TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2012 Update Thread!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to work and still flying high from night time ERT on X2 and Tatsu...so many great rides...something about those twists and rolls against the dark night sky that enhance them even further...I think we got in more rides than all previous visits combined!

I can't share the same love for Green Lantern...it left me saying, Why? Granted we had a perfectly balanced ride and were stuck in ERT for an extended period for the stalled car described above...but I can't envision ever waiting in the normal line for a repeat experience...

This was my families first TPR event and I think we are 'all in' for the experience and future trips...I can say that we met some of the nicest people who were all amazingly friendly and share a love of these adventures...it was certainly nice sharing the park in the morning and evening with this group as opposed to the standard crowd.

Looking forward to the reports from those lucky enough to make the European adventures this Summer...

Looks like it was another great and successful event! I'm still bummed that I had to (at the last minute) miss it for the first time ever this year, as it looks as if it was just as much fun as it has always been if not moreso. But life happens and I am thankful that my Dad is recovering from the fall he had last week and doing a little better every day.

Looking forward to Deep South Bash later this year, and WCB 2013!

i cannot thank everyone who was there, the staff at both Knotts and SFMM for an amazing experience. Six flags was educational as hell, both on the idiocy of its own policies to rides i take for granted it being my home park. Knotts, well the last time i was at knotts Windjammer was still fresh, so it was quite an experience seeing how the park has changed. Also was nice to see the new planters, fouantians fixed up and generally the park making strides to open up the concrete and asphalt wasteland it has become. The log ride is still a classic, including the Lowes run of old christmas trees as theming for the mtn its on. I ended up getting all my credits (including timberline twister, shut up i know im a credit whore) and some flats (la revolution over by Monte was amazingly fun). And for everyone who closed the night marathoning Monte, thank you for some of the best laughs on a ride ive had.

Thanks to Robb, Elissa, and everyone involved at both parks for putting together another excellent West Coast Bash. While the event was a bit scaled back from previous years at SFMM, it was still a lot of fun, and the Knott's day was definitely the best one yet. Despite not staying for night ERT on either day, I thoroughly enjoyed both days and can't wait for next year's event.

I was following this on Facebook and growing green with envy. I've gotten over my pity-party now since I did my best to make it, and it just didn't work out.

But I'm resolved that I cannot sit through 2013 without going to WCB!!! Especially because we'll probably have an exciting new 2013 ride to check progress on.

Also... what was Magic Pagoda?

I would also like to chip in my thanks to rob and elissa for putting on an amazing event. The knotts day was the most fun day I have ever had in a park ever and the night ert on x2 and tatsu was insane not to mention being able to skip the 90 minute wait that greent lantern was getting on saturday by offering it on the morning ert. Apocalypse was also running amazing on saturday night and was giving out the best rides I have ever had on it. Already making my plans and saving my pennies for next years event. Tpr takeover on la revolution also provided some of the best laughs the whole weekend.

I too, would also like to thank Robb, Elissa, SFMM, and Knott's Berry Farm for a great weekend. Most fun I had at a theme park for sure! It was a lot of fun getting my rides on Supreme Scream, Silver Bullet, and Ghost Rider. Oh, and TPR Quest was awsome! My first TPR event, and it definitly won't be my last!

Thanks again,

Kyle M.

Big thank you to Robb, Elissa, SFMM, Kott's, and all who helped organize this great event. Had a ton of fun. Ending the night at Knott's with non stop Montezooma's revenge ride was great. Especially since TPR took over the ride for the last 5 runs. Singing "If your happy and you know clap your hands" prior to each launch was hilarious.

The back stage tours were amazing . I definitely got my fill of X2, Tatsu, and Xcelorator rides.

^Hi John, nice meeting you.

Great event had a blast, definatley a great weekend just got home.

ERT was great, Knotts made the best of things for us too.

Q&A were both very enjoyable, and fun.

Thanks again Robb and Elissa!

Dws.

I want to thank EVERYONE involved for the awesomeness of WCB! It was a blast and the Knott's day exceeded my expectations IMMENSELY! I also want to give a shoutout to all the awesome people I met and hung out with! Let's do it again next year! Also a special shoutout to the people who sang "We Love you Monte" at the end of the night after my "brief" last minute Monte marathon... but I got something like 13 to 15 rides overall!That song alone would have made my day. Overall an awesome time had at both parks and can't wait to do it again. Also VERY excited for Haunt after yesterday!

