TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was walking past Bob Crystals house today, it is on my way to school anyway I noticed a letter left on his porch way addressed from SFT. I would never normally do it but being a massive Crystal Arcade fan i just had to find out what was inside. When I opened it there was a small Polaroid picture inside.

Looks like a new entrance to me!

Thanks for reading, Stew

Small, ON - In 1970, Crystal Arcade will unveil one of the biggest and tallest roller coasters in the park: The Big Dipper. When the Park opens in March 1970, The Big Dipper will dominate the Park’s landscape, taking riders to breathtaking heights and speeds never experienced before at the Arcade.

“TBD will be our 4th coaster and now positions Crystal Arcade as one of the top coaster destinations in the world.” said Small, the chief executive officer of SUPER FUN TIME. “We will go higher, longer, and faster than ever before when we launch TBD in 1970. With the addition of this new coaster and our diverse collection of rides and attractions, we continue to show why Crystal Arcade is the destination of choice for those seeking world class thrills and family entertainment."

1st March 1970

Today was the opening day of CA! This time it was under new management after 3 years of being closed. I think it would be an understatement to say I was extremely excited!

I arrived at the park just after opening, as you can see there were a few people lurking around the new entrance; most people were inside by now.

There were a lot of new things I wanted to check out today, the main one being this beast, The Big Dipper!

Lines were short due to its amazing capacity, the ride runs up to 5 trains! You can’t get many pictures of the ride though due to it being surrounded by forest and hills, the park will release some of their own soon though I’m sure.

Crystal Arcade has moved both dodgems and Ferris Wheel, I presume this was to make room for the new entrance and TBD. I think they look good in their new spots though.

Mister Twister still likes to show its dominance over the park.

A new path has been created behind Mister Twister; this gives us access to the new eatery and toilets.

This is the new eatery, The Round Table.

And these are the new toilets; you can also see TBD behind them.

I took a ride on Ferris Wheel before it was time to leave.

Thanks Crystal Arcade for a great day!

Signing off, Stew.

We here at SFT understand that not everyone will be able to make it to Crystal Arcade to ride our brand new coaster The Big Dipper and all other great rides and attractions. So we feel that no one should miss out and have decided to shoot a video and take some exclusive photos of TBD.

TBD thrilling riders as it takes one of its smaller dips.

This drop is described by many as the best drop on a rollercoaster ever.

The amount of Airtime you get on TBD is out of this world

These are 2 of TBD's 5 trains.

The Big Dipper ride stats.

Height - 70 feet

Length - 2600 feet

Speed - 47 MPH

Our video:

SFT would like to thank you all for your ongoing support and can’t wait to see you down at the park sometime soon!

31st March

Hey guys, it’s me Stew again. So anyway today I and my friends had organized a trip down to Crystal Arcade so I bought my camera down with me. It has been reported the park is very busy at the moment so I was not planning on getting to many rides in, still being at the park is just as much fun.

See what I mean, TBD had a 20 minute line for most of the day!

Whilst in the station I noticed this? Not a very big space but it’s nice to see SFT are already planning for the future.

I hadn’t realized at my last trip down at the park but that ugly maintenance building behind Mine Ride has now been removed.

Mine Ride and Flying Turns are running great, after 3 years of neglect.

Flying Turns is normally forgotten about as it’s tucked up at the back of the park.

The foundation that was going to be used by the Parachute ride has also now been taken out which is good as it makes for a perfect place to have a picnic.

I finished that day with some dinner at Music Cafe.

I also bought this picture which is now for sale, cool huh?

Thanks for reading, Stew.

20th April

Hey guys!

The other day one of my friends got a job at Crystal Arcade, the lucky bugger. He told me he was able to get me some free tokens for rides which was great as I needed an excuse to get down to the park, so that’s what I did, I spent most of the day with him hanging out in the Food Barn where he is currently positioned, I think he would rather work on the rides though.

His uniform makes him look really silly.

There were not too many people at the park today, which meant free re-rides on TBD, what could be better?

The Dipping Dots guys said there would be a massive 150 foot twisty upside down steel coaster in that section, I somehow doubt it.

I used to love this Elephant as a kid!

Today was the first time I rode this one; these sorts of rides don’t go down to well with my stomach. It was good; I could only do it once though.

This windmill is now iconic to Crystal Arcade.

I finished my day with a couple of rides on Mister Twister, I don’t think this thing will ever lose its thrill.

Signing Off, Stew

SFT officials today announced a new ride named Bucking Bulls coming to the company’s largest property, Crystal Arcade.

"Bucking Bulls is the first of many interactive family attractions which are planned for Crystal Arcade" said Luke Small, the chief executive officer of SUPER FUN TIME.

