TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Greene Hills Amusement Park [RCT3]

Hello, My name is Jay Anderson. I have been an entrepreneur for over forty years. As a Georgian, I am extremely pleased to have the honor of being a part of a new amusement park forming in the rural Georgia city of Greene. I have a few photos of the property of 254 acres, before construction begins.

The property is full of trees, which will be very fundamental to the atmosphere.

Not only does the property feature beautiful lakes, but this image shows the hilly terrain.

The strong Georgia sun shines upon a lake near the future entrance.

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've begun construction on site, and we're shaping up to be open in March 1971! This is very exciting! Here are a few photos of our progress.

This will be our guest parking lot, it will be paved with lines soon.

Guests will enter from the parking lot through a cobble stone path.

For those who would like to take in the beautiful property, there is an opportunity to take a seat here.

Guests will enter the property though this breathtaking turnstile building.

This building will house a BBQ restaurant as well as Guest Services.

This outdoor eating area will house tables so that our guests may enjoy their meal outdoors.

I hope to have more soon.

Good start! I wonder what rides are going to come here, but I want to see if you can make a family park. Like, some major thrills, minor thrills, major family rides, minor family rides. If not, I bet I'll still LOVE IT.

(Exp. - Major Thrill - Giga, Minor Thrill - Top Spin, Major Family - Mine Train, Minor Family - Merry Go Round)

I feel like your trying to somewhat "re-create" Six Flags South Carolina. The design of the park is almost identical to it.

How can you say that? We've seen less then 10 pictures from him and there are no rides yet. Give him time.

I feel like your trying to somewhat "re-create" Six Flags South Carolina. The design of the park is almost identical to it.

How can you say that? We've seen less then 10 pictures from him and there are no rides yet. Give him time.

If you look at the first couple of pictures for SFSC, you'll see what I'm talking about.

^ I will not deny that almost 100% of the inspiration at this park is derived from SFSC. That park is breathtaking. But I assure you, this park will take a much different route.

---

It's only the beginning of the summer and we're already pretty well into construction. The first ride is already installed, alongside a new theater and restaurant! We've also finished some additional buildings:

While Sky Wheel is a very large ride, it won't be the tallest at the park.

Guests will get a very beautiful glimpse of the ride.

This ride will house some great memories for our guests.

Also peaking out of the entrance is our new theater and restaurant!

Blue House Theater and Fine Dining will be a key stop for all guests during their visit!

These buildings house a pizza shop, coffee stop, and a suvineir shop.

This garden is still not complete, but will be a great space to relax!

Nice development so far, but the watermarks are kind of silly. Either put them all in the same place in every image or don't use them at all.

Work is still progressing nicely, we've completed construction of our tallest ride, Parachute Flight! Guests will be able to see the park without any obstructions!

Not only does Parachute Flight 'peek' out, it truly STANDS out!

The ride towers over 100ft!

Guests will be able to see the sight of our biggest attraction, which will be located here.

See you soon!

^ Thanks Cole!

---

We're still hard at work on the park, including a lot of landscaping for our main attraction!

I was able to get a snapshot of the skyline at dusk.

Greene Swings is the newest addition to the lineup.

Parachute Flight still dominates the midway.

So much clearing, so little time!

I'll have quite a bit more construction next time!

Construction continues to progress on our still un-named log flume. We're taking suggestions for names.

Guests will see this amazing sight as they walk down the midway.

The flume will feature 2,500ft. of water filled fun, as well as two lifts and two drops.

When it opens, it will be the world's tallest log flume at 72ft!

Georgian Twist is a classic Tilt-A-Whirl that will throw families back to the days of the state fair.

A view from the top of Parachute Flight.

More soon!

1970 - End of Construction

I cannot believe how much work we've completed in just under six months. The park as you see it now, will be as it is on opening day, which is March 7, 1970. We cannot wait to see you all there!

Southern Splashdown is now complete, and even tested today!

Lots of themed elements went into Southern Splashdown, making it an amazing ride!

Thunder Bobs were also added, these will be lots of fun!

Gainesville tornado was named after the 1936 tornado in Georgia.

This lovely mall boasts three restaurants, and quite a few shops for our guests to enjoy, all in an open air market!

We can't wait to see you walk through those gates!

It's official, the park is open! After a year of hard work in 1970, Greene Hills Amusment Park is now open, and we have a nice little video for you all to see:

Fast Feet is a guest favorite, as it offers a classic dining experience with great food!

The midways look even better with guests!

Guests have been clamoring over Sky Wheel!

Greene Swings didn't get as much of a response, but guests certainly love them!

We want you to splash into the tallest log flume at Greene Hills in 1971!

The park is looking great! Although I would say your buildings need more depth and layers to them as they are looking rather blocky at the moment also try and mix some of your sets up as all I’m seeing from your buildings is Shy Guys Main Street sets.

These buildings are great!

This one not so much. (The green one in the far right)

Everything else is looking very good though, I for one cant wait for more!

Jake

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the hiatus! I've been quite overwhelmed with a few other things going on in my life. But, I'm back!

---

We're already nearing the end of our first season of operations. Can you believe it? We're already deep into our planning for the coming season!

Today was a fairly empty day.

Southern Splashdown won't be the only full-circuit attraction come next year!

Parachute drop will still be the tallest, though.

This is our new first aid building!

Myself, standing alongside John Allen and our Projects development leader, Tim Rey. Checking out our new prospects!

This midway is truly beautiful.

More soon!