First off thanks Robb and Elissa for putting on another great WCB. That said, Knott's destroyed SFMM this year. They put on an amazing event and bent over backwards to make us feel welcomed and make it a great event. SFMM on the other hand took a huge step back, serving us up a very generic lack luster event and serving it ice cold. Of course, TPR always brings the good times no matter what, but it would have been nice for the management at six flags to give this event its due respect and not treat it as just another group picinic. Seriously, if you have not experienced the awesomeness that is Knott's day at WCB you need to check it out.

Thanks for everything Knott's. SFMM, shame on you! Thanks again Robb and Elissa, and thanks KT for that cool bruise on my shin.

^I think the group picnic comparison sums it up perfectly. Everyone here knows I am not the biggest fan of SFMM by any means, but in years past you couldn't help but come away impressed with all the extra stuff they did. To me it showed that the park had a management team that really did care about putting their best foot forward. However, this year I totally agree that it just felt like a normal corporate picnic/buyout. It was still a great event due to the people, and Tim & Neal were still very entertaining/informative during their presentation, but it lacked that extra touch.

...Knott's on the other hand...as I already said, I'm bummed I missed that day! You could tell they really went all out to provide the best experience to TPR. You can't help but be impressed. I already know that if my schedule only allows me 1 day of WCB next year, KBF has my vote!

I had an amazing time at WCB 2012. It was my first event, and while I only went to Knotts, it was seriously one of the most fun things I have ever done. The people, (LOL, I'm Jake for anyone I was with), were great and made me feel welcome in a not so familiar atmosphere. You could really tell Knotts management REALLY went out of their way with this event. Special touches like an actual photographer were cool. I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to both days of next years event. Monty night ERT was OMGAMAZING. Even though I had a headache the rest of he night, I would ride Monte 10 times in a row again in a heartbeat. A great way to end an AMAZING event.

I have a LOT to say about SFMM on Saturday versus previous years, but for now, here's one comment.

I can't help but think that SFMM wants to make as much profit as possible because, as Caesar said, they simply treated our group as a corporate picnic. They think that we're just there to get in as many rides as possible, without paying a huge sum of money. Since it seems that they cut costs by not offering ERT surprises (ERT was mediocre this year), serving a different lunch than I remember from years past, and eliminating tours, it appears that they are just 'going through the motions' with the entire event.

However, as coaster enthusiasts, we're also the loudest in terms of getting the word out there to others. Based on what happened this year, I don't really see myself telling people that they have to/need to buy SFMM passes. I personally have a pass, and will visit the park with my TPR friends who also have passes, but I'm not going to proactively 'sell' the park to others.

Conversely, Knott's bent over backwards for us. Knott's gets better each and every year, and they provide an atmosphere that makes us feel beyond welcomed (they even gave us the special room rate at the hotel). While it probably costs them a lot of money to cover their staffing/operating costs for our group yesterday, it's what they gain in referrals that will allow them to come out ahead.

The point I'm trying to make is that, after such an incredible experience at Knott's, I've already talked two people into getting up there soon to buy passes - I went on and on about how great the park looks, and how they treated us so well, just to name a few things. So, while Knott's might not be getting rich off of our group, it will definitely pay off in the end because of word-of-mouth advertising.

One other example of a park not making money in order to impress theme park enthusiasts - I went with a few other TPR members to Adventure City to hit ride their two coasters. They would not allow us to pay anything to ride the coasters, and welcomed us with open arms. As a result, I will definitely tell people to go there - after being blown away by the free admission, I was beyond impressed by the park, which I had not visited for well over a decade.

Wow, I said I had one comment.. guess that went a bit longer than I expected.

Thanks Robb and Elissa for organizing a magnificent bash once again. I had a blast meeting up with old friends and made some new friends as well (Go team 408). As usual everyone from TPR was awesome and I was really impressed by what Knotts brought to the table this year. I do agree that Magic Mountain didn't match their efforts of the previous Bashes, but I still had a great time and will probably head back to the park to check out Lex Luther later this year if time permits.

Speaking of Knotts, did anyone else take advantage of their insane deal on season passes? I showed them my Bash ticket stub and only had to pay $2 more to get a pass for this year.