TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Leviathan Bash! Canada's Wonderland

Will you be going to Leviathan Bash? (No need to vote if you're on the LeviaTHON tour)  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be going to Leviathan Bash? (No need to vote if you're on the LeviaTHON tour)

• HELL YES!!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question for all the CW locals, are the lines long enough then to merit spending the cash on the Fast Lane extension or not?

Personally, there's a reason I never go in the summer months--you can average three or four rides if you're lucky. Flight Deck's line can get to three or more hours. Even the line ups to get into the parking lot can be long. I only go in the summer if friends and family from out of town want to go and am so happy about the Fast Pass being available to make those trips bearable. I'd highly recommend a Fast Pass, especially at the discounted rate during the peak summer season. It's a no brainer.

Hope that helps

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Just a quick question for all the CW locals, are the lines long enough then to merit spending the cash on the Fast Lane extension or not?

On a Sunday in July it could potentially be Cedar Point like busy. Especially with Leviathan just opening this year. I highly recommend the fast lane ticket, especially at the discounted rate.

Personally, there's a reason I never go in the summer months--you can average three or four rides if you're lucky. Flight Deck's line can get to three or more hours. Even the line ups to get into the parking lot can be long. I only go in the summer if friends and family from out of town want to go and am so happy about the Fast Pass being available to make those trips bearable. I'd highly recommend a Fast Pass, especially at the discounted rate during the peak summer season. It's a no brainer.

Hope that helps

Busy? YES! But I think that saying you can make it on only three or four rides in one day is a bit of an overstatement, especially considering we have 2 hour long ERT sessions. Also, the park has some of the best ride operations I've seen and even with long lines, wait times for most of the bigger rides don't exceed an hour and a half.

You have to remember, Fast Pass is only offered on these 15 rides:

Backlot Stunt Coaster, Behemoth, Drop Tower, Flight Deck, Klockwerks, Leviathan, Minebuster, Nightmares, Orbiter, Psyclone, Shockwave, The Bat, Vortex, Wild Beast and Windseeker.

-Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck and The Bat are sh*tty clones you've most likely already done elsewhere.

-Behemoth and Leviathan will be included in the ERT sessions!

-Judging the ERT itinerary from the 2008 Behemoth Bash; Minebuster, Vortex and Backlot Stunt Coaster may be included in the ERT sessions.

-The itinerary for CWMANIA's Leviathan Event in May includes ERT on; Dragon Fire, Drop Tower, Wild Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster and Skyrider, so its possible we might see something similar.

Heres my run-down of expected wait times for a July weekend:

- Start at the back of the park and work your way forward.

- Vortex, Behemoth and Thunder Run rarely exceed a queue time of an hour and a half. Minebuster, Dragon Fire and Wild Beast all average out to be about an hour wait. Front seat rides usually add another 10 minutes to your wait.

- Flight Deck, Skyrider and The Bat queue times are all OVER an hour and a half regardless of the month or day of the week.

- Flat Rides (we have one of the most diverse and largest collections) all have long queue times although they are VERY MUCH worth the wait.

Final Statement:

If you are a credit whore or want to hit up all the flats then Fast Lane is probably a good idea. If you don't mind skipping out on some of the flats and the clones, then you can be rest assured that you'll be able to hit all the coasters in one day, especially since there are two amazing ERT sessions to be had!

Oh, and I almost forgot! Make some time to enjoy the beauty of the park. It really is quite something!

^ Thank you for this update. I think with the ERT sessions and the Fast Pass we'll be just fine. Last year on the North East Tour we were at Six Flags New England on a weekend day, had two hours of ERT, and the Flash Pass. We were able to do the whole park more than twice, but we hustled too.

^Exactly -- you'll definitely want one to get in the other coasters and the awesome flats. We are members here, of course we'll ride every coaster, clone or not

ERT will provide absolutely amazing sessions on Leviathan and Behemoth I'm sure. Plus if you're on the trip, you'll have Fast

Passes anyway. It's going to such a great day!

For those flying in, you may want to check for flights to Buffalo or Hamilton (Ontario). These typically have cheaper fares than flying in to Toronto. The only catch is that Buffalo is almost a 3 hour drive from the park and Hamilton is about an hour and a half drive away. Just putting that out there.

And if you live in/near Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, NYC, Burlington VT, or Myrtle Beach, Windsor ON, or larger Canadian cities you should definitely check http://www.flyporter.com. This is a smaller airline that typically is used by business people that lands at the smaller Toronto island airport rather than the international airport.

Psyched!

D

If you're considering Porter Air, be sure to hold off until they have another one of their promotional sales. They come up every month or two and have slashed fares up to 50% off in their most recent sale. They also provide free beer and wine on their flights

^^, ^ Have to agree. Porter is definitely a different kind of airline--it's shocking to think that an airline can be so personable, treat paying passengers so well and actually care. 50% off fares are fantastic deals and the free drinks are always a welcome bonus.

Plus, if you'll be adding on time to check out the city, there is no better airport location, complete with the world's shortest ferry ride.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Interested in checking out Toronto and Leviathan over Leviathan Bash Weekend?

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

I just found manageable flights for that weekend so I jumped on it. Gotta love when flights are $300 cheaper if it isn't nonstop but ends up going through the airport you're used to anyway, and pretty much half the price is taxes. Can't wait to get back up to Toronto, gotta check out the Hockey Hall of Fame and drink the ONE beer they have on tap at The Keg

Finally registered! Can't wait for this event.

Perhaps I am a bit too forward thinking, but will there be a "TPR" hotel with a special group rate or anything?

Also I doubt this is the right place for this but I'm looking to go to La Ronde the Friday before the Bash. Anyone else from out of town like me planning a Montreal side-trip?

I've tried searching this thread for "shirt" and "t shirt" and couldn't come across anything about t shirts for this event. Will people just attending the Bash get t shirts like most events or not? Not a big deal if we aren't, but just kind of popped in my mind today.

Stupid idea that would probably never happen at a place like CW because of safety reasons on a giga in a corporate park...but in looking at the Knoebels report with all of the glow-sticks and light sabres on Phoenix...

How about 'LeviaTron' with everyone waving blue light sabres or glow sticks during night ERT?

PS - With all lights off!