TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Control Panel Enthusiast Thread

Does anybody, by chance, have a picture of one of the Mr Freezes' main panel?

I don't think this is the main panel, but I did find this in the Park Index.

That is the Launch Panel. The button on the top left is E-stop, top right is Ride Stop. Bottom left is Park Train, this is used after a ride stop (when ride stop is used the train parks before the transfer table) this fires off some of the LIMs and pushes the train onto the table. The middle button is the Remote Table Transfer, this button when used in conjunction with table transfer selector switch at the main panel allows the either transfer table to be moved either from load to launch position or launch to load position. The ride transfers automatically after a cycle is complete. The final button is the Launch Enable button, when used in conjunction with the Launch buttons on the main panel this launches the train (obviously). Unfortunately since I'm still currently employed by the park I can't provide a picture of the main panel as that violates company policy. It's not overly complicated. Two launch buttons. Two transfer track selector switches, one for each side. Then everything else is a typical panel setup, including Block Lights, Station "A" Area, Launch Area, Free Running Area, Boost Area, and Station "B" Area.

Wow, thanks for all the info!

Just curious, how does taking a picture of a control panel violate company policy?

Company policy prohibits the posting of pictures of areas that are not accessible to the general public including maintenance areas, storage areas, employee areas, and ect. The panel at Freeze is one of those gray areas that either they would be fine with or they aren't since it technically is an employee only area. So as to not put my current employment at risk I will not post the picture at this time.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Does anybody, by chance, have a picture of one of the Mr Freezes' main panel?

I don't think this is the main panel, but I did find this in the Park Index.

That is the Launch Panel. The button on the top left is E-stop, top right is Ride Stop. Bottom left is Park Train, this is used after a ride stop (when ride stop is used the train parks before the transfer table) this fires off some of the LIMs and pushes the train onto the table. The middle button is the Remote Table Transfer, this button when used in conjunction with table transfer selector switch at the main panel allows the either transfer table to be moved either from load to launch position or launch to load position. The ride transfers automatically after a cycle is complete. The final button is the Launch Enable button, when used in conjunction with the Launch buttons on the main panel this launches the train (obviously). Unfortunately since I'm still currently employed by the park I can't provide a picture of the main panel as that violates company policy. It's not overly complicated. Two launch buttons. Two transfer track selector switches, one for each side. Then everything else is a typical panel setup, including Block Lights, Station "A" Area, Launch Area, Free Running Area, Boost Area, and Station "B" Area.

Wow, thanks for all the info!

Just curious, how does taking a picture of a control panel violate company policy?

Company policy prohibits the posting of pictures of areas that are not accessible to the general public including maintenance areas, storage areas, employee areas, and ect. The panel at Freeze is one of those gray areas that either they would be fine with or they aren't since it technically is an employee only area. So as to not put my current employment at risk I will not post the picture at this time.

At 2:07, you can get a decent view of the main panel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I feel I should make a contribution to this forum, so here goes.

943411534_BigThunderMountainPanel.png.2f2a5768c38f2e1f40df840b59eb7d44.png

Here's one of the front remote consoles for Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland.

569936130_BigThunderPanelZoom1.png.b743737a89d578d98af9aa3433e640c4.png

Here's a zoom of the center of the Panel

479449519_BigThunderPanel2.png.450efad09cf26de2cef2b8f73b5bb9b4.png

Here's a zoom of the left side of the panel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's the moment you've all been waiting for....Superman Ultimate Flight at SFGAm!! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I apologize for not listing what the various buttons control as others have done - today was a rather long day at work.

Thank you so much for these! Question: What does "harness latch" mean in comparison to "harness lock"?

The B&M flying coaster restraint system is unique in that it consists of pins extending from either side of the harness that extend into a ratchet system on either side of each seat. When the train is downloaded (all the people are off) and the next group is on, the operator presses the "latch harness" button which partially extends these pins so the restraint can be tightened, but not released (The ends of the pins are angled to allow for this). As the attendants are checking each row, the operator can select rows they've already checked and press the "lock harness" button, which extends the pins about an inch on each side to secure the restraint so it cannot be moved up or down. The PanelView screen shows each seat and whether the pins have successfully extended. If not, the operator calls out the seat number and the attendant basically gives the restraint an additional push so that the pins can fully extend. Of course, the train can only be dispatched once all seats are shown as "locked", unless they are bypassed by maintenance (as you can see is the case with row 2 seat 4)

The B&M flying coaster restraint system is unique in that it consists of pins extending from either side of the harness that extend into a ratchet system on either side of each seat. When the train is downloaded (all the people are off) and the next group is on, the operator presses the "latch harness" button which partially extends these pins so the restraint can be tightened, but not released (The ends of the pins are angled to allow for this). As the attendants are checking each row, the operator can select rows they've already checked and press the "lock harness" button, which extends the pins about an inch on each side to secure the restraint so it cannot be moved up or down. The PanelView screen shows each seat and whether the pins have successfully extended. If not, the operator calls out the seat number and the attendant basically gives the restraint an additional push so that the pins can fully extend. Of course, the train can only be dispatched once all seats are shown as "locked", unless they are bypassed by maintenance (as you can see is the case with row 2 seat 4)

Very interesting to learn. B&M hyper have a similar though simpler version of this. Unlike inverts or other OTSRS models, hyper will "lock" the harness while open (as you may have noticed if you've ever tried in vain to pull the harness down before the op has enabled you to do so).

The reason is simple: so you have something to brace against while standing up, particularly while be evaced off the lift.

^Very cool! I never knew that, but it makes sense. And the lock out isn't as bad as it looks in the picture - there's plenty of room to maneuver around it. During track walks before and after the park opens, it is locked with a padlock, employees must attach their nametags to the lock, and also place a plastic stop sign looking object over the right dispatch switch. That way, hopefully, no one would find a way to operate.

Edited by Millennium310