TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Signature" Coasters

well there clearly is no such thing as a man with short fingers. Who could imagine such a thing?

MF is kind of weird as a signature coaster-- it's like the logical follow-up to Gemini and Magnum--both of which were the clear signature coasters before they got 'trumped' by their younger siblings. Although I suppose MF won't be trumped for a little while...

I wonder... maybe signature coasters are the ones that don't get trumped when another park builds bigger/faster/newer/"better" ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vancouver's Coaster is still hanging in there, after over 45 years on the planet. Come to think of it - 50th Birthday coming up in 2008. And for a compact wooden twister coaster, it still gives a good amt. of air time, speed and general MMMMMMMM in it's run, heh heh. And we're only 141 miles north of Seattle, everybody!

Thunderbolt-

-formerly known as the Pippen (1924) revamped in 1968 and re-named the Thunderbolt.

-54 inch height requirement

-NO single riders

-mega laterals

-ONE pop of air in the back seat off the station drop

Katie

I dunno Katie, you sell the T-bolt short a tad...

-That would be P-I-P-P-I-N, as in the apple. (I know, I'm a smart-arse! hehehe)

-In the front, there 3 pops of air, entering the lift, just before drop 4, and entering the trim... but in the back, you have it on drops 1, 3, 6 and 7.

-The last drop is it's largest, at 90ft. I don't think there is another coaster in the world that does that on such a scale. (Jack Rabbit's last drop is also it's largest, but not as high.)

-Ya can't beat those rickety Rolling Stock trains that are becoming so rare!

Personally, I think BOTH T-bolt and JR are unique enough to be signature attractions, in any context. But then again, Kennywood itself is a MUST DO attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

MATTERHORN because it is the oldest (duh) steel coaster on the planet, and still one of the better rides at the park. I have not had 1 ride on the Matterhorn that was unsatisfactory, and that is a ride i always go on at least twice every time i visit DL

OH, and JR at Seabreeze-My first woodie, and very thrilling for one of the oldest woodies here in the u s of a

I LOVE the Giant Dipper at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, It has been featured in many movies, and is a Classic very good coaster, that is actually very well taken care of

as for the others, yeah, the cyclone is probably at the top, but I wish the people who took care of the Giant Dipper, took care of the Cyclone, it looks pretty bad

Even though the "Phantom's Revnege" was just built/re-constructed not to long ago (May 2001)...I think it deserves the "signature ride" status. It's unique layout, position and great visuals is what keeps riders coming for more and the killer second drop plus the bunny-hops. I love the fact that it's a Terrain Coaster. To me it's the best ride in my hometown park, Kennywood (Next to King Kahuna, Jack Rabbit, Exterminator, Areo 360 & Pit Fall).

Exterminator is also another coaster that I think deserves the "signature ride" status. From it's wacky theme, to it's outrageously fun layout, Exterminator is a ride nearly all age groups can experience. This coaster is unlike any other "wild mouse" type of coaster that i've come across. The uncontrolled spinning at the end of the ride is the best part, along with the first 2 and only drops on the coaster.

Mantis/Raptor at Cedar Point would both be "signature rides" material to me. Both are very thrilling and both had world's firsts. Raptor is unique, with it's long and sleek green structure throwing 6 rapid fire inversions at you with other fun elements. Mantis (my favorite ride period in CP) has the greatest of color schemes. I love the wacky and tangled mess of track and the fact that it is a stand-up is all the more satisfying to me. I love the inversions and the stand-up sensation.

any intamin mega coaster seems to be fun. Each of them seem to have thier own brand of uniqueness with the ride, as well as all out extreme air time. Then there is also Oblivion and Nemesis at Alton Towers. Those are the automatic 2 thing I think of when I think of that park.

Why has everybody forgotten EGF (Holiday Park) and Dragon Khan (PortAventura)?

EGF - the worlds best rollercoaster, with great speed, airtime and g-forces.

Dragon Khan - Former inversion world record holder (8 inversions).

