TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

One (or two) of a kind

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Sorry, but what is so unique about Olynpia Looping?

Anyway:

-Linear Gale, the odd-one-out Impulse coaster that had no twists.

-Moonsault Scramble was a one of a kind massive shuttle coaster that was (poorly) designed by TOGO.

-Atlantis Adventure, the only Intamin Aquatrax.... so far...

-Moonsault Scramble was a one of a kind massive shuttle coaster that was (poorly) designed by TOGO.

Meisho if I may. But it wasn't all their fault. The main problem was that Fuji-Q only wanted one lift motor. If it had one for each spike like a Vekoma Boomerang then it would have been fine.

To add to the list:

Lisebergbanan - Liseberg

Tranan - Skara Sommarland

Zola 7 - Fuji-Q

The idea for the post came from an exhaustion of YouTube coaster videos.

I love watching the videos of coasters that are original and unique and not the carbon copy Boomerang or Batman's.

Oh you meant one of a kind layouts? Then we could be here all day naming rides, I thought you meant one of a kind concepts.

Meisho if I may. But it wasn't all their fault. The main problem was that Fuji-Q only wanted one lift motor. If it had one for each spike like a Vekoma Boomerang then it would have been fine.

To add to the list:

Lisebergbanan - Liseberg

Tranan - Skara Sommarland

Zola 7 - Fuji-Q

So what you are saying is, if there was a second lift motor, the loop could be taller and the Gs could be reduced? And also, Vekoma had something to do with that coaster i think.

Shockingly, Blue Fire is still the only Mack Launched and/or Mega Coaster. Sea World get theirs soon, but still... uptake has been slow for now!

Others I can think of:

Euro Mir - only controlled Mack spinner? And definitely the only one with that track stype.

Winjas - only spinner with trick track?

Space Mountain Mission 2 - only coaster with a tongue element?

There are no doubt loads more.

So what you are saying is, if there was a second lift motor, the loop could be taller and the Gs could be reduced? And also, Vekoma had something to do with that coaster i think.

If there was a second lift motor, neither of the spikes would have had to be as tall as they were. With only one lift motor, the train has to be able to carry enough speed to get through the pretzel, along the straight bit, up the spike, and back again. Ironically, a train loses a fair share of speed when traveling on a long straightaway.

Flashback (rust in pieces) was one of a kind, thankfully that coaster didn't propogate. One of Inatmin's lesser efforts.

Superman Escape, and Scooby Doo at movie world are unique in that they have lengthy dark ride sections of track. Scooby also is a mouse with a lift, reverse drop, and a turntable before the more standard wild mouse layout.

I don't think there's anything like Volcano at KD anywhere.

Flashback (rust in pieces) was one of a kind, thankfully that coaster didn't propogate. One of Inatmin's lesser efforts.

Superman Escape, and Scooby Doo at movie world are unique in that they have lengthy dark ride sections of track. Scooby also is a mouse with a lift, reverse drop, and a turntable before the more standard wild mouse layout.

I don't think there's anything like Volcano at KD anywhere.

Wasn't the issue with Flashback that SFMM maintained it poorly, and the track got misshapen? I wonder if it was any good in its first few years.

^I just thought it was mediocre personally, I understand what Intamin were going for with the ride experience I just didn't find it that interesting. Amazingly I rode Flashback in it's debut year at SFMM, and still have the commemorative cup - ahh, that was my first ever visit to a US theme park.

Edited by downunder

One coaster that threw me for a loop (figuratively speaking) when I first heard of it was the Spanish Montaña Suiza, thought to be the world's only concrete coaster. Apart from that anomaly, it's essentially a traditional scenic railway. I'm honestly interested in checking it out someday.

I've never seen anything on this before, I'm seriously intrigued by it.

Oh, and of course, Leap the Dips is a one of a kind now. Until a few years ago, it had a partner, Runaway Coaster.. Too bad it was torn apart.. After surviving for so long, starting out as a German fair coaster, then rotting in a field, then refurbished by an English park and torn to bits shortly after..

• 2 weeks later...