The ride will feature 4 mechanical bulls, the aim is to be the one who can survive the longest, it will be great for all the family for some friendly competition.

The new ride will open late May in time for the summer months, when Crystal Arcade tends to get its largest attendances.

SUPER FUN TIME.

21st May

Today was the official opening of Bucking Bulls the brand new ride opening at Crystal Arcade for the summer months. The ride was installed to help deal with the large crowds that tend to flock to Crystal Arcade during the summer.

The ride was very busy today which is understandable as it was opening day for the ride.

I did not take a ride as it looked more suitable if you were in a group of friends, its very interactive and looks like a lot of fun.

The weather was awesome today which gave some great ride on Ferris Wheel.

I was able to get this cool shot whilst I was riding.

A splash down on Mine Ride is always refreshing for days like this.

I went to take a ride on Flying Turns as i left, however it looks as if the ride has closed for a while, this massive fence was put in front of the entrance and the trains had been put away in storage. I hope it’s just some sort of maintenance and i hope they get it sorted soon, we can’t have Flying Turns closed for the summer.

They have these really cool pictures in the gift shop right now; I’m a sucker for these sorts of things.

Signing off, Stew

Nice. I just love this park. I still like the feel of a small park going big. I hope Flying Turns is staying there because I love that ride.

Thanks and you just wait and see what I have planned for Crystal Arcade things will get very big! I think something might disappoint you in this update though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th August

Hey it Stew again,

Rumor has it Flying Turns track has been removed from its supports, I would normally never set foot near CA in its summer moths but I really wanted to check out what the situation was with Flying Turns. If the rumors are true then is should imagine we won’t be seeing Flying Turns next year.

It seems if SFT have gone to great effort to plant a lot more trees around the park.

This is why i tend to avoid visits in summer (awkward those guys have the same purple top )

I was hoping the rumors went true, unfortunately there not. It’s unconfirmed but i think this pretty much confirms we will not be ridding Flying Turns again.

I hope there is some sort of expansion on this area soon, I mean The Round Table is great but surley if SFT want CA to succeed they need to be adding rides instead of removing them and not waste money on extensively themeing an eatery and toilets.

This area is where that huge maintenance building used to be situated, there is now a lot of space behind there, I hope SFT take advantage with it and give us something great to replace Flying Turns.

It seems like a compulsory thing on most of my trips now, I leave you with the picture I bought form the gift shop today. I need to stop buying these things there not cheap and I have 3 now!

Signing off, Stew.

Flying Turns looked like a good ride. Sad to see it go. I think a new steel coaster would be good for the park. I'd say an Arrow Mine Train as some had opened a few years before 1970 like Runaway Mine Train (SFOT) and Dahlonega Mine Train. Also, I think that the park should be focusing on theming. Theming is a great aspect that many parks fail to feature (Yes, I'm talking to you CF and SF). By the way, I really like the architecture on that food place. It looks nice. Overall, another great update, as usual.

Flying Turns looked like a good ride. Sad to see it go. I think a new steel coaster would be good for the park. I'd say an Arrow Mine Train as some had opened a few years before 1970 like Runaway Mine Train (SFOT) and Dahlonega Mine Train. Also, I think that the park should be focusing on theming. Theming is a great aspect that many parks fail to feature (Yes, I'm talking to you CF and SF). By the way, I really like the architecture on that food place. It looks nice. Overall, another great update, as usual.

Flying Turn in my opinion wasn’t to great, I mean when I first started building it I thought it would be amazing but I could never get it to look quite right. Thanks for the compliment on the ride though. Your right a mine train would be the most sensible choice for the park but that why I won’t be building one in Crystal Arcade, there great rides but I want something different and unique for Crystal Arcade. Again thanks for your support Mole really means a lot!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

September 1st

With a month to go till the park closes up for the year I am now going to try get as many visits as possible in, starting with today. Rumors are flying around already about new rides for next year; I doubt we will see anything too big though. There are also plans for a firework show to finished the season off which should be great, so I can wait for that!

Got my first ride on Bucking Bulls today was today, it was good fun!

Anxiety always builds up just before you get on Big Dipper.

It was nice today, this meant a lot of people.

Even classics like the Merry-Go-Round still bring in the crowds

Like many I’ve always enjoyed the Bumper Cars.

Queues die down late in the day, which means there is a lot of time to get re-rides on Mister Twister!

Flying Turns is still being taken out.

And will finish the update with sun setting over The Big Dipper.

Signing off, Stew.

31st September

Today was Crystal Arcades last day until it closed up for the season, the park was open till late so I didn’t head down till about 7 so I could get some night shots of the park.

Construction work for 1971?

A shot of Ferris Wheel to finish the season.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this year at Crystal Arcade, I’ll be back next year starting with opening day which should be around March/April. See you then!

Signing off Stew.