Length: 6075'

Height: 333'

Drop 323:'

Lat Gforce: +4.8 -1.6

Long Gforce:+1.2 -1

Inversions: 0

Speed: 96mph

Duration: 2:16

Elements: Unique Bridge Support Worlds Tallest B&M Worlds First 90 Degree Drop on a Giga Coaster Worlds Longest B&M

Trains: 3 trains with 9 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 36 riders per train.

Restrictions: Riders must be 54" or taller to ride.

Built by: Bolliger & Mabillard

Launch:

Roller Coaster: Lusca

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Make / Model: Bolliger & Mabillard / Launched Coaster

Capacity: 1600 riders per hour

Length: 5725'

Height: 147'

Drop 137:'

Lat Gforce: +4.5 -1.6

Long Gforce:+1.1 -.6

Inversions: 0

Speed: 95mph

Duration: 1:43

Elements: Unique Bridge Support Worlds Longest B&M Worlds First Launched B&M

Launch: 2g

Trains: 3 trains with 9 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 36 riders per train.

Restrictions: Riders must be 54" or taller to ride.

Built by: Bolliger & Mabillard

Lusca Lift in Game Exchangehttp://youtu.be/bD6O5ixiWKA

Lusca Lift.nltrack

Lusca launchh.nltrack

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure NoLimits awesomeness.

I loved the out-of-the-box design, flowing hills and turns, and the double down reminiscent of Apollo's Chariot. Blending the old and the new is hard to do, in reference to B&M's previous Hypers and new Giga, but you did it in such a seamless and inventive way that it looks like it's been around forever. Everything about this ride screamed "VISIONARY!" to me, and it's perfect. I prefer the lift over the launch as that's more B&M's style, but it was still something that I couldn't take my eyes off of. Amazing work!

-griffonj2022

Wow thanks I appreciate the comment! I was thinking during the design, I wanted to keep it simple. So I ask myself ," is it necessary to always go up high." When I thought it would be just as fun, if not more, to just keep them low to the ground. Therefore you can have an intense airtime on the hills with the extreme high speeds.

I have lots of praise, and then some, hopefully, constructive criticism.

First, over all I like this ride. I thought it was going to be a 10/10 rating from me. But it ends up being an 7.5 out of 10.

I prefer the lift hill design. I like that you included two versions of the starting methods. I love the 90 degree drop (it'll happen someday on a giga), and then was blown away by the low flying speed hills and banked turns and face paced ride and then the larger hills towards the middle/end that slowed the pace a bit, but still kept up with what was an exciting ride.

I really liked the ride up to the mid-course break run.

The severe slow down (are you designing for Cedar Fair? *cough* Mamba, Wild Thing *cough* ) killed the ride for me. You should have just done a Leviathan style break run from there. It would have been fine. Some light trimming would have been fine, but it was so dramatic! I realize there was a double down after, but you could have moved that element somewhere else. You in my (respectful) opinion killed a perfect coaster. Trim it back slightly and then if you need to, make the track longer to kill the speed or let it fly into the break run at the end.

Yes, I suck at NL designs. I'll probably never match anyone on here with a NL design, ever. But I had to let you know what I honestly thought. It is a good design, very innovative with the reversal of the hill heights.

Now I'll go see if I can butcher the design by reconfiguring the ending to suit me. Peace!

I mean this only as constructive criticism, but some areas looked very tightly compacted, and not in a good way. Another thing that bothered me was that the supports in one section were interacting with the track, and at others it was very over supported.

Thanks for the criticism, but i do disagree, How is a coaster that spans around the entire no-limits boarder tightly compacted? With the support interacting with the track situation your right. That was my mistake that i forgot to fix, but that's only on the launched track not on the Giga track. Finally the only over supported area is the bridge structures that need to support the track over the water, but since when is an over supported track a big deal? its not. Thanks for your 2cents tho.

I have lots of praise, and then some, hopefully, constructive criticism.

First, over all I like this ride. I thought it was going to be a 10/10 rating from me. But it ends up being an 7.5 out of 10.

I prefer the lift hill design. I like that you included two versions of the starting methods. I love the 90 degree drop (it'll happen someday on a giga), and then was blown away by the low flying speed hills and banked turns and face paced ride and then the larger hills towards the middle/end that slowed the pace a bit, but still kept up with what was an exciting ride.

I really liked the ride up to the mid-course break run.

The severe slow down (are you designing for Cedar Fair? *cough* Mamba, Wild Thing *cough* ) killed the ride for me. You should have just done a Leviathan style break run from there. It would have been fine. Some light trimming would have been fine, but it was so dramatic! I realize there was a double down after, but you could have moved that element somewhere else. You in my (respectful) opinion killed a perfect coaster. Trim it back slightly and then if you need to, make the track longer to kill the speed or let it fly into the break run at the end.

Yes, I suck at NL designs. I'll probably never match anyone on here with a NL design, ever. But I had to let you know what I honestly thought. It is a good design, very innovative with the reversal of the hill heights.

Now I'll go see if I can butcher the design by reconfiguring the ending to suit me. Peace!

I agree with the whole MCBR area, but when I realized the coaster was already over 5000 feet long and I wanted it to be able to run 3 trains so i figured it needed a MCBR, might not be as exciting as the rest of the coaster but it would be fun to say the least.

I felt this could of been an Intamin instead of a B&M epically the launch version. Theres only 2 things I would try to work on.

1. There are a few supports that just seem to spread out. The photo below will explain better what I'm talking about.

2. The trim on the hill after the launch/ drop kill the ride. Next time accommodate the elements after the Drop/launch to safely handle the high speeds or not have the drop so high/ slowdown the launch.

