TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An episode of CSI from a few years ago featured what looks like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat coaster as one of the case's main elements. Grissom and the coaster's maintenance guy also have a conversation about The beast and Son of Beast at the end.

They used Screaming Mummy from Pharoh's Lost Kingdom in that one.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=142&linkid=1481

An episode of CSI from a few years ago featured what looks like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat coaster as one of the case's main elements. Grissom and the coaster's maintenance guy also have a conversation about The beast and Son of Beast at the end.

They used Screaming Mummy from Pharoh's Lost Kingdom in that one.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=142&linkid=1481

I think I saw that one a few weeks ago. Too bad I only saw the beginning of it.

It's a flat ride, but there's a sex scene involving an Eyerly Rock-o-Plane in "The Jerk"! Awesome.

"Gosh! You have my last name tattooed right there under the j's! First I get my name in the phone book and now I'm on your ass! You know, I bet more people see that then the phone book."

I love that movie.

--Robb

The Jerk was very funny movie that i seen it before and yeah they had sex in the Rock-O-Plane cage. Actually like the Rock-O-Plane filmed "Star Kid" the movie.

Also movie The Jerk. I seen a delete scene filmed was Steve Martin take on rode the Round Up so he got stuck on the wall and they can't get off.

I found a roller coaster filmed "Digging to China" A 11 year old girl Harriet live with her alcoholic mother and her sister Gwen who owner a motel. She has be friend with mentally person Ricky (Kevin Bacon) who grown up a retard man but Harriet spend time with him in around the motel, school and they went to Santa's Land Theme Park in Cherokee, North Carolina. They rode the Rudi-Coaster, Ferris Wheel, Helicopter and Train also they stolen a bunch of balloons from seller stand. The real motel also just look like a tee-pee shaped cabin that called Mac's Indian Village an abandoned cabin in Cherokee, NC. Did you watched Kevin Bacon the Digging to China movie?

It's a flat ride, but there's a sex scene involving an Eyerly Rock-o-Plane in "The Jerk"! Awesome.

"Gosh! You have my last name tattooed right there under the j's! First I get my name in the phone book and now I'm on your a$$! You know, I bet more people see that then the phone book."

I love that movie.

--Robb

I never got over the cat juggling in that movie.

In the sci-fi show Farscape, someone is hanging off the track of the Big Dipper, which was formerly the arrow looper at Luna Park Sydney, and now is Cyclone at Dreamworld, a 1000 kms north.

I've also seen SFMM Deja Vu in the background in Buffy episode, and SFMM's Viper was featured heavily in an episode of the original version of 90210 (I was just watching it for the coaster, I swear).

I LOVE the Jerk. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a shame that Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters don't see each other anymore, because they had great onscreen chemistry.

Back on topic, the first movie that comes to my mind is 1977's Rollercoaster, which has been mentioned a couple of times already. It's the story of an extortionist who uses bombs to make coasters crash, and a ride inspector who helps the law try and catch him.

It's a very interesting concept, that unfortunately wasn't utilized to its full potential. Part of this is because the movie is hijacked near the end by a totally pointless concert scene with the group SPARKS, which was actually intended for KISS, before they turned it down.

I personally would like to see them remake this movie, and try to rectify the issues of the original.

Back on topic, the first movie that comes to my mind is 1977's Rollercoaster, which has been mentioned a couple of times already. It's the story of an extortionist who uses bombs to make coasters crash, and a ride inspector who helps the law try and catch him.

It's a very interesting concept, that unfortunately wasn't utilized to its full potential. Part of this is because the movie is hijacked near the end by a totally pointless concert scene with the group SPARKS, which was actually intended for KISS, before they turned it down.

I personally would like to see them remake this movie, and try to rectify the issues of the original.

I love this film. I don't really support a remake though. I've given it thought to the point of imagining who would be cast to what role. Actors like Widmark, Fonda, Bottoms and Segal are not easily replaceable.

/Also sings 'Big Boy' along with Sparks.

//Also adored young Helen Hunt as well.

///four words: Steve Guttenberg movie debut

I love this film. I don't really support a remake though. I've given it thought to the point of imagining who would be cast to what role. Actors like Widmark, Fonda, Bottoms and Segal are not easily replaceable.

/Also sings 'Big Boy' along with Sparks.

//Also adored young Helen Hunt as well.

///four words: Steve Guttenberg movie debut

Maybe remake was the wrong word. I think a re-imaging of this film would be interesting, because I do still like the original, despite the flaws I pointed out (Big Boy is a catchy song, I'll give you that).

I don't know who could do George Segal's part, but for some reason I can see Cripsin Glover playing the bomber.

The Jerk was very funny movie that i seen it before and yeah they had sex in the Rock-O-Plane cage. Actually like the Rock-O-Plane filmed "Star Kid" the movie.

Also movie The Jerk. I seen a delete scene filmed was Steve Martin take on rode the Round Up so he got stuck on the wall and they can't get off.

Over the years there were a LOT of scenes that ended up getting deleted from The Jerk. Years ago I remember watching the movie on a local TV station in West Virginia and pretty much the ENTIRE carnival scenes were edited out ( I assume because of the content ). To watch The Jerk, its best to see it totally unedited. Good movie though today its dated.

The long defunct Glen Echo Amusement Park outside Washington DC made an appearance in the classic sitcom Gomer Pyle USMC back in the late 60s. Not only did the show had scenes of their famous Coaster Dips coaster but lots of shots of the rides too.

Since Glen Echo closed in 1968, they must have filmed the show there very close to the end of that park's existance..as an amusement park.

Interesting a few years back when I visited Glen Echo I visited their main office and actually brought up the Gomer Pyle episode since the guy there went on about how "so little film is out there of Glen Echo when they were an amusement park" They had no idea their place was featured in a sitcom and a popular one at that !!!!

Add "Adventureland" to the list. The movie isn't out yet but from looking at the trailer, it looks like quite a bit was filmed at Kennywood. You can see the trailer HERE.

BTW... this is my first post on TPR but I've been reading for years, despite what my join date may tell you (I rejoined before posting to change username).

In the Woody Allen film Vicky Cristina Barcelona, they visit Tibidabo and the (now ex) Galaxi credit is seen as well as things like the Airdiver, Plane-on-a-Stick and Ferris Wheel.

Yeah, I'm just watching it now and went "OMG CREDIT I HAVE!!!111!!1!!"

• 2 months later...

This is technically coaster-y, so I figured this`d be the right forum for this.

Maybe some of you are familiar with a sitcom that used to be on Disney (I guess it is syndicated somewhere now) called Boy Meets World. I grew up watching this; absolutely loved it. One time, years later, I noticed on the TV guide that it was on so I tuned in. Turned out to be the episode where Cory and Feeny ride a coaster called The Last Ride to prove their adventuresomeness, and I immediately recognized all the Magic Mountain rides they used to film it!

Whether you have never heard of the show or are a big fan, I know that TPR guys and gals will love (and appreciate) this hilarious clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOX3ZCSjLe8

^^I'm also pretty sure we don't need you "backseat moderating" either.

He was just trying to share a video that is theme park related with the rest of us. No need to crucify him.

Thank you for finding this video!