TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sunset Valley [RCT2]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a RCT2 Saved game but when I download it it looks like it's a .jpg. I know it's not... and a lot of other things in the game exchange are doing the same thing for me (even files I didn't upload). I tried downloading it in Internet Explorer and it worked but the game exchange is really screwed up in Firefox.

I've attached it in this post, so if the game exchange isn't working... try this.

Thanks again!

Sunset Valley.zip

File

Edited by coasterbill

I thought about it but with Cannonball Run, Desperado, Colossus, Vampire, Cheetah Run and Shangaan being over 200 feet tall I think I have that coaster type more than covered.

RCT2Day... I hadn't thought of it but I take that as a big compliment. It's not a bad idea, I might release it over there.

Let me get some stuff straightened out here -

All custom rides featured in this saved game must be manually placed into your ObjData folder or the saved game will not open. Custom rides do not export like objects do.

Edited by A.J.

Still not working It says I'm missing AE-JUNGL

That's included in that last attachment, and it's now included in the download on the exchange. Download that last attachment or re-download the file and put everything in the object data file and it will work. There are some really neat custom rides in there so you won't regret downloading it.

The file you're talking about sounds like Amazing Earl's Jungle Cruise boats.

I'm missing RIDETESJ.

Here you go.

Thanks for your patience everyone. I'm a rookie at uploading parks but I'll get it to work for everyone... and you'll get some cool rides out of it. I've updated the download in the exchange so that file is included (I thought I got everything... sorry!!!)

it dosent say it when i right click on it. i have windows XP BTW.

Go to "My Computer" in the green start menu. Then click on "C" then "program files" then "infogames interactive" then "Rollercoaster Tycoon 2" then "objdata".

There's a reason for that.

This park seems to be at it's peak efficiency at about 8,200 - 8,300 guests. Before saving it I brought in some trams so it's a little more crowded than that (It's at full capacity). Until it gets down to that number very few guests come in but once it does the park runs efficiently and more guests start coming in to balance the few guests that are leaving.

Also, because of the sheer size of the park once you bring in some trams with the trainer, some guests are bound to leave because they all go to the same places and get frustrated when the lines are all full. Since most guests immediately head to Cheetah Run and Colossus and they're near the back of the park... and when some of them (naturally) try to leave they have a long walk to the entrance and their presence in the park brings the rating down. This balances out after 30-45 minutes.

Other than that, what do you think of the park? Thanks for playing!

I'm glad to hear it! I think Sunset Lake might be next to get a big overhaul. I have some other Sunset Parks that will never be on par with the parks I build now but I think with some custom supports and redesigns of some areas that park could be a lot better. Don't be shocked to see a re-release somewhere down the line.

Regarding the location of this park, I thought about that and I'm really not sure. Hasta Fiesta has a lot of palm trees so it would have to be in a warm climate, and it's very hilly so I'm not really sure. I decided not to give the parks specific locations so people were free to envision them wherever they wanted.

Edited by coasterbill

Loved this. The atmosphere is great in every area. By far my favorite was Vampire Forest. That little area was phenomenal and the coaster was great. The only thing that I have to nit pick would be some of the coasters. Going over a hill or around a corner doing 70+ is a little extreme, lol. Overall I liked this.

P.S. I blamed you for not getting all my work done today for I was completely enthralled in this park. lol. I think I spent forty minutes on VF alone. Really love that little area.

Thanks! I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed the park. I see your point with the fast cornering hills (I assume you're referring to Vampire especially). I know Cheetah Run blows over the hill at 30 MPH but with an empty train it goes over at 4-5 MPH so I can't slow it down any more. That annoys me a little bit.

Is anyone still having problems opening the park?