TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

One (or two) of a kind

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Air at E-DA Theme Park - only Vekoma big air.

Wicked at Lagoon Theme Park - only Zierer Tower Launch

Dodonpa at Fuji-Q Highland - only S&S Thrust Air Launch Coaster (besides the defunct Hypersonic XLC at Kings Dominion)

Raptor at Gardaland - only B&M Wingrider (until the other 3 open later this year)

Furius Baco at Portaventura - only Intamin Wingrider

Thirteen at Alton Towers - only Intamin vertical freefall coaster.

Anaconda - Gold Reef City(South Afrika) for being to only Giovanola Inverted coaster.

Space Mountain - DLRP for being to only uphill launched Vekoma/Disney ride.

Stunt Fall - Parque Warner Madrid for being to only still in the same place operating/breaking down GIB.

Fahrenheit - Hershey Park for being to only Intamin with a vertical lift.

Dragon Challenge (Dueling Dragons) - The only dueling B&M inverts.

Not anymore :'(

Vekoma Stingray in China

The new Gravity Group woodie with the high-five element in China

Cheetah Hunt's figure-eight element and its three launches.

Leviathan being B&M's only giga.

Montu for being the only B&M invert with 7 inversions

Powder Keg at SDC has that transfer track that takes it from the station to the launch.

Riddler's Revenge for actually having a custom B&M stand-up layout

...Riddler's Revenge for actually having a custom B&M stand-up layout

What About All the Other Stand-Up Coasters? They're all Custom Layouts

Chang/Green Lantern and Mantis are similar... and I think he means with more difference than the other layouts.

One of the carnival companies in Ohio actually has a one of a kind coaster - its a shuttle coaster built by ARM with wing rider style seating. According to the internet, it sucks.

Also, somewhere deep in Australia's back country or something lurks Cool And Fresh, SBF's most retarded creation with its beyond vertical first drop and mag brakes the whole way down.

One of the carnival companies in Ohio actually has a one of a kind coaster - its a shuttle coaster built by ARM with wing rider style seating. According to the internet, it sucks.

Also, somewhere deep in Australia's back country or something lurks Cool And Fresh, SBF's most retarded creation with its beyond vertical first drop and mag brakes the whole way down.

Any links?

NEvermind for the ohio one-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42X6oF0Lig

Any links for the Aussie one?

Most coasters are one of a kind in terms of Layout except a few for example Slc, Cyclone layout, Batman, boomerangs, superman flyers, etc...

THIS!

Also, look at Mitch's Poll. All unique coasters are listed while clones are grouped togther

Edited by SharkTums

Most roller coasters are unique in terms of layout or have unique elements, but there are relatively few that are unique by design. Here are a few one of a kind rides that immediately come to mind (both operating and defunct):

Arrow Dynamics 4th Dimension: X2

Intamin AG Space Diver: Flashback

Intamin AG Suspended Catapult Coaster: Volcano, The Blast Coaster

Premier Rides Dueling LIM Shuttle Loop Coaster: Batman and Robin: The Chiller

I'm sure there are plenty more, but these are the ones I usually think of as coasters that are unique by design.

Runaway Mine Train at M&D's was an obscure spinning coaster with a spiral lift hill made by Barbisan, called Jamming, which was later converted into a unique, but more conventional, mine train coaster with a straight lift hill.

Also, Cyber Space at Grove Land and Galaxia at Wiener Prater are pretty odd, also made by Barbisan. Fish shaped, roofed cars, sort of like a Chance Toboggan, and a semi-enclosed track layout, kind of like Pirate's Cove or whatever that thing is in New Jersey by Wisdom Rides.

Speaking of that, that Wisdom roller coaster Pirates Cove or whatever it was is a one of a kind, I think. Kind of pointless from TPR's POV, as well.

X/N0 Way Out, as it was the first backwards in the dark coaster and remains as the only one to date.

TH13TEEN, The first roller coaster to feature a free-fall drop

Ultimate, was the longest coaster in world when it opened and correct me if i am wrong but a lot of it was made in house.

I've been having a tough time with this question, even though it sounds simple enough. It seems like a lot of wooden coasters especially wouldn't have exact clones (or have lost any former clones to time).

That said, I think I've come up with a couple.

Ice Mountain Bobsled at Enchanted Forest, Oregon: Small terrain steel coaster designed in-house. Enclosed cars. Partial mountain themeing (enough to get it labeled "the poor man's Matterhorn"). The ride used to be a twin-track alpine slide before being converted to a coaster, and you can still see remnants of the other track.

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain, Indiana Beach, Indiana: Once a dark ride, this was converted into an unusual wooden coaster by CCI. It features an elevator lift, enclosed cars (each with two backward-facing seats), and various mountain-themed indoor sections.