TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who would play a theme park game on iPhone/iPad?

Hey guys, I am an iPhone/iPad developer, and I wanted to scope out the interest for an iPhone/iPad game similar to RTC, since there is no way to play RTC or something similar on iPhone/iPad. Would you guys play something like that? Would you buy it if it wasn't too expensive? Or would you only play a free version with ads?

Let me know your thoughts!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is...good luck. Most of those games are INCREDIBLY complex to code and program...

To make it be a decent title, you'd need to pour your effort into it for quite a long time. Basically, if you're going to do this, don't get discouraged.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Are you familiar with coding?

I have been wanting a RCT-esque app ever since I got the iPad 2. I would be willing to pay up to 15 bucks for an app that is remotely close to the RCT style games. While there is a couple Theme Park and Roller Coaster game apps, I want to be able to build a roller coaster, the way RCT does it. None of the apps out there do it yet (Aircoaster is too unrealistic, or something, too me).

If a game were designed similar to RCT, I would certainly buy it (assuming it is under $10). If it is something like Aircoaster or NoLimits, I would buy it for the at the same price range if it you just "dumb it down" a bit to attract a general audience, not just extreme coaster enthusiasts (like most of us here).

I guess I would pay up to 10$(for iPod), but it should have the ability to download custom content such as parks, track layouts, and custom rides/scenery. Also try to keep it add-free and maybe it should have a built-in recorder? Please add my first suggestion, that would make it awesome.

Seriously, does anyone here realize how complex apps are and how much effort you have to put in to create one? You're talking about creating an IOS game that will have to run with relatively low processing power, that has the capabilities of RCT franchise without it crashing more than Infinity Blade?

And you are also marketing it to an audience that will most likely not pay for an app that is more than $6-$7, and you'll have to constantly update and fix bugs and glitches that come up. Not to mention you have to use Apple's development software which is only available on a Mac.

You would have to code every single thing into the game, unless you used a pre-existing engine liscened from another company. Even then, the development of an app is extremely long and very time consuming.

Unless you are an app designer for a company or have considerable experience in the creation of these programs, t's not going to happen.