TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "TPR Klassy Kruise" 2012 Update Thread!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get what you pay for I guess, I've been a RCCL cruise and wasn't overly impressed, not a terrible experience but nothing all that special. I also went on a Carnival with a bunch of old college friends, we were all drunk half the cruise and had a pretty good time.

I wonder if the level of quality and service on any of Carnival's newer ships and longer voyages is any better? The RCCL cruise that I wasn't overly impressed with was a 3 day cruise on one of their oldest ships and I'm sure the experience I had wasn't quite what you get on a 7 day sailing on the Oasis of the Seas.

I think this thread could use a little more Klass now, don't you?

Breakfast on the Klassy Kruise. While these items may look familiar, the actual food contents may surprise you! Guess what you think these items are. Best guess will win something Klassy!

Whatever happens on the Klassy Kruise... Its Reed's fault!

They served "French" fries, "French" dressing, "French" toast, and sparkling water!

To complete the "Carnival = Golden Corral" food comparison... Yes, they have a chocolate wonderfall on the ship!!!

The 1970s Las Vegas neon is totally hypnotic! I'll be here the rest of the cruise staring at it!

This was the Klassy Kruise hairy chest and fat gut competition. What we saw cannot be unseen!

"Am I on a Carnival Klassy Kruise ship or Golden Corral?" You decide!!!

We are honestly not sure what today's mystery meat is! It's supposed to be some kind of "steak" but none of us can identify the animal!

A cup of urine or salad dressing? You decide!!!

It only took three days for Elissa to get plain pasta! Apparently this is a difficult to make, exotic dish on Carnival!

Oh, no! KidTums has been attacked by Funship Freddie! She's going to need therapy the rest of her life!

Edited by robbalvey

It really has been an amazing cruise. I know a lot of people think we are only looking for the bad, and we are making half of this stuff up but all of it is true! This ship really has had the worst food I've ever had, and the worst dinning service. The servers actually seemed to give up on getting the orders right. Last night they showed up with about four soups and just said, "soup?" People who wanted soups would just raise their hand, and then they would walk over to the other table and ask them if they wanted soup. Also, the lemon plate was REAL! I asked for a lemonade (everyone heard me clearly), and he actually brought me a plate of lemons! This is an amazing experience to say the least.

_MG_1294.jpg.9cad63855bb88fe0f1aa7bd90904bdd9.jpg

In this game, he had to put a quarter up his butt and drop it in a cup.

_MG_1898.jpg.c1ea76b5fb088c7b89853c79681e24af.jpg

Another day, still in his robe.

_MG_1329.jpg.b4954355e1fc6b6fb52ab81b09738c73.jpg

Anyone want yellow slices of onions?

I've really enjoyed following all of this klassiness unfold. I've never been on a cruise, so I'm obviously sub-n00b level as far as cruise ships go, but they make these cruises look so nice on the commercials. They cleverly hide all the overweight people and gross food. They must have a great marketing team!

So Joey - you know what they say...

"When you find yourself with just lemons..."

But then again - it's kind of redundant

since you were asking for lemonade, LOL!

Very Klassy, indeed.

Seriously guys?

Why don't you try a classy cruise on one of carnivals newer and bigger ship?

I was just on the carnival pride and we had a blast, it wasn't by any means perfect but not nearly as bad as the experience you are having.

It must only be on there older smaller ships?

^I for one am glad they are on the krappiest kruise ship ever. Not because I want to see them suffer, but because it makes a wonderful PTR and is entertaining for the entire TPR community. This is easily becoming one of my favorite PTRs on the site ever.

I enjoy reading all of the tpr tr but this one is hands down the most entertaining ever. I was at work today and was actually counting down the time until I could go home and check to see if there had been any updates. Way to take one for the team everyone on the klassy kruise.

Seriously guys?

Why don't you try a classy cruise on one of carnivals newer and bigger ship?

I was just on the carnival pride and we had a blast, it wasn't by any means perfect but not nearly as bad as the experience you are having.

It must only be on there older smaller ships?

The quality of service is the same on all Carnival ships. Their standard operating procedures are the same fleet-wide. If the product that Carnival produces is what satisfies you, GREAT.

We think it sucks.

--Robb

It really has been an amazing cruise. I know a lot of people think we are only looking for the bad, and we are making half of this stuff up but all of it is true! This ship really has had the worst food I've ever had, and the worst dinning service. The servers actually seemed to give up on getting the orders right. Last night they showed up with about four soups and just said, "soup?" People who wanted soups would just raise their hand, and then they would walk over to the other table and ask them if they wanted soup. Also, the lemon plate was REAL! I asked for a lemonade (everyone heard me clearly), and he actually brought me a plate of lemons! This is an amazing experience to say the least.

I believe you. I don't think anybody could make this crap up if they tried. This is seriously the most entertaining TR I've ever read.

Time for another "Klassy" update

Is it just me or does Funship Freddie look like he has to pee really bad???

Caption contest! Come up with the best caption for Renee and you can win something Klassy!

Why do we keep getting roped into doing Klassy stuff on this Kruise???

Piers has found the woman that will turn him straight!!!

Here is tonight's dining room menu...

LIKE if you think we should try Carmival Aligator!

For "elegant night" TPR looks really Klassy!

Renee has holy powers and can turn water into wine!

Now THAT... Is actually classy!

"What the hell??? I only have TWO bottles of wine???"

This might be the cutest picture we've taken the entire cruise.

Since the dinner service was so bad, we are making a game out of it. Everyone puts $1 in the pot, and the last person to get their meal... Wins!!!

Jack & Jacqi are our first losers in the appetizer round.

TP Dave won the jackpot in the appetizer round!

Dave, Reed, and Jacqui won a 3-way split for never getting their 2nd appetizers. Seriously, the service is beyond awful.

Vote now! Does my prime rib look more like Mickey or Stitch?

No matter how much you dress us up, we're always "Klassy!"

Yes! The most awesome "Klassy" Icebat photo taken with the cruise director staff!

Renee knocked out an awesome Ke$ha song at Klassy Karaoke!

Renee & Reed killed it with Love the way you lie by Rihanna & Eminem.... Except that Reed did the Rihanna part!

Renee & Reed totally had Klassy fans!

I wish I could get the four minutes of my life back when Garbles and Colin sang DJ's got us Fallin in love again.

TPR FB USERS! Help Renee decide which guy she will sleep with tonight! Will it be Garbles (left) or TPDave (Right). Choose now! (Please vote for TP Dave!)

Oh, yum! Gotta love those Klassy Kruisers!

I suggest the Carnival Valor for the next Klassy Kruise.

Why?

-You WILL get lost.

-You WILL get cancer.

-You WILL get bored.

-You WILL laugh at the dress code.

Though I have heard the Valor has the best food/service in the fleet.