TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Portals to Adventure - Copperhead POV

My family just moved to Miami Fl (not really), at first I was upset to leave all of my friends. But then I found out about Portals to Adventure, a huge megapark, with 6 lands and a mainstreet.

Market Street is the "main street" in Portals. It is themed to an Arabian marketplace. Here is the parks biggest giftshop.

An eatery found along Market Street.

A more overall shot of Market Street.

The first land around the central lagoon is themed to an old Mayan temple excavation.

It is home to the park's newest attraction, Toktan. A heavily themed B&M Wingrider. There are many head and foot choppers as you race through the temple ruins.

It is also home to a huge rapids ride, the Usumacinta River. Here is a POV:

The next land is themed to a Medieval village. The large castle houses an attraction with a similar ride system to Soarin' at EPCOT.

There are a lot of nice shops and eateries in the Village.

There is a lot of construction going on in Devil's Creek, they are redoing most of the buildings so no rides on Copperhead, the parks old school B&M Invert. So we skip right to Venice.

Venice is big, but there are no attractions in it.

The Asian area is receiving a major facelift as well, so we skip to the Serenghetti.

It is home to the Serenghetti Safari and Kasi, a huge Intamin Rocket Coaster.

Edited by Tomes1225

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work thus far. A couple of things -

For future reference, when you use tags, you must use the entire URL and not just the video ID. I went ahead and fixed it for you.

Also, Moby's Steel Jungle sets have knuckle pieces that you can use to fill in gaps made by supports, such as in the shot of Toktan's banked curve. I suggest that you use them.

^ He has posted it there and RctLounge as well.

Looks amazing and all the themes are very well done. Love that last pic with the safari in it. The only thing I'm a tiny bit dubious on is the Medieval buildings and how some of them look a little bit cluttered but overall its really nice.

Cheers

89James89

Holy crap! This is amazing! Does this mean Rocky Point is done, or will you be updating that and this at the same time?

Thanks! Rocky Point will continue, the main park is done, as well as expansions for the first 7 years, so it will go on.

This great! I love the high level of detail. You are one of the few who can make this ugly game look awesome.

Wow theming is really impressive. Hope to see more of this great park.

WOW! This is an amazing park and it really seemed like you combined the best of Disney, Islands of Adventure, & BGT into one amazing park. I can't wait to see that B&M Invert.

Don't know if I recognize this one or not... Love it either way! There's some magical areas.

Incredible park! Really can't wait to see future things to come in this park.

Thanks guys!

Excellent work thus far. A couple of things -

For future reference, when you use tags, you must use the entire URL and not just the video ID. I went ahead and fixed it for you.

Also, Moby's Steel Jungle sets have knuckle pieces that you can use to fill in gaps made by supports, such as in the shot of Toktan's banked curve. I suggest that you use them.

Ok thanks for the help with the video, I just assumed it was the same as other websites. I actually don't know why I didn't use the knuckles, all my other coasters have them, I'll get it fixed.

This is just amazing! You're from SGW right? cause i think i've seen this park over there aswell.

Yup

^ He has posted it there and RctLounge as well.

Looks amazing and all the themes are very well done. Love that last pic with the safari in it. The only thing I'm a tiny bit dubious on is the Medieval buildings and how some of them look a little bit cluttered but overall its really nice.

Cheers

89James89

It is really just those few buildings, most of them look less cluttered.

This park is soo good, there is so much detail and hard work put into all your buildings they are all amazing. I do have one question, can i ask what the name of the set is that you used for the lift hill on your rapids ride?

Cheers, Jake

Thanks! The lift hill comes from DRP's Rafting Set.

A shot of Toktan (this is an older pic so the CTR is different)

The Kingdom has a small Junior Coaster in it.

Usumacinta River, a POV is in the first post.

Serenghetti Safari

Devil's Creek Ghost Town with Copperhead in the back.

A WIP shot of Shaolin's entrance plaza, the park's GCI Woodie.

BONUS:

An overview of Copperhead, it takes inspiration from Inverts like Raptor and Katun.

I don't know if I like the roof colors for Shaolin's station, but everything else is exceptional!

Thanks, but I kind of like the colors of those roofs, do you have any suggestions?

Wow, this is an absolutely incredible park. Amazing job!

Thanks.

Really nice job with the supporting on Copperhead, it looks great! Reminds me a bit of Silver Bullet.

Thanks, the way I built it to have the Cobra roll by the path was based off of Silver Bullet, glad you picked up on that.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates but my projects are on hold for the CCC contest on RCTLounge.

I have been working on the Asian area.

I've reworked the Courtyard in front of Shaolin, I think it looks much better.

Copperhead

More copperhead

A small section of Venice

I have this layout that I really like for a B&M Standup, does anyone think this would look good in Venice? Colors can change.

• 5 weeks later...
The layout looks pretty good, but I personally don't really see a ride like that fitting with the Venice theming.

Seeing how well you pulled off the other rides though, I would love to be proven wrong.

It has been put in my other park.

I love the layout of the standup, but Im finding it hard to imagine how you could tie in a Venison theme to a standup. Maybe if you changed the name of the area simply to "Italy" you could theme it to an Ancient Roman god?

Thanks!

This park is amazing. I think the coaster will fit in great. It's hard to assume otherwise because everything else in this park fits in perfectly. This may be the best RCT3 park I've ever seen.

Thanks!

Hey guys. The park decided not to go for the stand-up and a little park in Rhode Island got it instead.

Copperhead has gotten a newer, bolder paint job.

Could the park be seeing a new attraction in this land?

Copperhead is so much better at night.

(BTW, I'm considering making a POV of this ride, anyone interested? It is really fast through the first half of the layout, but the succesion of elements is very realistic.

It really dominates over the Northern end of the park.

Woodies are fun too.

The Shaolin Monastery that serves as Shaolin's station.

While Venice doesn't have any rides, it sure looks amazing.

It does have the best food in the park though.

Third shot is epic. Nuff said.

Thanks!

Amazing work! I'm sure we would all love a POV of Copperhead.

Soon my friend, soon.

I'd say you should just ditch the two trees in front of Shaolin in the courtyard...they sort of take away from the immensity and stature of the pagoda building behind them. It'll probably look much better if they were a small bush or just excluded all together.

As far as those trees go, in most Asian Monasteries and temples (at least that I know of) have trees in the courtyards to promote peace. They are very common.

As far as a ride for Venice,I know it sounds cheesy,but how about a swing ride.It fits the Venice Theme,and it could be over the river.

I'll look into it.

POV Time!

I am starting a series of POVs for this park. Up first is Kasi, the park's Intamin Accelerator.