Other then that I loved the low to the ground elements of the ride, and the supports for the trim hill. I also loved the colors, not the usual bright red and blue your used to.

1607801003_Untitled-2copy.jpg.e782dc8bd042341c7bd74e49720ac314.jpg

Move the footer in closer. In my opinion a lot of your supports just seem too spread out. epically for the low to the ground supports.

I felt this could of been an Intamin instead of a B&M epically the launch version. Theres only 2 things I would try to work on.

1. There are a few supports that just seem to spread out. The photo below will explain better what I'm talking about.

2. The trim on the hill after the launch/ drop kill the ride. Next time accommodate the elements after the Drop/launch to safely handle the high speeds or not have the drop so high/ slowdown the launch.

Other then that I loved the low to the ground elements of the ride, and the supports for the trim hill. I also loved the colors, not the usual bright red and blue your used to.

Thanks for the advice, but i just want to mention that it isn't a "trim hill" I know its confusing but I just used the brake section to put cat walks next to the track, so looked a little more like a bridge, lol

And in all honesty i spread the supports out to make it look nice, kind of like cheetah hunts supports.

It's a great coaster, but I have three complaints:

1: The Drop: It seems a bit too steep and a bit too goofy to be a B&M. I really like as others said on this topic "out of the box", though making it a bit more like a B&M coaster is more fitting.

2: Too spread-out: The turns and the hills seem a bit laggish, especially that one close-to-the-gorund turn shown in a lot of pictures.

3: Footers: Well, a lot of people said this, though the supports seem to wide, make them more "B&Mish".

This is constructive critism as I really like the layout and how the coaster interacts with the terrain. Just make it a little less goofy.

1: The Drop: It seems a bit too steep and a bit too goofy to be a B&M. I really like as others said on this topic "out of the box", though making it a bit more like a B&M coaster is more fitting.

2: Too spread-out: The turns and the hills seem a bit laggish, especially that one close-to-the-gorund turn shown in a lot of pictures.

3: Footers: Well, a lot of people said this, though the supports seem to wide, make them more "B&Mish".

This is constructive critism as I really like the layout and how the coaster interacts with the terrain. Just make it a little less goofy.

I say the guy is building the coaster the way he wants- and that is all the reason that he needs to build it that way. If he likes the supports, so be it. Personally, I like the look of it- as the way it is built fits the plot, has structural differences that require some different measures, and overall it's one of the better custom B&M hypers I've seen in the exchange in a LOOOONG while.

In a nutshell: Let the man build his ride the way he likes- and stop beating a dead horse. All I can see from your post is bitching about the way he did it.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

I say the guy is building the coaster the way he wants- and that is all the reason that he needs to build it that way. If he likes the supports, so be it. Personally, I like the look of it- as the way it is built fits the plot, has structural differences that require some different measures, and overall it's one of the better custom B&M hypers I've seen in the exchange in a LOOOONG while.

In a nutshell: Let the man build his ride the way he likes- and stop beating a dead horse. All I can see from your post is bitching about the way he did it.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Wow thanks , not to put this website or anybody down, but more positive people like you need to be on this forum. I mean i feel like a coaster enthusiast is a rare breed, therefore we should all be positive and realize this forum is made for us to work together.

I ain't much into the No Limits stuff. I guess it's cause of the lack of scenery for the most part, but I do love what you've done here. RD has said it well. You can make your ride however you damn well please. The criticism that you get back shouldn't be related to the style of it, but more so how the style could be improved. Where's the creativity in doing something exactly as it is in real life? I like your interpretation of it very much. Really nice colors, and some interesting hills for sure!

I ain't much into the No Limits stuff. I guess it's cause of the lack of scenery for the most part, but I do love what you've done here. RD has said it well. You can make your ride however you damn well please. The criticism that you get back shouldn't be related to the style of it, but more so how the style could be improved. Where's the creativity in doing something exactly as it is in real life? I like your interpretation of it very much. Really nice colors, and some interesting hills for sure!

Thanks, couldn't of said it any better myself.

Both sides are correct. In essence, not everyone is going to like your coaster the same way. It's like genres of music...different tastes. When someone gives advice, you can take it or leave it. He's not bashing you, he's just saying what HE thinks would make the ride better. It's up to you whether you want to do something with that advice.

I haven't ridden the coaster so I can't really say what I personally find good or bad about it, but in general I'm perfectly fine with original coasters so long as they have a personality or something they bring to the table. Others prefer more realistic styles, and others prefer non-realistic styles (or at least non-company based).

Either way, nothing to get hot and bent out of shape over. Advice is subjective; take it or leave it.

With your turns, use more segments. It helps you pay more attention to the heart line, which will make the ride smoother.

Next, never connect diagonal supports with the same node unless you have a support going through and beyond it.

_

.| is what you're doing, and it leaves that gap. It should be more like

.|

.|

Here is the first instance of this problem:

1534232491_ScreenShot2012-03-06at1_05_10PM.png.325546aa3eee1d068ea040c771fdd9b5.png

Another is right here:

10833079_ScreenShot2012-03-06at1_05_33PM.png.28878a4fce5554246fd848faa4657ad9.png

In that case, bring the connecting brace down a little.

MOD EDIT: Most of your post was, to be polite, contrite and rude. I've edited out the parts that were unnecessary- as the reflected your OPINION on how to make the ride like yours- and not how the author chooses to. Parts of the post are, however, good information, and were kept. R.D.- Games Forum Management Team

Edited by QueerRudie