TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2012 Edition!

Well its been established your in Singapore to go to Universal....but thats not your only stop.

After you get done with Singapore...your off to Australia (Outback) to go the gold coast. Your visiting Dreamworld (Tower Heist) and riding the tower of terror. Your also visiting Warner Bros Movie World to ride the green lantern (Green photo, CNN, Time Warner, U=Down Under)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singapore's Mummy. It's the Orlando version with less cheese. Much better!!!

Less Cheese? How is that possible in something with a) Brendan Fraiser and b) anything related to the Mummy franchise?

I think the Mummy at USF is one of my favorite rides , whats really different between the two?

Less Cheese? How is that possible in something with a) Brendan Fraiser and b) anything related to the Mummy franchise?

I think the Mummy at USF is one of my favorite rides , whats really different between the two?

Simple... They took out Brendan Fraiser!

This version is actually fully Egyptian themed, and not a bizzare "it's a movie set, but this whole place is a trap" deal.

Basically, the story centers around finding the book of the living, to defeat Imhotep.

Same effects, but different dialogue. The scene with the poor guy at the mercy of Imhotep has him begging for you to find the book to defeat him.

The false unload scene was changed substantially. Instead of a booth with breaking glass, it's another Imhotep animatronic, and he is holding the book saying "without this book you'll never defeat me, death is only the beginning!"

From there it plays out as normal, with the roof of fire and drop into the red fog.

Just before the unload there's no more "where's my coffee?".

Instead there is a mummy coffin. Imhotep is trapped inside, enraged, saying "you think this wooden prison can contain me?"

Overall the story was less cheesy, and they did the lighting better on the coaster part, so the cardboard cutouts look less like cutouts.

On the flip side, I felt the animatronics were less fluid and more jerky compared to the FL version.

^I think that was a wise choice. Florida's Mummy is a great ride, but the whole "Brendan Frasier's cup of coffee" ending never made any sense to me.

Edited by cfc

1. There isn't any Brendan Fraiser

2. So the whole stupid "Cup of coffee" thing is gone.

3. It's replaced by a simple storyline that's easy to follow and understand "Bring back the book!"

4. The "Fake ending" isn't a cheesy ride exit, it's actually still part of the "Mummy" world, yet does the exact same thing.

5. Effects have been updated and are slightly better in many places.

6. Did I mention the cheesy Brendan Fraiser crap is gone?

Overall - it's the most perfect version of Mummy to date!

^ LOL! The park made us do it for their Facebook page.

425904_10150554079114690_86862329689_9161460_928614104_n.jpg.aa8a46763fe3d1491ef3633976a003ed.jpg

So yeah, Transformers was great! It's totally on par with Spidey, so if you're a fan of that ride, and you're are in love with Optimus Prime, you'll totally go bananas for this ride when it comes to Universal Studios Hollywood.

The queue was really well done, the ride system is still impressive after all these years, and the projection screens seem even more immersive than Spider-Man.

Many of the ride motions "felt" similar to Spider-Man, but that didn't make it any less awesome. And for the people who have never been on Spider-Man in California, holy crap, they are really in for something amazing!

IMG_6970.thumb.JPG.9ff85fa8b7ae4eaf70617dc06803cc6e.JPG

So tonight we went to a place called "Lau Pa Sat" which is an area of town that converts from being a street to becoming a local food market. They have "satay" here which is Singapore's answer to Yakatori. Lots of meat on sticks with accompanying beer was consumed. It was a great evening. Highly recommended!

IMG_6987.thumb.JPG.1cb98d17768b517dd48714442cb60347.JPG

Then we went to the "Beer Market", which was an amazing concept. It's basically the stock market...but with beer! The price of each beer will go up or down depending on how popular the beer is in the bar at that time. So we would wait for a beer we wanted to go down in price, and then BUY! BUY! BUY! That was force that beer's price up, and we'd have to buy another beer! It just added a whole new dimension to hanging out in a bar!

IMG_6991.thumb.JPG.5c9cbeb98c92c0608f03e26be6c152fc.JPG

And as you can see, beer prices here are HIGH! (Singapore dollar is about 85 cents) You wanted to wait for beer to go down in price! Seriously awesome fun!

wtf.thumb.jpg.9b25f5e53556a3815bc8257648494b66.jpg

Never in America would you see a "WTF" shirt at a major US theme park!

tresure.jpg.b58fe8fcd3e79d3d34dc8ebfb12ad9b9.jpg

And OMG! Treasure Hunters! Hands down the BEST ride in the park! Wow! Made Mummy look like a kiddie coaster and Battlestar Galactica look like an SLC. Every Universal Park should have one!

USS.thumb.jpg.b49e126d7867c34bd804368c906e9010.jpg

Was a great day at Universal Studios Singapore. We'll have more TR's coming soon. Since it's nearly 2am here, and we have more Universal tomorrow! (Along with other stuff! Maybe we should make you all guess!)

man.thumb.jpg.267d7ef68eea010cfabf3501d4aba873.jpg

And a final picture.... One of these two is a man. Can you guess which one? ;)

Edited by robbalvey

Even though I'm not a Transformers fan, I'm gald to hear that the ride is great and look forward to riding it myself someday. Maybe it'll make me a fan--who knows?

The Singapore Mummy definitely sounds like an improvement to an already great ride.