TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

That makes me want to go. 6 hours on Mamba would be a drag,

Let's be honest here, it's all what you make of it, right? I mean, I thought that doing 24 hours at Magic Kingdom would be hell on wheels, but we were with a GREAT group and had an awesome time! If you go into anything saying "this is going to be a drag", then you're right, it's going to be.

But you'll be with a fun group of people, doing something you love, and for a good cause!

Think about the cool trip reports you could make out of it. For example, it would be really cool to document every ride you took! Take a picture of the train in the station of each dispatch, have the C4K riders do a different pose each time. See how many you can come up with. You can make anything fun!!! Seriously!

Let's try to keep a positive attitude about the event, deal?

--Robb

Robb is so right here!!! I believe you can pretty much make any event fun! Now if only people would donate money so I can at least get to the $75 mark and be able to go!!! hehe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone so far who has donated, setup pages for donations, and who has pledged their personal time to this great cause. I've had the great fortune to volunteer at the Village many, many times, and it truly is an amazing place. Your time, money and efforts will NOT go unnoticed.

And thank you Robb and Elissa for the extremely generous donations you have already pledged, as well as the time and effort you have put into making TPR a huge force in this event. I cannot thank you two enough.

Keep it up, everyone!

Hoping to get signed up in the coming weeks. Hopefully all you wonderful people don't disappear from this thread when I do join in. I would love to King's Island in preference to Cedar Point. Need to either find a ride from someone in the Pittsburgh area going (so unlikely) or try to get my parents permission to do it. Either way, I am so impressed with everyone donating. As soon as I get a yes or no from my parents (in CA currently) I will sign up or start donating. Awesome work, guys!

First off, I wanted to thank Sue (whoever you are) for jump-starting the donations on my page! Thank you very much! And I've already started to get my fundraising into full swing. I've emailed family, friends, and coworkers, along with posting info to my Facebook page and sending out private Facebook messages. The initial response has been humbling and truly overwhelming. I thank everyone for their support thus far!

But it's not just me, not by a long shot.....the continual outpouring of support from TPR is awesome. Keep up the amazing work everyone, from the riders who are continually added to the park rosters to the many generous folks donating to the various rider's pages.

And since June 10 is still a long way off, I've enlisted our dog Lacey to give some advice on what to do as Team TPR blazes a path down this fundraising trail!

Lacey_Sheriff.jpg.609cf210acc72859589f81804894530c.jpg

Sheriff Lacey says "I've got my eyes on you all....keep those donations coming to ALL of Team TPR!!"

Donating is super easy.....and Lacey's ready to show you how.....

Lacey_Purse.jpg.d5b922526f32393131386335a8543941.jpg

Just grab your purse (or wallet) and visit a rider's page to place your donation!

Lacey_Beer.jpg.48a8ad7b56cdb665af98191c1bce00a3.jpg

Then celebrate your generosity by kicking back and enjoying a cold one! Wasn't that easy??

Lacey_Weenie.jpg.38f2acd02f24a9cde62101f16b9e3711.jpg

Seriously, don't be a weenie, help support Team TPR and Give Kids The World!!!

That makes me want to go. 6 hours on Mamba would be a drag,

But you'll be with a fun group of people, doing something you love, and for a good cause!

--Robb

Possibly slightly insane too!! But seriously I wanted to do this last year but a certain NE trip prevented that from happening, but this year I'm all in! Why, well I'll tell everyone tomorrow when I post up yet another chance to get junk to fill your drawers and donate for a good cause!

Edit: Yeah I know, double post...

^ It hasn't been officially announced, and I don't think anyone knows yet. Last year it was on Jaguar.

But sign up anyways! It'll be a fun day with other TPR members regardless of what coaster it is. Obviously we hope for a good coaster, but we'll make the best of whatever coaster we get.

This really sounds fun so I'm going to do this too.

www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/cameronlightsey/DorneyPark

Sorry I know double post....Haven't forgot about you Cam. Glad to help out you in this great cause. I dontaed $50 to you and your mom. Wish I could join you guys once again on some great trips. Have fun.

First off, I wanted to thank Sue (whoever you are) for jump-starting the donations on my page! Thank you very much!

That would be me. You're welcome! I'm a bit of a lurker here on the site, but I'm here when it counts!

Hey there...I'm Chris from Newark, Delaware. My first trip was last year on Northeast which was more then I ever expected in a good way. I going on LeviaThon this year and can't wait! I'm participating at the event at Dorney Park.

This Coasting for Kids 2012 is a great thing and I'm glad I'm able to do something for others. My cousins daughter was part of another kids charity (Make A Wish) so these types of charity's are great for kids with an illness.

Here's the link to my fundraising page

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/christophercofrancisco/DorneyPark/event

fancy.jpg.9dd695f6e75014a9360ae871a1bc749a.jpg

With my daughter Devin

X3.thumb.jpg.57cc48e0b7c09e6a38d294436f822182.jpg

Front seat of Excalibur on NorthEast Trip!

Want this cool lot of Transformers stuff from Universal Studios Singapore? First person to donate $25 to David's Coasting For Kids page will get it! (We'll also throw in some other cool stuff too!) Donate here: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DavidWavid/KnottsBerryFarm and post back to let us know!

transformers_crap.thumb.JPG.9b5d6e9a58ee776cbd07933e12e093aa.JPG

Want this cool lot of Transformers stuff from Universal Studios Singapore? First person to donate $25 to David's Coasting For Kids page will get it! (We'll also throw in some other cool stuff too!) Donate here: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DavidWavid/KnottsBerryFarm and post back to let us know!

C'mon people!!! TPR gives away so much free stuff all the time! All we are asking is that you donate to a really great charity to get the cool stuff we give away. That's not too much to ask is it?

Also, I'd really like to see it be someone who isn't already signed up to be a rider to donate for this.

TPR gives so much already for absolutely free, and all we're asking is for some of you to give back.

Thank you.

Ok, I know I can't compete with other people to get people to donate to me but I'm going to resurrect my Forst Files thread, if I get $5 more.

I'll finish out my 2010 reports. Then if I get $10-20 more I'll work on 2011 reports. Now 2011 will include awesome updates from the TPR NE trip which has some highlights of No Power in French Canada, Rolling Back a kiddie coaster, and more!

If I get $30 I'll dig around the vaults of old, and do PTR's from 2009 and earlier. (2009-Disneyland, Seaworld, DCA, etc)

5 or 6 year old me is saying, "I'm having so much fun!"

And for all you convention type geeks/nerds whatever you classify yourself as, I can upload pictures of SDCC, NYCC (2009, 2010).

I've also got Zoo pictures (Philly, San Diego, DC).

I can't think of anything else to offer up right now, but if someone has an idea for my thread I'm open to suggestions.