This already 11 year old beast is seen from all over the park and from much further away.

retail-stores newspapers law-firms bank-holidays prescription-medications limo-rentals motorcycle-license zoo's veterinary-medicine anesthesiology blue-cross-blue radiology new-hire-reporting rx-drugs chiefs-of-police tattoo-parlors horticultural universities attorney-injury-insurance-negligence pet-adoptions cosmotology gastroenterology florist graphic-design blue-cross-blue-shield co-insurance home-care counceling physician-assistant emt-b trial-lawyers-association milage-chart surgical-technician lemon-laws dental-plans pediatric lvn entomology presription physicians-assistant

vet ford-dealerships minimum-wage hydrocodone houses-for-rent vetrans Anti-Depressants archaeology health-education vet-tech immigration-lawyers cadillac-dealers clinics international-airports neurology prescription-online rx-drugs drug-stores agricultural speech-therapy department-of-motor population cosmotology bridal-stores used-motorcycles radiology-tech tattoo-parlors veterans marriage-certificate automobile-transport law-firms banking-commission radiologic surgical-technologist boating-laws dept-of-education claim-injury-insurance cpa-requirements Zero-Nicotine elder-care

automobile-transport telephone-numbers no-call-list aesthetician Herbal-Phentermine atv-parks interior-designer visit prescriptions-online line-pharmacies medication-online mental-health presription message-therapy vetrinary music-educators imax-theaters car-auctions yorkie-breeders beauty-schools architect crops volvo-dealers social-work medical-schools lvn cosmetology anesthesiology x-ray-tech veterens attorney-injury-insurance-negligence economic-development passport-renewal driver-license guidance-counselor landlord-laws veterans banks Premarin cardiologist

farmer-insurance yorkie-breeders home-care zip-code criminal-lawyer legal-secretary veterns equine map-of-counties landlord-laws HeartBurn-Relief passport-application Valtrex adipex interior-designing points-of-interest stateof retailers commercial-lighting-insurance drug-stores meds dental-assistant sonography assistants group-home nuring bmw-dealerships cost-of-living talent-agencies Soma insurance-progressive cardiovascular Ultram cable-companies law-firms training-insurance office-manager passport-office board-of-pharmacy driving-maps

pet-classifieds police-auctions visas white-pages dental-hygienist economic-development news-papers dental-hygiene nurseing dentistry gastroenterology motorcycle-dealers museums Motrin Ultram medical-assistant Valtrex chambers-of-commerce veternary counseling toyota-dealerships without-a-prescription homeland-security bass-federation notary colleges-and-universities passport-office companys unemployement cities-and-towns Lipitor motocross-tracks plastic-surgeon prescription-medications hmo state-farm-insurance plumber meds-online festivals travel-agent

Topless Gagging Snatch Ass-Fucking Giga-Vids 3some British Christmas Curly Nude Redheads Posing Pale Ball-Licking College Webcam Huge-Cock Hentai Ebony Group-Sex Office Cartoon Brutal Domination Pics 19-year-olds Speculum Country Ass-to-Mouth Beaver Spreading Juicy Buttfucking Midget Creampie Celeb Slave Asian-Teen Young Search-Vids

Uniform Sybian Plumper Dildo Perky Rough-Sex Pale 10+-Inch-Cock Dick Shemale Sleeping Sunbathing Creampie Interracial Leather Busty-Teen Mistress 3some Public Slim Latex Bizarre Brunettes Jizz Mouthful Tricked Pure-Sex-Movies Spy Latina Big-Ass Voyeur Spanish Ass-to-Mouth Pigtail Whore Cum-Eating Close-up Wife Brazilian Latina

my must ride for coaster enthisest is more on historical signifcance then anything. here in usa at least.

*comet at great escape, due to it being peiced from the most netorus woodie ever built.

*matterhorn at dl as it was the first tubular steal coaster ever built.

*Revolution as it was the first modern looping coaster in the world.

(not adding the corkscrew because it was moved and has been cloned so many times, i think most parks have a center piece and at one time or currently these rides were that.)

leap the dips, oldest coaster in usa

the beast longest wood coaster everbuilt

*lockness monster, first coaster with interlocking loops, centerpiece of busch gardens williams burg at whos opening event caused the founding of ace. and the only standing interlocking looping coaster.

*volcano, worlds first inverted launch coaster.

*x worlds only 4d coaster

coney island cyclone one of the only coasters signifed as a national land mark.

wizzer as the last of its kind in usa.

magnum as the first hyper coaster ever built

*superman the escape first coaster to go over 100mph (ride is not what is was at the time but still cool)

*big bad wolf as it was designed by Schwarzkopf with footers poured they went out of busness and arrow came in to finish the job.

thats all for now