TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

here are just a few I remember...

House on haunted hill- The Hulk

Bring it On: In it To Win It- Dueling Dragons

Knocked Up- Silver Bullet

Final Destination 3- Corkscrew (playland)

Fear- Wooden Roller Coaster (playland)

They also show bits of "Coaster" at Playland in Final Destination 3.

Don't forget the movie Rollercoaster with Rocket (Ocean View Amusement Park) Rebel Yell (KD), and Revolution (SFMM)!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a thread already but anyway I can't believe no one mentioned Giant Dipper at SCBB in The Lost Boys and also in Dangerous Minds. I rode the Giant Dipper back in April and it was neat to ride something with so much history and also a coaster I had seen in The Lost Boys tons of times!

here's one that maybe no one has heard of---

anyone ever seen the movie "A Mighty Wind"? It's a part of a series of Mock-U-Mentaries (The three movies in the series are Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, and Waiting for Guffman).. it's a HILARIOUS movie, as well as all the others, and I'd highly recommend seeing them! As far as the coaster cameo--you see.....

DEJA VU!!!

I can't tell which park it's in, I'm thinking it might be the one at SFGAm.. but I'm not quite sure. So yeah, check out that movie! It's a hilarious movie--with a coaster cameo! Does it get much better??

It is actually from SFMM, you can see Psyclone as well since it was filmed in front of the pathway that leads to those coasters. What was Deja Vu name in that again? Dragon Whip or something?

• 3 months later...
Viper (SFMM) - True Romance, Encino Man, Space Cowboys

"Rollercoaster" - a few (Revolution, Thunder Road, Ocean View Park)

"Spy Kids 2" - Titan, Batman The Ride (SFOT)

"Richie Rich" - Iron Wolf (SFGAm)

"National Lapoons Vacation" - Revolution, Colossus (SFMM)

West Coaster (Pacific Park) - In alot of TV shows and films

and lots more .. but I'm tired.

I always thought the coaster in Richie Rich was Vortex at Carowinds. Since the house shots were of the Biltmore estate in NC...I'm actually pretty sure it was Vortex.

I always thought the coaster in Richie Rich was Vortex at Carowinds. Since the house shots were of the Biltmore estate in NC...I'm actually pretty sure it was Vortex.

No, it's definitely Iron Wolf.

From Wikipedia:

The house and grounds at which Richie Rich is filmed are those of the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. The roller coaster in the back yard is the Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America.

I work with summer camps and when activities get rained out we sometimes get stuck inside watching movies, I watched that movie probably 3-4 times this summer and I am positive that it's Iron Wolf.

Denver's Elitch Gardens ( Mr. Twister & The Wildcat ) were featured in the 1972 Sci-Fi/Horror Telly Savalas flick "Visions Of Death". Good Luck in trying to find this movie unedited. Back in the mid 70's The Kroger Supermarket chain I believe sued the movie people because the movie featured a number of scenes of the King Soopers supermarket chain however it was done without the permisson by Kroger.

Olsen Twins movies "Our Lips are Sealed" was filmed in Sydney, South Wales, Australia with the Big Dipper in Luna Park at Sydney.

Beverly Hill Cop III filmed at Great America but Dragon Wagon, Miner Mike and few kiddie rides are traveling carnival with Butler Amusements also my father is worked for the Butler Amusements in long time ago.

An episode of CSI from a few years ago featured what looks like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat coaster as one of the case's main elements. Grissom and the coaster's maintenance guy also have a conversation about The beast and Son of Beast at the end.