TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Rocky Point: Last Photos, Computer Crash

Hey guys, I'm new to TPR but have been a member of other RCT3 sites before. I've lurked around on this site for a while as I love real life parks as well and I try to make my projects as realistic as possible.

I started this park on a few other websites and I'll try to catch you up.

Welcome to Warwick, RI

In 1847, Rocky Point opened to the public for the first time. Famed for its beautiful location on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean this was Rhode Islands premier attraction. As the park developed, it built numerous roller coasters with the help of the Phillidelphia Tobbaggon Company, including the Wildcat and the Flying Turns. The Shore Dinner Hall was esteemed to have the best seafood in the state. All of this changed in 1938, when Hurricane Bob destroyed the entire park, including its world class woodies.

The park remained closed for 9 years. Finally the park reopened, with a new shore dinner hall. The park grew and grew and world class rides like the log flume in 1970, The Zyclon Coaster in the early 70s, the Corckscrew, an Arrow corkscrew in 1984, and the freefall in 1988.

The park seemed to be on the high road. But financial troubles ravaged the park through the 1990s. Finally, in 1996 the park filed for bankruptcy. The park was closed and the rides were auctioned off in 97. All that was left of over a 100 years of history were some decaying buildings, an old gondola ride, and the beachfront.

Certain for destruction and repurposing, the park was saved in 2007 by a rich young entrepeneur who grew up during the parks final days.

SEASON 1:

The park opened with two roller coasters, Burnt Rubber, an Intamin Accelerator very similar to Xcelerator, and Wildcat which pays homage to the original Wildcat from the original Rocky Point.

Burnt Rubber.

Wildcat looming over the Northern Midway.

The Original Rocky Point Sign.

As seen from the ocean.

SEASON 2:

Season 2 welcomed the addition of Drving School, a small, family-oriented attraction.

Bonus nightime shot.

I hope you all enjoy this park, I will continue to update every couple of days.

Be nice, I'm new haha.

Edited by Tomes1225

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad you're bringing this over here! I took the opportunity to re-remember my park history! I love learning about that type of stuff, and it's really interesting to me when people can incorporate things like that into their storylines.

This park looks great, a very nice reinventing of a classic park. I have dabbled with park rebirths myself with RCT2. The one park I have recreated was Boardwalk and Baseball near Orlando. I'm tweaking a rebuilt B&B park and hope to release it here soon. Keep up the good work on your project.

Wow guys! Thanks for all the replies, it has really made me feel welcome on the site.

Really glad you're bringing this over here! I took the opportunity to re-remember my park history! I love learning about that type of stuff, and it's really interesting to me when people can incorporate things like that into their storylines.

Thanks, I like being able to look at realife parks and coasters and incorporating designs to make my park as realistic as possible.

This park looks great, a very nice reinventing of a classic park. I have dabbled with park rebirths myself with RCT2. The one park I have recreated was Boardwalk and Baseball near Orlando. I'm tweaking a rebuilt B&B park and hope to release it here soon. Keep up the good work on your project.

Thanks, I am in no way shape or form going for a recreation on this one, I am more building off the ideas and history of Rocky Point.

My jaw dropped looking at some of those pictures. You have quite the amount of talent that I wish I had! Your Intamin Accelerator is really impressive as well, and I can't wait to see what comes from you and this park in the future! Best of luck and welcome to TPR!

Thanks!

Tom! I'm happy you brought this from SGW to TPR (I'm sambrwn52, by the way). It seriously looks brilliant, definitely beautiful. I absolutely adore the architecture too! Can't wait for more!

Thanks Sam, good to see I'm not the only one over here.

Dude, this is really really good. I hope you know that.

Thanks!

This is really good! I would love to see more of this.

Thanks!

F@#k man, This is beyond inspiring!

Thanks!.

I spent all day at the park today. Most rides were still testing when I got there.

This little flat is great for kids. But there is a ton of room behind it for expansions.

I never go into the gift shop, only to visit my friend whos office is on the second floor.

Intensity is just an awesome ride to photograph.

I stayed in the park until nighttime. Wildcat is lit up beautifully at night.

So is Burnt Rubber.

This is some of the best RCT3 this site has at the moment. In future updates could you please show some overhead and layout shots of this park?

Thanks, I'll have a map soon, I'm just trying to figure out how to use gimp to make it.

I spent a couple of hours in the park today.

I spent a while in the Midway today as the lines for Burnt Rubber and Wildcat were outrageous.

The skywheel.

The old and the new.

Both coasters in one shot.

I heard the park is making an announcement on next years attraction soon. I hope we get a water ride, the park is so hot in the summer.

That's quite a juxtaposition of the old and the new! I hope you can bring in some more 'old'! I'm praying for a secondhand paratrooper.

Haha, we already have one.

The park released this photo today. I guess we are getting a flume! I can't wait to ride it, it will be a great addition to the park.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Warwick RI and would love it if Rocky Point would come back to life...miss that park

Thanks, it's good to see someone else familiar with the inspiration of this park.

It looks great, but I think you should change the colors for Burnt Rubber. The red and gray are fine, but the lavender isn't really intimidating. Change the purple to something like black or orange and I think it will look much better.

I tried, but nothing else works, black and orange just look bad no offense.

Well, it's winter now, and I went out to the park to see progress on the Flume, sadly there wasn't.

However, these trucks were here. Strange, the flume doesn't use those types of supports, but I can't find any clues.

This park is incredibly beautiful. Just amazing.

Thanks.

I just love how the giant discuss ride just towers over everyhting.

Thanks, it is one of my favorite rides in the park.

2003 Mid-Season Winter

I was allowed to enter the park today to get a look around during the Winter.

The park looked so weird with no bright flowers and a fresh layer of snow covering the paths.

But the main reason I was here was to check out progress on those steel supports I spotted in the parking lot.

I have heard rumors of a smaller B&M, but whatever it is, construction is moving quickly. I guess they want it open for opening day.

Wingrider maybe?

Not quite.

This park is looking real good, it has charm and eye appeal and looks like a fun place.

Thanks!

What did you use to support the Skyline?

Its been quite a while since ive played RCT3, what pack are you using for your steel supports?

Moby's Steel Jungle to both of those questions.

2003: Preseason

The park is putting finishing touches on the track and the rest of the park is being prepped for opening in a month.

The park confirmed the other day that the ride would be a B&M Standup. It's layout is iconic of the very first Standups like Iron Wolf. It will feature three inversions. It is named Greaser and will be the focus point of the 50s area of the park.

The grounds crew have been hard at work landscaping the area around the new coaster.

The oblique loop is similar to that on Riddler's Revenge, but this one has track that goes through the middle.

Trains arrived today, testing should being in the next 2-3 days.