TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

Next person to donate $25 to Niki's page will get a Roller Coasters in the RAW DVD of their choice and a TPR Bag-O-Crap!

Donation page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/r0flcoasterniki/CedarPoint

And you can choose any of our Roller Coasters in the RAW DVDs and I'll throw in some cool stuff with it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy for report that Lady Bebe has passed the $75 threshold and WILL be Coasting for Kids at Knott's! Big thanks go out to TPRers Daniel Simaan (simaand) & Robert Coker (RoCo) for pitching in and helping her hit that mark!!

Mr. Bebe is still $35 shy of the $75 goal. Please help out! And, as an added bonus, Mr. Bebe has promised to send memorabilia from our EPIC Trip Report SOUVENIR to anyone who donates to either one of our pages (while supplies last)!!!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/coreygiannantonio/KnottsBerryFarm

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/thebebes/KnottsBerryFarm

Any amount is greatly appreciated!!

xoxo

- Lady Bebe

Words can't describe how I am feeling right now. I'm am thrilled to see strangers donating to each other for children to go to this magical place. As I said before, my 18 month old brother has a Congenital heart defect. He has had two open heat surgeries and still needs two more. Places like Give Kids The World Villege is a special place to have around for children like my brother.

From the deepest part of my heart, Thank you all so much and KEEP DONATING!

Chris

I have just gotten confirmation that the event at Kings Island will take place on The Racer. Even better - I've been told that all event participants will receive a backstage tour of The Beast and final rides of the night on The Beast!

If you haven't registered now to be a Coasting For Kids rider at Kings Island! Do it now! - http://www.firstgiving.com/gktw/KingsIsland

This is still up for grabs! I can tell you that your Bag-O-Crap will include some sort of T-Shirt!

Next person to donate $25 to Niki's page will get a Roller Coasters in the RAW DVD of their choice and a TPR Bag-O-Crap!

Donation page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/r0flcoasterniki/CedarPoint

And you can choose any of our Roller Coasters in the RAW DVDs and I'll throw in some cool stuff with it!

Guess its my turn to introduce myself!!

Name is Bobby and I have been a member of TPR for many years. I used to be someone who just lurked around and never posted anything because I was kinda nervous and new to threads. Now I can not get enough of the site and come here several times a day when I should be working. Thanks to the site I feel I am part of something huge and I love that feeling. I went on my first TPR trip last year - it being the North East Trip. I was so blown away in a good way with how EVERY detail was planned out and seemed to fall right into place. Robb and Elissa do such a good job here and I could NEVER thank them enough.

My coaster obsession started when my mom made me get on the SooperDooperLooper at Hersheypark when I was in in middle school. I was as scared as I have ever been in my life but once I got off the first time my mom couldn't keep me off of it the rest of the day.

This is such a good cause! I used to work with underprivileged kids at a boys and girls club and kids deserve the best! They are out future!!! What makes this better is Give Kids the World works with kids who face life-threatening illnesses. These kids are probably more scared than I will be on any ride because they are fighting for their life!!!!

I will be joining Team TPR at Dorney on the 6/10 and I could NOT be be more excited!!

IMG_0858.JPG.84471ae56b3e6604b3cec84fe4ffcb2f.JPG

Nicole and I on Wooden Warrior at Quassy!! My 100th coaster!!

IMG_0860.JPG.1a8c0bd8a03ef446033aa007287d12f0.JPG

Patrick, Chris, and I on the Whip Out at Lake Compounce on the North East Trip!

IMG_0869.JPG.d0181d53a5a1b684aad9e9db52635cf6.JPG

At La Ronde on the North East trip!

Thanks to all have donated so far!

A little about me, my name is Hector and I've been following TPR for quite a few years. I signed up for the forums back when they opened in 2005, but it wasn't until the Spain Trip in 2007 (Shameless plug for my biggest PTR to date!) came around until I really started to post and be a part of the TPR community.

I've always been fascinated by the small carnivals that always rode through the area and the various rides they brought along, and I've always enjoyed our occasional family trips to Disneyland the years we could afford it; but it wasn't until I started playing the original Roller Coaster Tycoon that really kick started this hobby. Pretty soon I was off to working four summers at Cedar Point ten years ago (holy shit it's been 10 years...) on various rides throughout the park including Power Tower, Paddlewheel Excursions (Captain Hector!) Magnum, and Top Thrill Dragster.

As a huge fan of Disney (mainly the theme parks), I've known about the Give Kids the World program for quite some time, but I seemed to have missed the first two Coasting for Kids as I really only heard about it last year. Seeing the sign-ups this year, there is no way I was going to pass this opportunity up! I love giving back to charities and great organizations like this (I also do the LA AIDS Walk in October when I can) because I can't even imagine what something like this feels like, not to just the kid, but to their entire family. So to have a place a great as GKTW to help them all try and forget about the hardships of the real world will easily get my time and money.

DCA.thumb.jpg.04561b07130a1e926e7d63707cde309b.jpg

IMG_0366.JPG.1bf0e947ea202dfe6fcfaa5e10b5e068.JPG

Once I get paid I'll sign up for Knott's!

If I wasn't so broke at the moment, I'd sign up now, but I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks. I hate getting paid monthly.

But after I sign up, I'll be donating to a few of you!

So far there are two of us at Worlds of Fun, and with the rumor going around that Mamba will NOT be a 6 hour marathon but will be 2 hours, plus 2 hours each on Patriot and PROWLER! Why wouldn't you guys want to sign up and raise money for the children?!?!?!?

...and with the rumor going around that Mamba will NOT be a 6 hour marathon but will be 2 hours, plus 2 hours each on Patriot and PROWLER! Why wouldn't you guys want to sign up and raise money for the children?!?!?!?

That makes me want to go. 6 hours on Mamba would be a drag, Prowler and Patriot involved makes it two times better. Grr, must get a ticket.

That makes me want to go. 6 hours on Mamba would be a drag,

Let's be honest here, it's all what you make of it, right? I mean, I thought that doing 24 hours at Magic Kingdom would be hell on wheels, but we were with a GREAT group and had an awesome time! If you go into anything saying "this is going to be a drag", then you're right, it's going to be.

But you'll be with a fun group of people, doing something you love, and for a good cause!

Think about the cool trip reports you could make out of it. For example, it would be really cool to document every ride you took! Take a picture of the train in the station of each dispatch, have the C4K riders do a different pose each time. See how many you can come up with. You can make anything fun!!! Seriously!

Let's try to keep a positive attitude about the event, deal?

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

That makes me want to go. 6 hours on Mamba would be a drag,

Let's be honest here, it's all what you make of it, right? I mean, I thought that doing 24 hours at Magic Kingdom would be hell on wheels, but we were with a GREAT group and had an awesome time! If you go into anything saying "this is going to be a drag", then you're right, it's going to be.

But you'll be with a fun group of people, doing something you love, and for a good cause!

Think about the cool trip reports you could make out of it. For example, it would be really cool to document every ride you took! Take a picture of the train in the station of each dispatch, have the C4K riders do a different pose each time. See how many you can come up with. You can make anything fun!!! Seriously!

Let's try to keep a positive attitude about the event, deal?

--Robb

Yeah, I kind of worded that incorrectly. Mamba's a good ride, but when you add Prowler and Patriot, it's an even awesomer event.

On the other hand, I'm still trying to snatch a ticket. The only issue is the household devil, aka "Mom" to drop me off or something. Hopefully I can plan something out.