFarm

Thank you! Please send me an email address with your contact information to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with "Transformers Stuff" as the subject.

While I'm thrilling that all the Coasting For Kids team members are helping each other. It would be really nice to see more of our non-riders help out and donate.

Let's see some donations coming from our non-riders!

--Robb

It's finally time that I introduced myself around here. The name is Alfred. I'm a 25 year old pilot in training from Southern California. I currently reside in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as I am finishing up my flight ratings! I've been a LONG time lurker here on TPR. I started to attended my fair share of events when I discovered a good friend was a fellow coaster geek, WCB, Texas Giant Bash..etc. They have ALL been great! I really don't know why I don't post more often, seeing as how I visit the site daily, but I hope that will change! I've been a fan of coasters for a over a decade now. It started to a trip to SFMM when Goliath was under construction. I was so intrigued. I've made several friends through this site, and others, and I am hoping to make more!

I'm part of the team that will be doing C4K at World's of Fun! I can't even began to explain how excited I am, as I have never been there. I usually try to do a volunteer event for local charities every year. With all the things going on, I didn't think I was going to get a chance to do it. I am thankful to be part of such an amazing community that is getting out there and doing it's part. Though I don't know anyone that would benefit from this personally, I can't even imagine what this means from the kids who do benefit from Give Kids The World, not to mention their families. I have began to ask my friends and family for donations and they seemed to be on board. Lets get all the donations we can for these kids! I have also invited a friend to join me, I will post his link as soon as he signs up, as he is not a member of TPR (yet) Great job to EVERYONE who has signed up, and thanks for EVERYONE who has donated!

933660051_MyRandomLife013.JPG.c2ec7dd04ebe5996b184df19eed1b3bc.JPG

Because everyone loves an old coaster picture.

1195599270_MyRandomLife276.JPG.2ebdf9c391a7901831248faeaa7d424d.JPG

TPR's favorite Mexican and myself at SFDK

Just signed up to Join Team TPR to help represent Valleyfair! Had to wait till today to find out if i could get off work. Now i just have to figure out how to get me a banner. I am sooooo looking forward to getting some good time in on Renegade and Wild Thing!!!!

www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joshuafelmer/Valleyfair

Edited by robbalvey