TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Control Panel Enthusiast Thread

Deja Vu/Afterschock also has secondary panels I dot have pictures of. But they're pretty simple. Two buttons, a red Estop and a green push button. At the panel closest to the console, they're "dispatch" button locks the operators gate. At the other end of the station it locks the ops gate and then holding it allows the cycle to start.

So I was looking through some of my pictures and found this:

[attachment=0]Operator cabinet 3.JPG[/attachment]

This is what the inside tends to look like.

-Brian

Brian -- feel free to post as many as you can! I love checking these out.

When you worked at Consign, did another company fabricate your panels for you, or were those done in house?

How about now at IOE?

-=CoasterBP

Brian -- feel free to post as many as you can! I love checking these out.

When you worked at Consign, did another company fabricate your panels for you, or were those done in house?

How about now at IOE?

-=CoasterBP

Yes we had a panel shop when I worked at Consign. I am also using one for panel fabrication too, as they are far better at than I am . We produce all of the drawings and equipment list while they do the actual fabrication as per our specifications. And it leaves me free to concentrate on the engineering side.

-Brian

Here's a few more I found:

PIC-0154.jpg.953b3a69815ef362120b1027ba15393e.jpg

Carowinds Touchscreen

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.4747e649eac5636da9faf53e082ef82d.JPG

CGA Gold Striker transfer panel

Mvc-007f.thumb.jpg.072bd8823b4a1f11aa9765f544b513ef.jpg

DP Talon

PB300005.thumb.JPG.b3d44e37586a3d9210c8d51c83f47c84.JPG

Six Flags New Orleans inverted 1 of 2

PB300006.thumb.JPG.ca2a98ecdd21171147bb4b878b82b078.JPG

Six Flags New Orleans inverted 2 of 2

PIC-0005.thumb.jpg.9c34a63d1b174a75b1d708865f60819d.jpg

Valleyfair Renegade touchscreen

Brian, theses are completely cool. Thanks for sharing them. Did you guys get my email?

I see "Maintenance Bypass" on all Consign panels... trying to figure out what that does?...

-=CoasterBP

Maintenance Bypass does a couple of things, the first is it allows maintenance personnel to dispatch a train using only the dispatch enable buttons at the main panel(This feature is not used when guest are on the ride and is only used for testing or parking trains). Another thing it does is allows the transfer track to be used, the ride will not allow the transfer track to move unless the main panel is in Maintenance Bypass. The last thing that this mode does is allow the switch from Manual Mode and Auto mode(Manual Mode on most roller coasters is only used by maintenance, during normal operation the ride is running in auto mode).

The invert panel from Six Flags New Orleans is almost exactly like the main panel of Batman at SFSTL. The only difference is Batman has two switches at the top of the green side of the panel, the theme audio and a microphone switch.

TNT, you were right about the single person dispatch but actually maintenance bypass generally only has one other function. That is it allows the lift also to be started by only one person. Transfer and manual modes can be used without maintenance bypass, but not all maintenance people believe me on that. For some reason (probably because we put maintenance on the key) it's often believed that key switch does a lot more. I've had the hardest time in training convincing maintenance they don't need to use that key .

We may have used that key for another function or two but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

-Brian

^Makes sense. When I operated Silver Bullet at KBF, I never saw maintenance use the Maintenance Bypass key unless they were running the lift for their morning PM of the chain. Transfer mode was turned on and off by operators.

All of the above goes back to what I said about the difference between SF and CF parks. At SFOG we were never allowed to add or remove trains. Maintenance had to be called.

Additionally, I remember my Supervisor using his key to turn the 'Maintenance Bypass' keyswitch at GASM to start the lift without needing a person on the lift. He also used it to reset a Ride Stop.

I don't mean to bug, but can someone please help me find some nice and clear pictures of all of Afterburn and Intimidator at Carowinds' buttons and controls. I'm studying the mechanical and electrical part of rides and it would be awesome if you could help find Millennium Force and Gatekeeper too.

I don't mean to bug, but can someone please help me find some nice and clear pictures of all of Afterburn and Intimidator at Carowinds' buttons and controls. I'm studying the mechanical and electrical part of rides and it would be awesome if you could help find Millennium Force and Gatekeeper too.

Intimidator:

Out of curiosity... For any of these, if there was a need to (for instance) lock out the final brake run, so a train can't enter the station, is there a procedure for that or is it just not done? For the coasters I've ran, we have some metal boxes that we use to cover the brake release buttons to keep someone from pressing either of them, that is then locked to the face of the console. Are we the only people that do anything like that?

Out of curiosity... For any of these, if there was a need to (for instance) lock out the final brake run, so a train can't enter the station, is there a procedure for that or is it just not done? For the coasters I've ran, we have some metal boxes that we use to cover the brake release buttons to keep someone from pressing either of them, that is then locked to the face of the console. Are we the only people that do anything like that?

At GateKeeper you can go into the menu on the touch screen and stop the train in any block. We did that when doing block checks, although you might need to be in manual mode to do so. Or if you don't want the train to enter the station, just let go of the advance and dispatch button.