TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Facebook Page Cover Photo Contest

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I actually prefer the original. And that last one is very busy.

Anyway, worked on this design a little more. But going to start over and try something different.

TPR-Facebook2.jpg.458d5fea41db29ea7ae576b63d79f475.jpg

Original

TPR-Facebook2NoDetail.jpg.db76a9916e1389458f7ed203cbe88404.jpg

Removed Images, just the shapes now.

TPR-Facebook2BG.jpg.514dce925ffc97d655ff7b9f0ee34a41.jpg

Background image if desired.

Well, I have some ideas, but I unfortunately can't execute them right now. Here is a rough draft of one of them, though. I really like the original Cover Photo that was up, and I know some others have said it too. So, I figured this would be a way to keep that and add a bit of "branding" to it, and still keep it simple at the same time.

Please note: I can't get into my computer that has Illustrator and Photoshop on it right now, so this very rough draft was thrown together in Paint. Not in anyway a final draft or anything. I just figured if the idea was liked, someone else could do it for real, unless I happen to be able to get into one of my old computers before then.

TPRtimeline.png.a27746d07a80a2a2ba0001f6067c1bb9.png

It's simplistic, but that's what (in my opinion) makes for a nicer design. Besides, you want visitors to focus on the videos, links, and text below the cover, not the cover itself. The cover's only there as a reconfirmation as to what page they clicked on.

I know you also said you'd prefer to avoid the photo being solely coaster(s), but in my defense, the majority of your target audience is probably a collection of coaster enthusiasts. Although their interests probably also include theme parks, thrill rides, etc., coasters are their primary hobby.

Just my opinions, anyhow.

So much talent around here. I really just wanted to get the imagination kicked up a notch

@ILoveRides ... nice stuff. Think Fibonacci spiral with your design. It helps with balance & flow. You're close (but you don't have to take it literally).

I may have some time this weekend to incorporate the general consensus.

I'm between these two...

cover22screenshot.jpg.9b863848c610c1419672e78b889e99fa.jpg

The older version. I like its simplicity.

cover24screenshot.jpg.3a032ea319971f804b9fa0c5bf618013.jpg

Newest version. Not as simple, but does a better job of illustrating the tag line. (Note: The gallery images wouldn't rotate - I tried to pick ones that could last awhile)

Edited by ILoveRides

^That looks pretty darn amazing!

But you have to remember that TPR is one big family and the cover photo should have a sense of family to it... Might I suggest this lovely portrait (that Bryan had long forgotten about) to convey the message properly...

But in all seriousness, I really love where you're taking this! Keep up the awesome work!

9535_1152433126666_1102770031_30451725_5869774_n.jpg.cf93a9bea3f12b5c5db6792fd781d3ec.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a longtime lurker of this site, and I saw this opportunity, and I love doing stuff like this, so I decided to join the site, and here's my stab at it. I'm definitely taking the "simple" side, and I'm not sure if it's flashy enough. Hmm. And the font is kind of questionable. Feedback is appreciated!