TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone wants to donate to me it would mean a lot and also if you are doing the event I will match what you donate to me right back to u. Lets help each other out and more importantly lets help the kids out

^^Good luck! Sent a little something over.

So how about that Valley Fair? Would love to do the same. Chuck totally has the right idea

IMG_3246.JPG.536dd1b6f30e0a9fabca001347eb57d3.JPGI forgot to tell a little bit about myself. My name is Chris and I am 24 years old and I am a preschool teacher in the Bay Area. This is my little brother and I and I am doing this event for him. He was born with Congenital Heart Disease. When he was born, he was born with only three valves connected to his heart instead of four. He has already had two heart surgeries and still in need for two more.

If someone could invent a time machine, or a teleportation device, I'd sign up for valleyfair, but I'm just a tad too far away. Still debating on signing up for Dorney park.

Do it! What could be more fun than hanging out with other TPR people and riding a coaster for 6 hours for a good cause. What's the worst that's gonna happen, the coaster chosen to marathon will be Woodstock Express

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/matthew_dz/KnottsBerryFarm

If I didn't already have a San Fran vacation planned till the 9th I would totally be on Valleyfair! Hope it gets some lovin'.

Hello everyone I am Matt. I have been following the site for at least four or five years now. I have been to three TPR Events including Termination Day, WCB 09' and 10'. Other Events I have been to include the X2 Campout, Gay Days Anaheim 09'-11', as well as Out On The Mountain 09'-11'. My love for coasters started at about age 12 when I went to Knott's Berry Farm and rode my first steel coaster, Montezuma's Revenge, which happened to be my first "marathon" in which we did 14 rides consecutively. Ever since then I have grown into more and more of a coaster fanatic. There is nothing like the sound, smell, and feel of a roller coaster. Just being around them brings such joy and I feel at home. When standing in line and riding I am obsessed with using logic to figure out how everything works on the ride. I am a definite panel nerd and am always trying to grab a peek at panels. I am possibly just as large of a Theatre nerd as I am a coaster nerd so if you see me at the event feel free to talk theatre with me.

My love for roller coasters and the escape they offer is my driving reason for doing this fundraiser, because it is places like The Village offered by GKTW that gives these children a place to escape to and forget about all the tests and treatments. I saw this fundraiser and loved the idea so I signed up right away. It will be my second long haul Marathon. My first would be Goliath at SFMM. I was able to ride it for 10 hours, which got me 160 rides that day. However this was back in 09' so I hope I can still Marathon like I used to be able to. My good friend David should be joining our team and I must warn that we are both a lot to handle but are lots of fun so we should fit perfectly into the TPR family. I know this is going to be an amazing event and I am so excited to be on this team as I know we will surely do a great deal to help the cause, and I must say that the generosity that has already been displayed within the past week is simply beautiful and heart warming.

This is my first fundraiser and I initially set a goal of $100 but after passing that in half a day I decided to really put in a strong effort and I have set a goal of $1,000 so I hope some of you will stop by my page and help donate.

Thanks everyone!!

108899567_1000withTanya_shrink.thumb.jpg.1a56a11b5a029f797403ddad40ece015.jpg

This was my 1,000th ride in 2009 accompanied with my friend Tanya.

388447_10150368083548918_670633917_8256418_2092993681_shrink.jpg.6530dd443f25d788ce17a427beac3c8e.jpg

Oh and I am kind of sort of a little bit slightly gay. In case you couldn't tell.

Edited by rawrtotheargh

Wow! This is awesome, in 2 days all the members of Team TPR have raised and given almost $3200!! Congrats guys, I need to figure out who I'm going to donate to!

Imagine how much you guys can raise by June 10th!

Dave

If someone could invent a time machine, or a teleportation device, I'd sign up for valleyfair, but I'm just a tad too far away. Still debating on signing up for Dorney park.

Do it! What could be more fun than hanging out with other TPR people and riding a coaster for 6 hours for a good cause. What's the worst that's gonna happen, the coaster chosen to marathon will be Woodstock Express

I still need the Woodstock express credit, lol. Still working on logistics of the weekend, since I'm in Baltimore Friday and Saturday. May head home Saturday night to be closer to Dorney on Sunday.

Hey guys! I've been pretty quiet on here since my original post, but I just wanted to say I am truly amazed at how many people have donated to my page so far. Thanks, I really appreciate it! I've been a long time follower of TPR, and throughout the years I've come to know you guys are an awesome group of people ! As soon as the season starts and I have a bit of money coming in, I will absolutely help out a ton more with donations.

Also, I plan to start being more of a poster on these forums than a stalker! It's just a matter of making time between school and operating/riding coasters to do so, but I'll make it happen.

My best friend would be another great candidate for VF. I'll give him a heads up if he hasn't already seen this by now.

Can't wait to see some of you at the event!

Ok guys, as you can see below I'm Riding Mamba for 6 hours {edit: I hear Prowler and Patriot will be rotated in now, whew} to raise money for Give Kid's the World. So far I'm up to $30 thanks to some terrific TPR members, thanks guys! So, in an effort to make things more interesting, I am holding out some "Premium" episodes of CVA for milestones reached in fundraising.

First Milestone: $50

Adventure to be Released: A look at what is billed as one of the worlds largest private collection of Disney Animation Cels over the last Century. I was able to view over 80 different cels ranging from Dumbo to Aerial and have the pictures to prove it! Some were even signed by Walt Disney himself! So, all you Disney fanatics out there, kick in $5 (we only need four people!) and I'll detail the exhibit and tell you where you can see it for yourself!

Second Milestone: $75

Adventure to be Released: I have no shame in riding kiddie coasters, and this report will prove it. Three kiddie coasters at three different parks. All three parks visited for the sole purpose of whoring their kiddie coaster.

Third Milestone: $125

Adventure to be Released: An adventure to what is Kansas' only amusement park, plus a visit to a Smithsonian affiliated Space Museum and as an added bonus photos from a defunct park!

Added: Fourth Milestone: $200

Adventure to be Release: Coasting for Kids day at WoF PLUS I will pick at random one person who has donated at least $5 to my page to send a box of sh!t too from the park!

Note: I will never ever in a million years release the above listed adventures unless the stated milestones are achieved. Release dates will be listed when the milestones are hit.

One again, Thanks for your donations! And if you have never been to my thread, well, click the link below. Do it now. Don't wait. I guarantee a happy ending.

[attachment=0]IMG_3246.JPG[/attachment]I forgot to tell a little bit about myself. My name is Chris and I am 24 years old and I am a preschool teacher in the Bay Area. This is my little brother and I and I am doing this event for him. He was born with Congenital Heart Disease. When he was born, he was born with only three valves connected to his heart instead of four. He has already had two heart surgeries and still in need for two more.

It's great to see people participating with a direct connection to the organization, I'm sure you understand the need for events like this better than anyone!

I have put together five more packs of awesome stuff like this:

(Please note T-Shirt sizes may vary as I'm running out of some sizes)

I will give a pack of awesome away to anyone who gives $25 to someone who has less than $50 of donations so far!

Post the URL back here when you've made your donation!

GO!!!!

Hey, James here. I am so grateful for all of the great times I have had thanks to TPR. It only makes sense to join Team TPR and have an awesome time and raising money for a great charity. I've been riding roller coasters ever since I was 7 and still going strong at the age of 21. This is just an awesome opportunity to help out my community as well as others. So why not help out by riding coasters for 6 hours.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/rolercstrluvr/CaliforniasGreatAmerica