TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blue Bayou Water Park: Aqualoop Construction and Updates

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited!! As a resident of South Louisiana and Blue Bayou being only an hour away, I'm really glad they are adding slides that will put them on the map and get more people to the park. Very glad to see this place grow. Been following their Facebook page since they announced the new addition.

Very excited!! As a resident of South Louisiana and Blue Bayou being only an hour away, I'm really glad they are adding slides that will put them on the map and get more people to the park. Very glad to see this place grow. Been following their Facebook page since they announced the new addition.

The AquaLoop is facing the highway too which will attract more people. It'll be the first thing people see when they pass the park.

Nice, it will be interesting to see if they keep investing in the rest of the park. When the slides open it will give them a nice bump in attendance but there will have to be more then the slides if they want people to come back.

• 1 month later...

Holy crap that looks nuts! It's simply amazing that a waterside can go that much up hill.

My local water park, Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville, opened what they call an aqualoop this year but the loop is pretty much completely flat. In comparison this thing is something else entirely.

Holy crap that looks nuts! It's simply amazing that a waterside can go that much up hill.

My local water park, Golfland Sunsplash in Roseville, opened what they call an aqualoop this year but the loop is pretty much completely flat. In comparison this thing is something else entirely.

The ProSlide SuperLoops are flat. But there's enough force throughout the spiral to make it feel like an inversion. It is technically a loop, albeit a horizontal one.

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting pretty near the end of the season (just over 2 weeks left!) and it's still not open. I called them and asked about it today, and apparently it was delayed by the weather last week. She said it should be open in a few days. I asked if it would be open before the end of the season, and she said definitely. But I'm not really too confident, since it's already been delayed so much.

When does school go back in the area? I was skeptical about your claim that their season was almost finished so I checked their calendar and low and behold the parks stops daily operation on August 7th. That seems really early for a water park in such a warm climate.