TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Facebook Page Cover Photo Contest

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take two, now adhering to the rules set down by the Facebook gods.

tprcover.png.578f975a9dd317a8590fdae959100154.png

I know that the Magic Donkey picture is really dark, but the third bubble could be changed to "FUN!" instead of "DONKEYS!".

Here is one idea I had. Kinda illustrating the point that TPR is a worldwide community.

TPR-Facebook.jpg.5e98327d2ab6d909782f81ef7013f2b8.jpg

I'm going to start over on a different design however. One that fits the TPR "theme" more. Thought I'd share this though,

Some feedback. This is going to be a bit short, only because I have a date with random people at World of Beer in a little while....

Looks too amateurish. Sort of all over the place. I'm really thinking that we're looking something more "iconic" (like our Club TPR Logo) than a montage of stuff. I'm also not sure we want to have as many things with limited shelf life, like the tours, as that will require us to change the cover photo quite a bit.

I see where you're going with this - like the concept. But not a fan of this specific design.

Here's a question to throw out there - does the cover photo need to have the TPR logo in it? Or will that go in the smaller profile pic? I'm not sure I know the answer....

My favorite so far. Even though I'm not fan of the "montage", it seems to work here. I'll be honest that I'm not sure I'd go with this one...but it's certainly my favorite of the batch. Not exactly sure what I'd say to change. But maybe take another stab at it?

I also like this - but I feel it looks a *bit* amateurish - just not very polished, and I feel there is too much empty space.

Like the concept and the ideas behind it. For some reason I see this and I think "jesus christ superstar" and that kind of turns me off. (Not the Andrew Lloyd Webber part - the son of god part.) I'm a fan of the idea, not a fan of the execution.

Overall - great first day! Love seeing all the good work! Keep it up guys!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

So here is my personal opinion which I know carries a ton of weight /sarcasm. Looking at Facebook pages from other companies, I don't see that the company logo adds any value to the cover photo. After all, one clicks on the link to the company FB page or its typed in. It's not like you can search by cover photo, so I say ditch the logo.

As I'm running through various cover designs of my own(yes I really will submit one and not backseat critique), the logo just seems out of place given the current profile pic. Granted there is one that I have conceptualized that it *might* work on and takes a cue from the re-designed front page, but even at that it looks too web pagish and not facebookish.

Take it for what you will

Here's a question to throw out there - does the cover photo need to have the TPR logo in it? Or will that go in the smaller profile pic? I'm not sure I know the answer....

I actually like this idea a lot. I think if you use the TPR logo for the profile pic and keep it out of the cover design, that you could get a lot cleaner look.

Honestly, I really like the Olympia Looping photo that you have up there right now. I think any sort of "montage" or collection of photos that you have as a cover photo will get dated after a while and will require updating.

Here's what I like about the current cover photo. Olympia Looping makes me think of Oktoberfest, which makes me think of beer and fun, which makes me think of TPR. I know that's a lot of connecting the dots, but I think you get my point. That picture says a lot.

Out of the examples you linked to, my favorites were the ones that were simple images (i.e. Starbucks, Facebook, etc.). Most of the montage examples made the page seem cluttered.

If anything, maybe someone could Photoshop the iconic TPR donkey in front of the photo somewhere, as if it were jumping into the shot to say hello.

I wanted to keep it really simple and to the point. I almost put a picture of a Carrabbas but ended up using one of the media day photos from i305.

Or as mentioned, sans logo.

Honestly, I really like the Olympia Looping photo that you have up there right now. I think any sort of "montage" or collection of photos that you have as a cover photo will get dated after a while and will require updating.

I was about to mention this, I like it as well, but with it, and quite honestly most any other cover photo that's posted, the profile pic makes the cover photo look out of place somewhat

More comments....

It's almost "too much roller coaster", if that makes any sense. And I know what I currently put up as a temp thing is also "just a roller coaster", but like someone mentioned, that image of Olympia Looping kind of says a lot more than just "roller coaster."

It's like taking our "wanting something iconic" to an extreme. It's just the words. And it has them twice. Once in the cover photo, once in the profile pic. Looking for more "iconic", like this: http://www.facebook.com/xbox

I absolutely love it, and think it's hilarious...it's just not right for the FB page. As "fun" as I want TPR to be conveyed...this is almost too silly.

Some of these are really cool: http://gizmodo.com/5882794/how-to-hack-your-facebook-profile-photo-with-timeline

Edited by robbalvey

When I saw the picture dimensions I immediately got an idea, turned out I could not get the right picture so I made another that gave the atmosphere I wanted to go for. I will just show you because maybe someone does have the right picture or it can give someone an idea

1148081840_TPRFBidea.jpg.d8fcc511fee16cf68fd1c12b35aa2eae.jpg

The Idea I had was of a brass ring carrousel (what could be more fun) which dispences the TPR Facebook icon. But this one turned out just to be a picture of Elissa (and dad)(not that there is anything wrong with that, but I think I remember you want TPR more than just being Robb and Elissa and I think it needs a bit more themepark in it) and does not show the atmosphere I wanted. I wanted a picture that does not need to have the name in it just focusses attention to the TPR Icon. So if anyone has the pic!

914716704_TPRFBConceptshow.jpg.b01db2f56caf68d3a688f284cae530a7.jpg

Then I made this, it shows more of an atmospheric, warm pic. It needs some touching up not in the right resolution but I like the feeling. Maybe a bit to much text

my entry... I used one of my pictures of BlueFire and photoshopped a font that it look like a stone TPR-Logo, than added shadows and a massive a amount of color correction and a some blur to give it a better look:

TPR-FaceBook.jpg.0630c26de35a29634510335f56b002c5.jpg

my entry

More iconic, less silly...

I'm liking this one David, perhaps a little too cedar pointy (if that makes sense, it kinda looks like their website or an old version of it, oh. wait. I know where I've seen something like this, on their Pepsi machines) but still it conveys what TPR is. No logo (site name) is winning for me as this screen shoot points out, the profile pic has the site name and right beside the profile pic we have theme park review showing. Three TPR's in a span of 4 inches is a little much IMHO. And since I left my laptop at home, well, I have to wait until tonight to upload a few.

^ Because the Facebook profile photo is on the left side, not the right. It was vuurvogel's idea to have it look like the person is grabbing at the profile photo. I tried executing his idea with my photo, but without the perfect shot of someone reaching for a ring, head on, at the right angle, it doesn't really work too well. Maybe someone else out there has the perfect shot though!

Edited by ILoveRides